Keldeo-EX deck copy&paste are boring

DarkLief

I can predict everything they will do, but I can defeat one of them only by making another boring copy&paste deck.

The same can be said about all copy&paste deck (like Shaymin etc...) they are boring.

That's why it is so funny to play the theme deck format... there is always the chance to play and have fun.

And it is not even a problem with those card (I can make any copy&deck deck right now, it is not that difficult)... it is just boring.

I suggest to limit the number of copy&paste deck to the original creator of that strategy so that we can actually see something different, at least on the tournaments (in the ladder there are many player that actually use some original strategy).

Really there is more variety in the theme fixed deck... how is that even possible? Because there are many player that are only able to copy&paste, that's why.

The reason why decks are "copy & pasted" is because they work well in most cases; but one big weakness to the whole "copy & paste" situation is that once you have encountered the same deck multiple times, you can learn from it and adapt to your opponents strategy and eventually counter it.

Also, this:

I suggest to limit the number of copy&paste deck to the original creator of that strategy so that we can actually see something different

That wouldnt even be possible. With thousands of players playing PTCGO, it would be difficult to track down the original creator of a deck; not to mention the decks that win the Worlds event. After a deck wins, it is common to see that deck a lot in the game.

The reason why decks are "copy & pasted" is because they work well in most cases; but one big weakness to the whole "copy & paste" situation is that once you have encountered the same deck multiple times, you can learn from it and adapt to your opponents strategy and eventually counter it.

Also, this:

That wouldnt even be possible. With thousands of players playing PTCGO, it would be difficult to track down the original creator of a deck; not to mention the decks that win the Worlds event. After a deck wins, it is common to see that deck a lot in the game.

I'm sorry but I will not play a copy&paste deck... I will not counter them with another not-original deck... I will just stay in the theme deck format or quit. I don't need to win a boring contest about who copy&paste better, I just want to have fun and lose against an original strategy.

I can predict everything they will do, but I can defeat one of them only by making another boring copy&paste deck.

The same can be said about all copy&paste deck (like Shaymin etc...) they are boring.

That's why it is so funny to play the theme deck format... there is always the chance to play and have fun.

And it is not even a problem with those card (I can make any copy&deck deck right now, it is not that difficult)... it is just boring.

I suggest to limit the number of copy&paste deck to the original creator of that strategy so that we can actually see something different, at least on the tournaments (in the ladder there are many player that actually use some original strategy).

Really there is more variety in the theme fixed deck... how is that even possible? Because there are many player that are only able to copy&paste, that's why.

i don't want to make this very long so i'm just going to point out two basic flaws in this:

1. if you ban every deck which wins in a tournament and ask people to make their own strategy, there aren't going to be any decks left. How many people play ptcgo daily? 10,000? more? I really doubt there are that many individual decks even you consider decks with just magikarps and laserbanks.

2. Theme deck is literally exactly what you said. Some guy irl thinking "this would be interesting" and then thousands of people being forced to choose between some ten viable decks (remember how i said viable) And the worst part is, these decks are EXACTLY the same. No techs, no minute differences which you could use to change the match/throw your opponent off his game. No, it's the EXACT SAME down to the FOIL TYPE of each card

You kinda do realise that since the ladder is keldeo ex and blastoise deluge that people WILL be likely some version of Keldeo blastoise right, its only natural, like with every ladder there were many decks in vs and tourneys revolving around the ladder pokemon

You kinda do realise that since the ladder is keldeo ex and blastoise deluge that people WILL be likely some version of Keldeo blastoise right, its only natural, like with every ladder there were many decks in vs and tourneys revolving around the ladder pokemon

THIS

Unfortunately, with the VS Ladder and Prize wheel only giving decent rewards for winning games - copypasta decks will linger indefinitely.

Before the VS ladder and when the prize wheel was the same for a match loser as it was the winner, deck variety was abundant and it was much more fun to experiment with creating an original deck using 'non-competitive' cards.

PTCGO as it stands is more of a cold-hearted grindfest than ever and with chat removed there's really not much fun to be had unless you're winning.

I think that saying 'copy&paste' decks are the same every time is pretty narrow.  The best decks, and almost all tourney decks, require the player to captain them.

You can say that "Night March is brainless" but I can tell you there is a huge difference between an experienced NM player and someone who just threw those cards together.  Same with Greninja, Rainbow, etc...

I think that saying 'copy&paste' decks are the same every time is pretty narrow.  The best decks, and almost all tourney decks, require the player to captain them.

You can say that "Night March is brainless" but I can tell you there is a huge difference between an experienced NM player and someone who just threw those cards together.  Same with Greninja, Rainbow, etc...

THIS

Any common deck list has variants as well. Which maybe similar, however still different. You say there's only "copy & paste decks", which is inherent to the meta and of no fault to players. Who simply work with the cards that are given them.

What you seem to be suggesting is that each player makes a completely original deck list and stick to only those. I don't see how you can think that's even possible when there's only on average a 100+ cards a set and Standard format for instance only has a handful or more sets to work with. And on top of that the cards are all meant to work in conjunction with other specific cards and wont even work with others. This applies to the other formats also. Oh and the amount of players... I am of the opinion you didn't think this out very much. 

Oh well, like you said there's always Theme format.  :rolleyes:

i don't want to make this very long so i'm just going to point out two basic flaws in this:

1. if you ban every deck which wins in a tournament and ask people to make their own strategy, there aren't going to be any decks left. How many people play ptcgo daily? 10,000? more? I really doubt there are that many individual decks even you consider decks with just magikarps and laserbanks.

2. Theme deck is literally exactly what you said. Some guy irl thinking "this would be interesting" and then thousands of people being forced to choose between some ten viable decks (remember how i said viable) And the worst part is, these decks are EXACTLY the same. No techs, no minute differences which you could use to change the match/throw your opponent off his game. No, it's the EXACT SAME down to the FOIL TYPE of each card

1. there are many original deck out there. I made some of them and they can actually win against keldeo/shaymin strategy. but it is boring to battle again and again with the same deck. I want to battle against original deck made without copy&paste.... sometimes I start a battle and I quit as soon as I see the same deck, even if I would win because I'm sick of play against that deck again and again.

Also there are too many deck that use the draw strategy... it is really boring to watch people draw card for minutes... at least if you use a copy&paste deck choice something different like the Wailord-EX strategy or the Volcanion-EX strategy... really there are alway Shaymin-EX, Keldeo-EX, Palkia-EX.

2. still since there are many theme deck (I have x right now) and there is no broken deck, it is still more fun. there are many strategy that you can use with fixed card and I find it more fun then watch people draw card.

I can understand a noob that try to use that strategy... but there are lots of people that use that deck with a shaymin-EX or a Palkia-EX... that are not a noob cards at all.

I can undestand if someone is a noob or is just a copy&paste user.

Any common deck list has variants as well. Which maybe similar, however still different. You say there's only "copy & paste decks", which is inherent to the meta and of no fault to players. Who simply work with the cards that are given them.

What you seem to be suggesting is that each player makes a completely original deck list and stick to only those. I don't see how you can think that's even possible when there's only on average a 100+ cards a set and Standard format for instance only has a handful or more sets to work with. And on top of that the cards are all meant to work in conjunction with other specific cards and wont even work with others. This applies to the other formats also. Oh and the amount of players... I am of the opinion you didn't think this out very much.

Oh well, like you said there's always Theme format. :rolleyes:

because there are actually only 4-5 copy&paste deck (maybe 10... but the number of broken and boring deck are not that high... also you can reconize them by look at the few similar card they use)... that's why is boring.

I don't know, maybe the solution is to just ban a few broken cards (Shaymin-EX, N, Lysandre, Keldeo-EX...)... or ban some broken strategy... but right now the only funny format is the theme deck format (... I still have to try legacy, but I only got few cards for that format).

I can understand that ban some cards would **** of some people that use that... but I find stupid to keep a not fun game just because there are some people that got no originality.

1. there are many original deck out there. I made some of them and they can actually win against keldeo/shaymin strategy. but it is boring to battle again and again with the same deck. I want to battle against original deck made without copy&paste.... sometimes I start a battle and I quit as soon as I see the same deck, even if I would win because I'm sick of play against that deck again and again.

Also there are too many deck that use the draw strategy... it is really boring to watch people draw card for minutes... at least if you use a copy&paste deck choice something different like the Wailord-EX strategy or the Volcanion-EX strategy... really there are alway Shaymin-EX, Keldeo-EX, Palkia-EX.

2. still since there are many theme deck (I have x right now) and there is no broken deck, it is still more fun. there are many strategy that you can use with fixed card and I find it more fun then watch people draw card.

I can understand a noob that try to use that strategy... but there are lots of people that use that deck with a shaymin-EX or a Palkia-EX... that are not a noob cards at all.

because there are actually only 4-5 copy&paste deck (maybe 10... but the number of broken and boring deck are not that high... also you can reconize them by look at the few similar card they use)... that's why is boring.

I don't know, maybe the solution is to just ban a few broken cards (Shaymin-EX, N, Lysandre, Keldeo-EX...)... or ban some broken strategy... but right now the only funny format is the theme deck format (... I still have to try legacy, but I only got few cards for that format).

I can understand that ban some cards would **** of some people that use that... but I find stupid to keep a not fun game just because there are some people that got no originality.

Yeah let's ban sycamore, vs seeker, N, Lysandre etc cuz people have no originality.

#sarcasm

And btw Keldeo-EX is not broken. If you think it is then you have yet to see Mega Ray, Rainbow Road etc.

Oh and double btw care to share your oh-so-original decklists with us?

you made some of the original decklists? meaning you came up with them? or you copied them? i'd like you to answer this question of course...

Well not all cards are created equal. They never can be. There will always be that togepi which is pretty much never used in a deck and in contrast there will be exs, some of which will be overused. The whole point of a metagame is to change things each season and evolve. And this ladder forces people to evolve much faster.

For example i have not only seen a large increase in number of water decks but also an increase in grass decks as well. so a deck you build would have to be good against either one without being bad against the other.

Another way to look at it is- keldeo-ex uses an ex as its main attacker (keldeo-ex)

super effective- sceptile with or without mega/vespiquen/virgen

If you can somehow use a non-ex to get big hits on it, it doesn't matter how much that blastoise energizes the keldeo. This brings in strategies like typhlosion, nightmarch, rainbow road (rainbow road expanded is the most fun deck i've ever tried)

Or if you can consistently get a powerful attacker to deal large damage (M-ray/Rayeels)

Or if you ability block (garbodor with anything really- off the top of my mind- toad/darkrai-ex)

And these are just off the top of my mind. There are probably at least 10 good decks i've missed out stating. And these are just the main pokemon. There are all kinds of spin-offs you could make off these decks. For example i've seen sceptile being used with genesect-ex, and a different deck with dragonite-ex. Or rainbow road with ho-oh and so many different versions without ho-oh.

With at least 50-60 viable variants of the decks stated and not stated above (and probably more if you just sacrifice a bit of viability) if you cannot find one that satisfies you, then i'm done trying to convince you. This is ridiculous..

Also, P.S. drawing cards isn't ever the entirety of a strategy. It's a playing style which encompasses what they do with the cards they draw (Which is the strategy). As long as there are cards to draw which are legal, claiming that other people shouldn't use them is downright (i don't want to be censored so i'm censoring myself here) "******"

Instead of that, try and put your time and work into finding a way to improve your draw in another way (apart from the "broken" shaymin), or cut down their draw with disrupting cards

Oh and lastly, if you really think keldeo-ex is broken, i beg of you to just watch a worlds match. It will give you nightmares

Yeah let's ban sycamore, vs seeker, N, Lysandre etc cuz people have no originality.

#sarcasm

And btw Keldeo-EX is not broken. If you think it is then you have yet to see Mega Ray, Rainbow Road etc.

Oh and double btw care to share your oh-so-original decklists with us?

As this man said

Does your original deck list use cards that no one ever uses? please share with us your non sycamore, lysandre, vs seeker deck, and I swear if you used any of the aforementioned cards then this thread should be closed ya hypocrite 

ban N or sycamore and birch/shauna  will replace them 

ban shaymins/jirache and octillary will replace them

those cards you named are called stables 

just like yu-gi-oh who has dark hole/pots of greed ect ect pokemon has cards that can be in every deck no matter what stables will always be there you cant change that

same for meta you can remove all cards on the game right now and start from the ashes and still meta will exist 

Even still since last night I am laughing at the thought of the theme format being the most original format... Thank you OP, I needed that laugh.  :lol:

If you can somehow use a non-ex to get big hits on it, it doesn't matter how much that blastoise energizes the keldeo. This brings in strategies like typhlosion, nightmarch, rainbow road (rainbow road expanded is the most fun deck i've ever tried)

Rainbow Road or as I like to call it the Rainbro Crew is a total troll deck. MUST BAN.

lol jking

Honestly, this is one of the most challenging decks I've faced even without the notorious Shay. I'm just going to start spamming recommendations for it to people who complain about the meta. 

ban N or sycamore and birch/shauna  will replace them 

ban shaymins/jirache and octillary will replace them

those cards you named are called stables 

just like yu-gi-oh who has dark hole/pots of greed ect ect pokemon has cards that can be in every deck no matter what stables will always be there you cant change that

same for meta you can remove all cards on the game right now and start from the ashes and still meta will exist 

Exactly, it's lke death and taxes ugly second cousin.

UselessEX, on 14 Oct 2016 - 2:48 PM, said: ban N or sycamore and birch/shauna will replace them ban shaymins/jirache and octillary will replace them those cards you named are called stables just like yu-gi-oh who has dark hole/pots of greed ect ect pokemon has cards that can be in every deck no matter what stables will always be there you cant change that same for meta you can remove all cards on the game right now and start from the ashes and still meta will exist
pawt of greed is banned tho Q.Q

here we go 3 of my original decks:

[Content removed - Mod_Jynthu]

I win 50% of times with these deck... they are not the best decks ever made but I have fun with those decks. When I make a deck I always start with some random cards, and I try to fix it every time I use it... it is part of the fun.

PS. I use togepi. I like to play togekiss.

Like you can see I use only Platan and Birch to draw cards... I find N really boring (I need to change cards to play it and I change the cards of my opponent... there is a chance I will get bad card, and my opponent get good cards and if I'm winning N is even worst). I find Shaymin and Octilery to be really boring... draw cards, draw cards, draw cards... at least with platan and birch I draw only 1 time, I actually play the game.

PS. I have 43 theme deck... and there are more theme deck in the game...

Holy cow!  I had no idea there were that many.  You must have started playing a long time ago.

here we go 3 of my original decks:

[Content removed - Mod_Jynthu]

I win 50% of times with these deck... they are not the best decks ever made but I have fun with those decks. When I make a deck I always start with some random cards, and I try to fix it every time I use it... it is part of the fun.

PS. I use togepi. I like to play togekiss.

Like you can see I use only Platan and Birch to draw cards... I find N really boring (I need to change cards to play it and I change the cards of my opponent... there is a chance I will get bad card, and my opponent get good cards and if I'm winning N is even worst). I find Shaymin and Octilery to be really boring... draw cards, draw cards, draw cards... at least with platan and birch I draw only 1 time, I actually play the game.

as i said staples will always be there and if N is banned guess what?? birch will take his place 

you can play birch all you want but dont ask others to change (birch hate me for some reason so i will stick with N)

also whos platan??

anyway if you dont like others drawing much thats your opinion i like the fast set up games more then slow/stack ones and i can call that real play just like you did after all its just my opinion

also this forum dont support links so use the in game copy to clipboard (go into your deck press the button in the far left of the save button ) to show us your decks

also for your PS drunior point is that theme is not really original because everyone plays the same deck

It doesn't matter how many theme decks are available for use via codes, in-game shop or otherwise. There's a meta game in that format that limits the decks used as well. Like the old basic theme decks and Dark Hammer or Resilient Life were all you would really see along with the occasional shop decks that were staff picks.

Now you can add the new basic decks to that list of maybe 5+. And I have personally only seen much use of the yellow one. I got one hit twice while using Dark Hammer on turn two against it.

Then there's the fact you can't change these decks and make variants at all... Silly thought when you think about it. Lets face it, theme decks are based off the same cards as the other formats. Thus the same meta game, give or take, will be mirrored. Minus the big hitters of course.

Archived