Making Gems a tradeable currency

XxIllumiNatexX

Do you guys think they should consider making gems a tradeable currency? Instead of us using Booster packs for currency we could now exchange gems for packs/cards we need. 

I think it would be a very good idea for this game.

Also we are needing larger scale tournaments, the competitive person in me wants there to be far greater tournaments with say like 20+ boosters as the prize. 

I'm finding this game without those two things is starting to get a wee bit boring with not very many things to do.

I hope they have some big plans to make this online client a lot better and more engaging for the players.

Also maybe change the far too kiddy art style of the in Game avatars/trainer challenge characters.

Sadly that wouldn't change the fact that gems are still only purchasable from Canada. You would still have to trade a million packs to obtain only a few gems.

Canada Really? I didnt know that. Maybe it would be possible to add some other form of currency? Why aren't gems available for the rest of the world to purchase?

Canada Really? I didnt know that. Maybe it would be possible to add some other form of currency? Why aren't gems available for the rest of the world to purchase?

Because they're still being "tested."  :mellow:  No one besides TPCI really knows.

Because they're still being "tested."  :mellow:  No one besides TPCI really knows.

If they did decide to bring gems to other countries would you guys be for or against making them tradeable?

I would be against it.  When you get into that stuff, you're effectively trading real money between people in your game, and that might open a slew of legal issues, and even if it doesn't it would make the game much more selfishly/jerkentinely competitive.

Because favoritism.

Because favoritism.

I think they're trying to make their original Japan-first bias seem a lot more global. :P Only France (Kalos) can change it's clothes, Manhattan (Unova) easily has the best storyline, the U.S.A. is getting lots of special promotions, Canada has gems, etc.

The contery of freedom in America :)

Gems are currently (and have been for about 2 years) in 'Beta' testing. Canadians on the forums have said that the price of gems currently makes it more expensive to buy a pack of digital cards than it does to go out and buy a physical pack of cards and simply use the code within.

That's why items ('Gem' Sleeves, etc) that can only be obtained by using gems are so outlandishly expensive.

The logistics of deploying gems globally is also convoluted by other factors including but not limited to:

•Security countermeasures.

•Foreign exchange rates.

•Hosts of legal issues.

•TPCi requiring more customer support.

I don't mind having gems being a tradeable currency, though in the end I wouldn't really bother anyway (I.E. I have sworn not to pay a single cent to this game, which includes buying RL pokemoncards, simply because I can't be supporting more than 1 cardgame besides my usual gamingstuff)

Archived