I helping people in building decks - for totally free!

Yrkomm

@GhostsniperF5

I made a M Pidgeot deck. Not tested, i don't have evolution boosters so far. But if i get some i buy some pidgeys :*

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Pidgeot-EX EVO 64

* 3 M Pidgeot-EX EVO 65

* 2 ******* EVO 66

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 2 Cobalion STS 74

* 1 Magearna-EX STS 75

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 2 Mega Turbo ROS 86

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 3 Pidgeot Spirit Link EVO 81

* 4 Ultra Ball *** 113

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 3 VS Seeker *******

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 4 N *******

* 1 Special Charge STS 105

* 3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

* 2 Escape Rope PRC 127

* 1 Enhanced Hammer PHF 94

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

* 7 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This list present te M Pidgeot + Metal tech's like Magearna and Cobalion (comeback). Also, i put some new ********, but only for fill the rest of space. If you don't have Shaymin's just replace it and rats for Octillery 2-2 line. Enjoy :)

@Cheimerman

I have time, so i finally can educate you what you did wrong :) I don't play Kyorge (i just don't like him) but i have knowlenge how to fix your deck:

Pokemons:

- In theory this idea is nice, but in practice is just too slow to win most matches. Wishcash have bad moveset, and he require too many energies to work. Yes, he have Ancient Trait Growth, but he is fragile (low hp).

- You put 4 Kyorge in your build but you didnt think about how to charge it up. You have only ONE ENERGY ATTACH per turn, but you must have at least two to gain momentum and flow. Max Elixirs (for benched Kyogre) should help a lot.

- Golduck BREAK is good card, but Kyogre (and Primal) dont need him (in this meta). Rough Seas give 30 dmg heal per turn, and Primal Kyogre is tanky (240 HP). Oh, i forgot you didn't run any Primal Kyogre. I suggest that. Primal is more powerful, have 60 more HP and very good 2nd effect attack (doing 30 dmg to all EX Pokemon on your bench).

- Like i said upper, you should add some Primals.

- Manaphy EX is almost staple for all water decks. Free retreat is a huge advantage, and you have more space for more techs in a deck, because you don't need to run Escape Ropes, Switches etc...

What you should toss?:

- 3xBarboach, 2xWishcash

- All Golducks/Psyducks

What you should a****

***** Primal Kyogre = Like i wrote in upper section, with Primal you have more options. And Ancient Trait (Growth) greatly synergises with his main attack.

+ 1/2x Manaphy EX = You needs him. Reduces costly retreat of Kyorge to 0.

+ 2xShaymin EX/2-2 Octillery line = More drop power = speed = better deck. Simple.

+ 1/2x Articuno (Ancient Trait Plus) = Very good and cheap. Prize doubler. Good for stalling in early game.

+ 1/2x Regice = Most players run at least one in every water deck. Very good in early game, buying turns and keeps your main attacker to charge up.

Optional:

+ 1x Glaceon EX = Very good against evo decks. Same as Regice, he main goal is buying turns, but Glaceon have more HP (170).

+ 1/2x Palkia EX = Consistent energy accelerator, but not ideal. This monster needs two basic [W] energies to start his job. Slighty expensive. Max Elixirs can do the same as Palkia does, so you don't need to add it.

+ 2-2 Clawitzer line = Works with all megas and primals. Better energy accelerator than Palkia, but you need to have a lot of Special Energies in your deck. Nice tech, but i don't reccomend it at all.

Trainers:

You made most of mistakes here. I explain why:

- You running useless cards in here like Max Revive (Why no Super Rod?), Evosoda (Dive Ball/Ultra Ball does the searching Pokemon engine a lot better), 4 (!!!) Professors Letter (why?), Wally (completly useless here), Archie's Ace (????), and finally - YOU DONT HAVE ANY DRAW SUPPORTERS IN THIS DECK!!! You need to watch some videos on yt (Dark Integral, YellowSwellow, Talbemon). You need to learn about basics thinks :) This will help you a lot :)

What you should toss?:

- All. Build Trainer Engine from scratch.

What you should add?:

- 4x Professor Sycamore, 4xN, 1xBirch/Shauna (if you have Octillery just add 4-4 line of Sycamores and N's) = Draw supporters. Staples. Without this guys you can't do anything.

- 3/4xUltra Ball = If you run Shaymin add 4, if you run Octillery add 3.

- 4x Dive Ball = Yes, you added 4 of them, thats the positive aspect buddy :)

- 3/4x VS Seekers = Staple. Supporter reuser. Without them you can't build almost any deck. (Random Receiver is replacement, but not that good as VS Seeker are).

- 2x Lysandre = Game winning card (like N). Time buyer. Very good in any situacion.

- Tech supporters like Hex Maniac, Poke Ranger, Ninja Boy = Staples in today's metagame. Frist for discabling abilities, second to break Regice/Jolteon/Glaceon lock and Giratina's Chaos Wheel, third to suprise your opponent.

- 3/4x Trainer's Mail = You can get from your deck some stuff you need to win. Staple.

- 3/4x Max Elixir = The quickest way to charge up your Pokemon's. Allows you to fully charge up your Kyorge and use it in 2 turn. Not always work, but chance to bring some energies on the field is big, so why not?

- 1/2x Super Rod = To recover your discarded/eliminated Pokemon and energies.

- 1x Town Map = To see what you have in prizes. More experienced dont need it (they just looking trough they're decks and checking resorcoures).

- 3/4x Rough Seas = We need some stadium to counter other stadium and there he is. Rough Seas heals 30 dmg from your friends in every turn. Very usesfull.

- 1x Enhanced Hammer = To stop your opponent from having multiple threats in play.

- 3x Kyogre spirit link = We don't want to waste a turn to evolve, right? :)

- 2x Mega Turbo = If you discard a basic energy via Sycamore or Ultra Ball you may attach it from your discard to your Primal Kyogre. Another way to quickly charge up your attacker.

Energies:

12 basic energy should be enough. You may add 2 DCE for Regice/Glaceon if you want.

Thats it. You have my deck list in this thread. Enjoy :)

@hallseth000

I see little chaos in your build. Let me explain why:

Pokemon:

- Why only one Talonflame? YOU MUSt run 4 to maximize his apperance in your opening hand. Yes, thats makes you have 3 useless cards, but if you want to play with Talonflame you must do that, or completly remove him. Your choice. I think Eagle isn't quite good for Gardevoir. She have Hoopas and Shaymin's. And Octillery for some poor players. Talonflame works best with Stage 2 main attackers with Rare Candy combo.

- Soo many diffrent Gardevoirs. 2 M Gard are this with Despair Ray, but you have only one Shaymins, and only one Hoopa. M Gard from STS works best with that expensive stuff, because she must discard useless Pokes to boost their damage. You need the ******** Gardevoir with Brilliant Arrow, because i presume you want to bring many energies in play and boost Gardevoir's damage. I think is the best varriant for you :)

What you should toss?:

- Talonflame

- 2x M Gardevoir STS

What you should add?:

+ One more Shaymin (if you don't have just run 1)

+ 2x M Gardevoir PRC

+ One more Xerneas Break or single Xerneas

Trainers:

- I see the potencial, but you must maximize the count of your draw supporters. 3 N's, 2 Sycamores and 1x Birch isn't enough. 4-4 line of Sycamore and N should work fine :)

- Why Pokemon Center Lady, when you have acces to Fairy Drop? Lady is a Supporter, so you can play only one in each turn. She isn't worth it.

- Add 4 Ultra Balls instead of that much Soda's.

- Definitly you don't need Weakness Policy in here. Maybe add some counter on Steel decks (some normal basic attacker) to increase your chance to win against it. Weakness Policy steals a Spirit link place.

- You don't need that many letters. You have Xerneas, right? You can add some Max Elixirs for sure youre going to attack soon with your Gardevoir.

- Add one more Garden. You must win the Stadium fight with your opponent, and you didn't add some alternative retreat option.

What you should toss?:

- 3x Professor's Letter

- 2x Center Lady

- 2x Weakness Policy

- 1x Birch

- 3x Evosoda

- 1x Fisherman

- 1x Poke Club

What you should add?:

+ 2x Ultra Ball

+ 1x Sycamore and 1x N

+ Poke Ranger, Hex Maniac

+ 2x Fairy Drop

+ 1x Town Map

+ 2/3x Max Elixir

+ 1x Mail

Energies:

12 basic [F] energies should be enough. Wonder energies is useless, you have Poke Ranger.

Enjoy :)

@Valkrust Deck for you for Standard format. Cost 4 Sky Guardian decks, but you can buy just 1/2 and get rest of the cards for tradeable boosters.

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Lugi***** 78

* 4 Fennekin *** 10

* 2 Braixen *** 12

* 4 Delphox *** 13

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 4 Ultra Ball ******

* 2 Rare Candy PRC 135

* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 4 N *******

* 1 Shauna XY 127

* 3 VS Seeker *******

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 1 Town Map BCR 136

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy *** 114

* 9 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Thank you for this suggestion, I don't have all the cards so instead I am using this. I won my first standard game with this deck, of course it was thanks to your guidance that I was able to make this. I threw in random cards to replace what I don't have, they seem to work alright.

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Altaria-EX *** 83

* 3 Lugia *** 78

* 4 Fennekin *** 10

* 3 Braixen *** 12

* 3 Delphox *** 13

* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 2 Lucky Helmet AOR 77

* 2 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138

* 1 Town Map BCR 136

* 4 Ultra Ball *******

***** NVI 92

* 2 Random Receiver *** 109

* 3 Escape Rope PRC 127

* 2 Super Potion XY 128

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

* 1 Brigette BKT 134

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 1 Rare Candy PRC 135

* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 1 Shauna *** 111

* 1 VS Seeker *******

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

##Energy - 13

* 9 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

I faced this deck a while back, and I really liked it, so I wanted to try it. Do you think it is good?

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Ho-Oh-EX BKP 92

* 4 Togepi ROS 43

* 4 Togetic ROS 44

* 3 Togekiss ROS 46

* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 1 Fairy Garden *******

***** NVI 92

* 2 Float Stone ******

* 1 Brigette BKT 161

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 4 Ultra Ball *** 113

* 1 Super Rod NVI 95

* 2 Devolution Spray ******

* 4 VS Seeker *******

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 15

* 4 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6

* 4 Water Energy BLWEnergy 9

* 3 Fire Energy GEN 76

* 4 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

Obviously, the main attacker is Ho-oh EX, and Ancient Trait Togekiss is used to find and attach energy to them.

What do you think?

@SuperLuigi

Nice idea, i never faced that deck before. I must take a look :)

Well technically it wasn't my idea, but thanks! I'd like to know what you think about it.

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Lugia-EX AOR 68

* 3 Tauros XY 100

* 4 Diglett XY 58

* 4 Dugtrio GEN 39

* 4 Rotom *** 24

##Trainer Cards - 26

* 1 Skyla BCR 134

* 2 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 4 Crushing Hammer EPO 92

* 2 N DEX 96

* 2 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 3 Escape Rope PLS 120

* 2 Shauna GEN 72

* 3 Level Ball AOR 76

* 2 Sky Field ROS 89

* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

* 1 Enhanced Hammer DEX 94

* 1 Professor Sycamore *******

* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 18

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104

* 8 Fighting Energy Energy 6

* 2 Fighting Energy EVO 96

Total Cards - 60

Edited by Blackfoot96

I faced this deck a while back, and I really liked it, so I wanted to try it. Do you think it is good?

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Ho-Oh-EX BKP 92

* 4 Togepi ROS 43

* 4 Togetic ROS 44

* 3 Togekiss ROS 46

* 1 Manaphy-EX BKP 32

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 1 Fairy Garden *******

***** NVI 92

* 2 Float Stone ******

* 1 Brigette BKT 161

* 1 Parallel City BKT 145

* 4 Ultra Ball *** 113

* 1 Super Rod NVI 95

* 2 Devolution Spray ******

* 4 VS Seeker *******

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 15

* 4 Lightning Energy XYEnergy 6

* 4 Water Energy BLWEnergy 9

* 3 Fire Energy GEN 76

* 4 Grass Energy Energy 1

Total Cards - 60

Obviously, the main attacker is Ho-oh EX, and Ancient Trait Togekiss is used to find and attach energy to them.

What do you think?

Suggestion: Rainbow Energy. It may not work with Togekiss, but 2 or 3 copies can make your life so much easier. The damage is negated by Purifying Fire.

And Fairy Garden doesn't do anything in this build, unless you run Fairy Energy, but you already have Manaphy EX. Remove.

Some Rare Candies might be good as well, but this last bit is optional. Still... "Togepi, Rare Candy, Togekiss" as they said before Rare Candy was down-powered. If not, Wally to get Togetic ASAP so you can T1 evolve.

As an aside, have you seen the Dragons Exalted Ho-oh EX? It might work well in Expanded with a similar build.

Suggestion: Rainbow Energy. It may not work with Togekiss, but 2 or 3 copies can make your life so much easier. The damage is negated by Purifying Fire.

And Fairy Garden doesn't do anything in this build, unless you run Fairy Energy, but you already have Manaphy EX. Remove.

Some Rare Candies might be good as well, but this last bit is optional. Still... "Togepi, Rare Candy, Togekiss" as they said before Rare Candy was down-powered. If not, Wally to get Togetic ASAP so you can T1 evolve.

As an aside, have you seen the Dragons Exalted Ho-oh EX? It might work well in Expanded with a similar build.

Thanks! I'll add the rainbow energies, couple rate candies, and Wallly.

I realized my mistake with fairy garden, and I replaced it with Aspertia city Gym, but I'm probably going to get rid of it as well.

I'll think about the dragons exalted Ho-oh, but I'm just going to stick with this one for now.

Thanks! I'll add the rainbow energies, couple rate candies, and Wallly.

I realized my mistake with fairy garden, and I replaced it with Aspertia city Gym, but I'm probably going to get rid of it as well.

I'll think about the dragons exalted Ho-oh, but I'm just going to stick with this one for now.

Aspertia City Gym is Expanded. A better idea is something like Faded Town for extra Mega damage, or another Parallel City. Don't play Expanded unless one of your main Pokemon is Expanded, else you get Quaking Punched.

Aspertia City Gym is Expanded. A better idea is something like Faded Town for extra Mega damage, or another Parallel City. Don't play Expanded unless one of your main Pokemon is Expanded, else you get Quaking Punched.

Ok I changed it. Thanks again!

@SuperLuigi

Nice idea, i never faced that deck before. I must take a look :)

Any ideas?

@SuperLuigi

I don't have cards to build that deck, so i can't test it on my own.

Hi Yrkomm, I was wondering if you could write some comments about some decks that you consider good.

Like list what is inside it and explain the strategy and why each card is in there.

I am very new and still have trouble understanding decks.

I have begun to notice that the more I use the theme decks, the more I realise that there are more ways to use the deck than I thought in the beginning. However standard decks and beyond have even more subtleties which I can't quite wrap my head around yet.

If there are any decks that you are very familiar with could you please write a review of how they work.

It could be a (Name of deck) for New Trainers series.

@Valkrust

OK, no problem. I can build and present some cheap and consistend decks for Expanded and Standard :)

I wanted to build very good deck with components 2 Dark Hammer Theme decks, but i realized this deck was removed from shop :(

Can someone make me a deck list that can work competetively well in standard? I just want a decklist to strive towards and so I can win in standard matches.

Is there something specific that you are looking for? It depends a lot on what cards you currently own and how much you're willing to invest. There are some really good competitive decks that can be built on a budget, but most of the tier 1 material is pretty expensive.

One budget friendly, and one tier 1. What cards I have doesn't matter. Just tell me how to get the cards and I will get them. I am willing to spend as mny ingme coins as possible

One budget friendly, and one tier 1. What cards I have doesn't matter. Just tell me how to get the cards and I will get them. I am willing to spend as mny ingme coins as possible

Hmm, sadly I wasn't talking about coins. I guess it's counter-intuitive at first, but the "real" currency in this community is booster packs rather than tokens. With tokens you can buy trade-locked packs (so you can't use them to "buy" cards from other players) and gameplays, which are also trade-locked. The only tradable item you can buy with tokens is Pikachu Avatar Boxes, which have virtually no use other than buying some cheap cards from Trading Companies in the In-Game Item Exchange section (they accept them as payment but only for cards they do not mark with asterisks in their card list and for only about 0,25 value, and usually with a limit of 4 pikachu boxes per purchase).

You can obtain tradable booster packs by participating in tournaments or by reedeming codes. Depending on where you live and how much people play the physical TCG in your area, it might be pretty easy to obtain unused codes from people who don't play online. They usually sell for pretty cheap (around 50 cents or so).

There's a few things you can do with your tokens but if you're looking for specific cards they won't help you much. In the meantime I would suggest that you try to gather some "staple" cards. These are cards that are all around good and usually go on any deck. If you already have 4 of a card you don't need to get any more. A few suggestions:

> VS Seekers (if you managed to unlock Basic Green, that deck comes wtih one; otherwise you'll have to trade for the rest).

> Ultra Balls (many theme decks and booster packs have these. It's likely you already have 4).

> Trainers' Mail

> Acro Bike

> Professor Sycamore (also printed very often and you might have 4 already)

> N (I believe new accounts already come with 4 of these; not sure if they do that anymore)

> Stadium cards (which one depends on the deck type. Some deck types don't have a preference for any one stadium card so you can fill with disruption stadiums, like Silent Lab and Parallel City. Certain types pretty much always go for the same stadium, so if for example you played with a fairy deck more often than not you'll use Fairy Garden).

Shaymin EX or Octillery are very good for consistancy but are very expensive, so unless you have 50+ spare packs for everything I wouldn't bother with them for now.

Usually, regardless of which deck you play, you will end up using a certain base amount and type of trainer cards. This doesn't vary too much from deck to deck, but certain specific decks may use different set ups. An example of a trainer base for any generic deck would be:

- VS Seeker x4

- Ultra Ball x4 (can be replaced with Dive Ball in water decks, and Level Balls in low hp decks like Medicham AT)

- Trainers' Mail x4 (can be replaced with Acro Bikes if you don't have these)

- Sycamore x3/4 (depends on how many drawing items you have and how much free deck space you have)

- N x3/4 (same as above)

- Stadium x3/4 (you can have a mix of stadiums depending on the deck; I prefer to focus on 1 type only)

- Spirit Link x3/4 in decks that use Mega Pokemon. Try to avoid Megas that do not have a spirit link, such as M Kahngaskan.

For energies, a typical deck has somewhere between 8 and 12. Decks that have 8 usually have 1-2 energy attack costs, while 12 energy decks usually have an attack cost of 3 or higher and/or have damage that scales off the number of energies on your side (such as Primal Clash M Gardevoir). Decks that exceptionally use less include Night March in expanded (only uses 4 Double Colorless Energy) and decks that exceptionally use more include Typhlosion (it uses 30+ energies. The attack cost is low but the damage scales off the number of energies you discard).

For pokemon, there's a couple of things that could work for you. It's hard for me to recomend you any one deck since I don't know what suits your preferences or what cards you've got to work with already. I suggest that you google "budget decks" and you'll find several you can pick from.

If you don't mind making an investment, some of the Tier 1 decks right now include M Rayquaza, M Mewtwo (psychic infinity) with Garbodor, and maybe Xerneas with Rainbow Force. Greninja BREAK, Volcanion  and M Scizor are pretty great but they have more shortcomings imo.

Personally, I play with a M Gardevoir deck (the one from primal clash / generations) with Geomancy Xerneas and Xerneas break. It's basically a zero utility deck / 100% damage oriented. It's pretty fun, if you're allowed to set up you can destroy almost anything by turn 3, it doesn't suffer from Garbodor and the only deck that's an auto-loss is M Scizor (although they do play that a lot).

If any particular deck or deck archetype interests you I could help you come up with a more polished decklist.

I want an archetype that focuses pn attacking. Also, your m gardevoir deck sounds food. Can I get a decklist? I already have the staples, give or take a few trainers mails and acro bicycles. (Need to double check)

**Edit** I have 2 Acro, and 3 Trainers mail. What about professors mail? Also, getting packs is not that hard. Having a lot of vs seekers and heme tournaments takes care of that.

Edited by Adkon