Random Defeat in tournament?!?!

PleasedTaco

I was playing someone in the first round of a tournament, it was a very close match up until the end where I gained the advantage on the guy, and out of nowhere the game ends during his turn and it tells me I lost. ********???!?!?! It was his turn when this happened, so it wasn't me running out of time. He had about 30 seconds remaining and I had about 45. When his turn started, he did nothing for about 10 seconds and the game just ended! Did he somehow cheat? This kind of stuff happens all the time to me with this game, it's become very hard to take this game seriously and it's becoming extremely frustrating.

Next time this happens, it would be worth noting the victory condition. On the final pop-up screen of the match, it will tell you how the game was won or lost.

Any idea on what that could have been? Because i have no clue

The only thing I can think of, without more information that is, is if your opponent had Lost World in play; but that is only available for use in Legacy tournaments.

This just happened to me in a tournament. I drew a Vs Seeker and the game told me DEFEAT. The time left was over 1 minute. I didnt check the win condition sadly but i feel cheated.

My opp was just playing Greninja, there was nothing special on board, and he had to get one more prize to win. 

I lost today due to the time bug.  I think that it is starting its countdown too soon and this is messing with the actual time you have left and it's not displaying correctly.

Archived