I wanna play with some skilled ppl - we need ranks system!

Yrkomm

Like in title. Ranks are in CS GO, LoL, Heartstone, so why not in PTCGO? This may be good idea. I don't wanna outclass new players who have copies of Theme Deck anymore. 

I invite to discuss.

This has been suggested multiple times but to no avail ... you never know what they're thinking but tbh now that the ingame chat is forbidden I doubt people even find battles fun anymore

There is supposed to be an ELO system in place, but what it factors in is still a complete mystery to everyone. I think that if they tuned it and tweaked it a bit, it could make matchmaking much better than what it currently is. There doesn't even need to be a public/visible rank like in LoL. In fact, it'd probably be better if it werent since ELO boosters are a thing, which isn't a problem when there is no visible rank. We just need the matchmaker to work better. The current one isn't completely bad, but it does match pretty often people with cloned theme decks against completed meta decks, which shouldn't be happening.

There is supposed to be an ELO system in place, but what it factors in is still a complete mystery to everyone. I think that if they tuned it and tweaked it a bit, it could make matchmaking much better than what it currently is. There doesn't even need to be a public/visible rank like in LoL. In fact, it'd probably be better if it werent since ELO boosters are a thing, which isn't a problem when there is no visible rank. We just need the matchmaker to work better. The current one isn't completely bad, but it does match pretty often people with cloned theme decks against completed meta decks, which shouldn't be happening.

Correct. There is a ranking system in place - but matchmaking is limited to only a small pool of players that are "Looking for opponent" - and the system will prioritize making matches as quickly as possible in lieu of waiting overmuch to find a more even match.

With so many players jaded at TPCi in regards to the overzealous global chat ban (on top of a long history of other customer disregard) there are fewer veteran players logging on currently - if at all - and they're likely focusing on completing a daily challenge and/or tournament if they do log on (if they're anything like me).

I think the matchmaking/hidden ELO-System works pretty good, at least for me. I can't even remember when I was matched the last time against a noob player on the versus ladder. All my matches are against players with solid meta decks or good players who try interesting rogue decks. I only play against noobs in tournaments. 

If you get often noob opponents your ELO is just probably not high enough to get only good opponents. Just keep beeting them and your ELO will go up.

Rn I would love to get some noobs to get faster to my full art N.

I think the matchmaking/hidden ELO-System works pretty good, at least for me. I can't even remember when I was matched the last time against a noob player on the versus ladder. All my matches are against players with solid meta decks or good players who try interesting rogue decks. I only play against noobs in tournaments. 

If you get often noob opponents your ELO is just probably not high enough to get only good opponents. Just keep beeting them and your ELO will go up.

Rn I would love to get some noobs to get faster to my full art N.

same my matches are crazy fights on prizes that last until 11 prize is taken XD

I get paired against people that has advantage against me like if I use my fire deck I will face only water decks and so on lol, I wish the ladder had something like a mmr and paired with someone of that mmr like arenas in world of warcraft

Archived