Shaymin? Is it worth buying 2nd playset

Loveless717

Right now Shaymin's are crazy expensive. I already own a playset and got for a decent amount.  

I for a guy selling a playset for about 200.

My question, is it worth spending money on extra Shaymin's. They are almost a staple in Standard right now, but in a year when it rotates out will Shaymin's holds their value on a year or two. I doubt they will ever reprint it, so is it a good investment?

I am talking about real cards.

Do you think Shaymin's hold their value 2 years from now?

Oh in that case, it would be risky since if no tin promo is released then this is Shaymin's last stand in standard, expanded its still useful(understatement) 

I wouldn't speculate on a reprint in near future.

Also, keep in mind that everyone wants to sell Shaymin-EX before it rotates out of standard, so the price is gonna drop quite a bit next year or whenever the next rotation happens.

I wouldn't speculate on a reprint in near future.

Also, keep in mind that everyone wants to sell Shaymin-EX before it rotates out of standard, so the price is gonna drop quite a bit next year or whenever the next rotation happens.

that being said, rotation is AFTER worlds, so i'd speculate a fair amount of rise in price until at least a month before worlds (don't know when the drop will start, but there probably will be a rise somewhere along the line)

Shaymin-EX will still have a life in expanded after it is rotated out of standard. I think it'll keep its value reasonably well after the rotation. I think most people will not unload them so they can continue to compete with them in expanded.

Archived