I helping people in building decks - for totally free!

BurningSun7

Hey guys, this the first deck I've created for standard. It's still a work in progress. I'm definetly going to get rid of the vulpix and ninetales, but I don't know what to replace them with. I tried 4 matches with this deck and I lost pretty bad each time. Any tips for making this deck better?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Talonflame STS 96
* 1 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75
* 1 Charizard-EX GEN 11
* 1 M Charizard-EX EVO 13
* 1 Entei AOR 15
* 2 Moltres *** 9
* 2 Vulpix PRC 20
* 2 Ninetales PRC 21

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 1 Charizard Spirit Link EVO 75
* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138
* 3 Lysandre ******
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 3 Fisherman BKT 136
* 1 Town Map BKT 150
* 2 Teammates PRC 141
* 1 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Switch ROS 91
* 1 Pokémon Center Lady *******
************ Earth *******
* 2 Tierno *******
* 2 Ultra Ball *** 113
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 15

* 1 Burning Energy BKT 151
* 12 Fire Energy Energy 2
* 2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

Wow the censorship is pretty bad. Scorched Earth and N had to be censored? Really?

Edited by BurningSun7
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yrkomm

• Wildmutt1235

• Sakura150612

• Adkon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello!   I have a lot of free time and i want to use it productively. I offering my help to newbies or slight experienced ppl who want learn more about deck building. I also giving staple cards like

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******   ##Pokémon - 20   * 4 Magikarp PR-XY XY143 * 4 Gyarados PR-XY XY109 * 4 Squirtle BCR 29 * 4 Wartortle PLB 15 * 4 Blastoise PLS 137   ##Trai

Sure, here's my current deck list:   Pokemon (14): - 4 Gardevoir EX - 4 M Gardevoir EX - 4 Xerneas - 2 Xerneas BREAK   Trainers (34) - 4 VS Seeker - 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link - 2 EXP Share -

theotherguytm

Hi,

I'm new to pokemon tcg and I recently bought the Pikachu Power theme deck.

anyone who can help me making it stronger. (lightning pikachu/raichu related?)

Thanks in advance

With the cards in the deck?

Tricky.

But just Pika-Rai related, try Circle Circuit Raichu (XY base/Generations).

Or get some Forests of Giant Plants (Ancient Origins) and play a Beedrill deck. It's pretty inconsistent, but on a good day it can do a lot of damage sniping.

Or perhaps try the Electrode-Zapdos-Raikou (Breakthrough) deck. It's pretty effective, but mightily powerful at T2/3 wins.

I recently put this deck together. It's only the second deck I've ever created. I would love some help to improve it.

Thanks!

Ps - I'm sorry I didn't respond to your trade in time before it disappeared.

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Entei AOR 15

* 1 Houndoom-EX BKT 21

* 1 Volcanion STS 25

* 1 Volcanion-EX STS 26

* 2 Ninetales BREAK EVO 16

* 2 Vulpix EVO 14

* 1 Ninetales EVO 15

* 1 Ninetales PRC 21

* 1 Remoraid BKT 31

* 1 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 1 Brock's Grit EVO 74

* 4 N *******

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107

* 4 Scorched Earth PRC 138

* 2 Blacksmith ******

* 1 Evosoda XY 116

* 2 Fisherman BKT 136

* 1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93

* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 2 Switch ROS 91

* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

* 2 Ultra Ball *** 113

* 3 VS Seeker *******

* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

##Energy - 16

* 4 Double Colorless Energy *** 114

* 2 Burning Energy BKT 151

* 10 Fire Energy Energy 2

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

• 4 weeks later...

I kinda gave up on the Archie deck cause I couldn't get it to work... maybe I'll try it again later.

If you wan't to play Archie's Blastoise the built is too restrict especialy the trainers part. You can change a couple trainers or pokémons but it always goes around the same, otherwise it won't work. Plus, playing Archie's Blasto requires a good knowlege of the game mechanics. Still, you can google it.

You better forget Archie's and play it via Rare Candy and full supporters set up. It works almost as good as Archie's and it's easier to play for unexperienced players.

It's a very fun and very strong deck, and proof of it is it already won world championships.

Any good suggestions for a Sun&Moon Deck- just got a Lapras GX in a pack and would like to revolve the deck around that card

p.s Can someone tell me what all the 3 lettered card series people are referring to.

Thanks

Hey guys, this the first deck I've created for standard. It's still a work in progress. I'm definetly going to get rid of the vulpix and ninetales, but I don't know what to replace them with. I tried 4 matches with this deck and I lost pretty bad each time. Any tips for making this deck better?

First of all, of you're gonna play 1 Talonflame, better not play it, or use the evolution line. If you wan't to play it that way it's mandatory you include 4 copies, and even still they sometimes won't appear in your starting hand, becoming this way discarding material.

Secondly, never play a 1-1 mega evolution line. Most of the times you'll either have a hard time getting the link into your hand or evolving without the link, thus ending your turn without attacking. Not to mention the hard it will be to get both pokés into play with only one copy of each.

Then, what do you use the single Rayquaza for? Just remove it.

Overall, your pokémon line up is terrible. Either add more copies of each pokémon, or make a completely different deck. The trainer choice isn't that bad, but you could replace 2 Fishermen with 2 UBs, 2 Tierno with more N and Sycamore, 1 Lysandre 1 Teammates 1 Ninja boy 1 Giovanni with 4 Trainer's mail... and add pokémon. Volcanion would be a good addition as it can attach energies from your discard, 2 NInetales Break, 3 more Talonflame or none and 2 more Charizard lines. Also, maybe use the other Entei from AOR or add one more.

What do you think? I don't mean to sound rude, just advising as you asked :)

Any good suggestions for a Sun&Moon Deck- just got a Lapras GX in a pack and would like to revolve the deck around that card

p.s Can someone tell me what all the 3 lettered card series people are referring to.

Thanks

I don't understand what do people see in that Lapras. First attack is just like Kangaskhan Ex's Triple Draw, it's meh. Second attack can't be used more than once in a row and uses 3 water energy, and the third attack is good but can only be used once in a game. You have so many good cards in S&M, why Lapras??

I recently put this deck together. It's only the second deck I've ever created. I would love some help to improve it.

Thanks!

Overall it's not bad.

You might waht to switch the Entei for another Volcanion and and Houndoom Ex for another Volcanion Ex. Gives you more consistency.

Trainer lineup isn't bad, but you have too much energy. Just forget the 4 DCE and add 2 Ultra Ball, 1 more Vs Seeker and 1 more Float Stone. You could also replace 1 Scorched Earth with 1 more Vulpix (if that's your main attacker) and replace 1 N with 1 Ninetales from Dragons Exalted, which has a very good ability. Finaly, replacing the Evosoda with Wally may give you the edge sometimes.

These are slight modifications that could make a difference, but as i said it's not a bad build overall, ************ it's your second one! :D

I don't understand what do people see in that Lapras. First attack is just like Kangaskhan Ex's Triple Draw, it's meh. Second attack can't be used more than once in a row and uses 3 water energy, and the third attack is good but can only be used once in a game. You have so many good cards in S&M, why Lapras??

You can use blizzard burn as many times in a row as you want via keldeo or zoroark, ffb...170 or 180 with muscle band...it's really not that bad.

You can use blizzard burn as many times in a row as you want via keldeo or zoroark, ffb...170 or 180 with muscle band...it's really not that bad.

You put it so simply :D Agreed, and adding the "resistance" to Regice, Suicune, Carbink, Sigilyph, and other pokémon who's attacks are boosted facing Exs. You can also use 1 Solgaleo and 1 float stone as it might be easier and better than zoroark.

You just convinced me.

Tigerking913

##Pokémon - 15

* 2 Mewtwo EVO 51

* 2 Articuno ROS 17

* 1 Bruxish SM 48

* 2 Glaceon-EX FAC 20

* 1 Kyogre-EX PRC 54

* 2 Lapras BKP 28

* 1 Palkia-EX BKP 31

* 4 Regice AOR 24

##Trainer Cards - 25

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137

* 1 Team Skull Grunt SM 133

* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146

* 1 Lysandre AOR 78

* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 3 Ninja Boy STS 103

* 2 Switch EVO 88

* 1 Fisherman BKT 136

* 2 Pokémon Center Lady ******

* 3 Max Elixir BKP 102

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 2 Steven ROS 90

* 2 VS Seeker ROS 110

* 1 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 20

* 16 Water Energy XYEnergy 9

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You put it so simply :D Agreed, and adding the "resistance" to Regice, Suicune, Carbink, Sigilyph, and other pokémon who's attacks are boosted facing Exs. You can also use 1 Solgaleo and 1 float stone as it might be easier and better than zoroark.

You just convinced me.

how is using a stage 2 easier then a a stage 1 :blink:

anyway my brother created a lapras deck when he get 2 lapres from packs he used manaphy for free retreat and palkia for charging the deck went well but nothing impressive though

how is using a stage 2 easier then a a stage 1 :blink:

anyway my brother created a lapras deck when he get 2 lapres from packs he used manaphy for free retreat and palkia for charging the deck went well but nothing impressive though

I didn't meant to say it's easier x'D but Solgaleo has way more hp than Zoroark and more useful attacks, and at the cost of one energy it can almost fully power up 2 Lapras in one turn.

If you're playing expanded though, i'd go with Keldeo Ex probably, or still Solgalo Gx.

Manaphy and Float Stone also seems a good choice, but maybe he'd go with Max Elixirs instead of Palkia? Or both?

Tigerking, if you're looking for advice, which i can't understand because you didn't write a word besides the deck list, but i can guess after reading your deck list, you could consider going with way less energy, like 12 tops, and less pokémon, also 12-13.

You can forget Articuno, Lapras, Kyogre and maybe Bruxish (i don't quite know it's attack). Definitely forget 2 Ninja Boys and Stevens. Then you have room to add 3N, 3 Sycamore, 3-4 Trainer's Mail, maybe Birch, more Vs, more FFB, more Rough Seas... and so on.

I didn't meant to say it's easier x'D but Solgaleo has way more hp than Zoroark and more useful attacks, and at the cost of one energy it can almost fully power up 2 Lapras in one turn.

If you're playing expanded though, i'd go with Keldeo Ex probably, or still Solgalo Gx.

Manaphy and Float Stone also seems a good choice, but maybe he'd go with Max Elixirs instead of Palkia? Or both?

manaphy give free retreat so no need for stone

and yeah he use both max-E and palkia

he really lost interest on the deck fast though and trying to focus on the 2 grass gx since we both were interested since the release he might return to lapras after finishing them

I was thinking of Float Stone to retreat via Manaphy and retreat again via Float, but there's no such thing as retreating twice xD So Manaphy is only useful if you have 2 powered up Lapras, and Solgaleo allows you to switch Lapras and put it active again, just like Keldeo.

Seems to me it's the best option in standard. Keldeo is back and full of attacks and HP!!

SO as Sun and Moon are finally upon us i have found my win straks have dropped so maybe i need a sun and moon deck just for variety as GLaceon/Regice is not what it once was. Problem is i am low on GX, see my list below:

Tauros GX x1
Gumshoos GX x1

Lurantis GX x1

Umbreon GX x1

As i have 1 of each deck building is a minor issue so any advice would be great :)

SO as Sun and Moon are finally upon us i have found my win straks have dropped so maybe i need a sun and moon deck just for variety as GLaceon/Regice is not what it once was. Problem is i am low on GX, see my list below:

Tauros GX x1

Gumshoos GX x1

Lurantis GX x1

Umbreon GX x1

As i have 1 of each deck building is a minor issue so any advice would be great :)

tauros can be added to any deck with DCE

he can be very useful vs any deck with low damage since they cant one shot him

• Upvote 1

tauros can be added to any deck with DCE

he can be very useful vs any deck with low damage since they cant one shot him

Thanks as he is also basic i was looking at fitting him in with maybe a poison deck as he will then have more damage counters on him. But i will be wary of him getting ko'd

leafnotgrass

I have a question regarding Bruxish.

For his Psychic Fangs attack the description on the card reads "This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokemon".

In this context, what do they mean by "effects"? For example, if the attacked pokemon had a water type weakness of X2, is this an "effect" that would be ignored?

I have a question regarding Bruxish.

For his Psychic Fangs attack the description on the card reads "This attack's damage isn't affected by any effects on your opponent's Active Pokemon".

In this context, what do they mean by "effects"? For example, if the attacked pokemon had a water type weakness of X2, is this an "effect" that would be ignored?

No, when it ignores weakness or resistance it is also stated in the card. In this case it means all the possible effects less weakness/resistance

Yo I'm insanely new to this game, I've only packed an umbreon gx and palkia ex. I have no idea what to do lol

Ps the umbreon gx has this weird pink white art, why is this ?

Edited by Aqualex

Yo I'm insanely new to this game, I've only packed an umbreon gx and palkia ex. I have no idea what to do lol

Yo! May you be very welcome then :)

Well, for one you're not forced to use them in a deck :P Even more if you only have 1 copy of each. But you can try and get a second copy of each if you want to build them together. Although i don't see a reason to fit them in the same deck.

Ps the umbreon gx has this weird pink white art, why is this ?

What you mean? It's just an art.

• Upvote 1