My Custom Basic Water Deck (Crushing Waves) Break Down

Pokeball2DaFace

(DECK BREAKDOWN)

Squirtle Strategy:

Start with Squirtle if you have Keldo Ex, to use Rush In ability.. 

Dive Ball:

Use dive ball to get Keldo, Regice, Blastoise or any its pre-evolved form

if all else fails get Articuno

Master Ball:

it is your Wild Card. use it as such, the same rules apply with the Dive Ball but

with the ability to also grab Mew Ex or Lugia Ex as your Backup

Mew EX: 

Ability Versatile

This Pokemon Can use the attacks of any pokemon in play (both yours and your opponent's)

only catch is (you still need the necessary Energy to use each attack)

which means... 

you can use Secret Sword, Resistance Blizzard, Aero Ball, Find Ice, Hydro Pump & any other attacks your opponent has

(Remember..  you have to have the same energy cards as the attack, that are attached to Mew-Ex) I put this card in my deck
for the only one reason....

Its there to throw off the opponent.... say I had Lugia on my bench & a poke got knocked
I could use Resistance Blizzard If it was an EX or I could use Aero Ball to finish the job..

Lugia EX:

Aero Ball to take out those cards with tons of Energy cards attached, or to take out a basic pokemon with 40-60 HP
with ease. it comes in handy especially if you get lucky & go second with a double colorless energy... 

with Blastoise's Deluge Ability you can attach all water energy cards from your hand to any of your
active or benched pokemon in any way you see fit, including Lugia EX: for Aero Ball, & with Deep Huricane you can
deal decent damage as is, aswell as if there is any stadium card including yours in play its automatically discarded
letting you deal 70 more damage 

Blastoise Hydro Pump can be a life saver, incase if there is a pesky Regice or EX stopping pokemon, you can rely on
its Ability & Hydro Pump at the same time, if all else fails.....

Articuno: its a Do or Die Pokemon Card, its Do is to flush out as many water energy cards as you can with it, before
it dies... that is its only purpose....  this method maybe a sad one but it works, with a good portion of water energy 
it allows you to draw your Trainer Cards Mostly to get your Pokemon on the Bench or Evolved ASAP...

Freezing Wind builds up 3 turns at most, & by then it will likely die in mid game, the attack can be useful if it
is your only pokemon at the very begining of the game, 

*(Rush In like a Boss with 2 Keldo Ex)*  if you have an Active Keldo Ex, you can use a second benched Keldo Ex 
to Rush In as a Substitute... 

As a bonus 2 Splash Energy cards are useful for this strategy, not just on Keldo EX but on Regice, & Blastoise

2 are ideal I feel any more would be an issue, any less will have no point.

Switch: is a life saver for those pokemon that are low on health, 

Professor's Letter: for Energy Draw.

Evosoda: to instant evolve.... Saves you from near death 

Brigette/ or Pokemon Fan Club: lets you get 1 EX or 3 Basic Pokemon. 
you can put them on the bench 

I use it mostly for EX since a lot of players use cards to attack the bench pokemon
& usually 1 EX is all I need, unless if you need Squirtle or Regice, 

Cheren: to Draw

Cilan: for Energy Draw

Corlress: for Deck Searching, its a risk but can & will save you...

Lysandre: it messes up opponents strategy, a bit, it makes it so you can use it to switch one
of their pokemon with no energy cards attached also with a high retreat cost, to sorta force that 
pokemon into battle, or use it to instantly win a prize.. or to get rid of a pesky pokemon..

Shauna to Deck Search, same applies for Corlress, its a risk but can & will Save you...

Rough Seas: Heals Water Pokemon can come in handy for messy situations.

(Important)

I am a Novice at Best when it comes to Pokemon TCG, i'm not the best player.. but i'm not the worst....

I have won 14-23 Matches with this Deck.

Its not one of those *(Guaranteed to Win Decks)*

CRUSHING WAVES DECK can withstand a good portion of your opponent Strengths & even at times penetrate their defense.. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were a few Situations where the Opponents would use a Deck where I thought I would lose entirely...  They were using Broken / Cheap Strategies to win... & I still came out Victorious.....

Example: A person tried to use a Hypno / Snorlax Strategy to attempt to win, I used 1 active Keldo EX with 4  energy cards attached to it with a Benched Keldo EX with 4 Energy Cards attached aswell.  through Blastoise Deluge Ability.. & kept using both Keldo EX *Rush In* Ability to attack & take out the  snorlax & Hypno Before 1 of my Keldo EX got KO'd..    *(even the undefeated can be defeated)*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(DECK LIST)

Pokemon

3 Squirtle
Ability: Shell Shield (Preferred)
Water Splash

3 Wartortle
Withdraw 
Waterfall

2 Blastoise 
Ability: Deluge
Hydro Pump

1 Articuno 
Find Ice
Freezing Wind

2 Keldo EX
Ability: Rush In
Secret Sword

1 Lugia EX
Aero Ball
Deep Hurricane

1 Mew EX
Ability: Versatile
Replace

2 Regice

Ice Beam
Resistance Blizzard
-------------------------------------------

Trainer

2 Evosoda

2 Switch

4 Dive Ball

2 Professor's Letter

1 Master Ball

1 Cheron

1 Cilan

1 Lysandre

1 Shauna

1 Brigette

1 Colress

2 Rough Seas
------------------------------

Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy

1 Psychic Energy Card (For Mew EX)

2 Splash Energy

19 Water Energy

Good, but I recommend 2x Wally instead of 2x Evosoda, 3x Tierno instead of Colress, Briggete and Shauna, a Fisherman and 4x Pokemon Center Lady instead of 2x Rough Seas (you never know what pokemon your opponent has), 2x Dive Ball and a Basic Water Energy Card. Last but not least, I suggest that you should replace 6x Basic Water Energy Cards with 4x Bursting Balloon and and 2x Pokemon Fan Club.

Good, but I recommend 2x Wally instead of 2x Evosoda, 3x Tierno instead of Colress, Briggete and Shauna, a Fisherman and 4x Pokemon Center Lady instead of 2x Rough Seas (you never know what pokemon your opponent has), 2x Dive Ball and a Basic Water Energy Card. Last but not least, I suggest that you should replace 6x Basic Water Energy Cards with 4x Bursting Balloon and and 2x Pokemon Fan Club.

No. Put 3-4 Rough Seas. 4 PCL is seriously a bad idea. Also, instead of using cheren/tierno, include 3-4 Sycamore, 3-4 VS Seeker, 2-4 Ns and 2 float stones. Get rid of the switches cuz float stone+keldeo is infinite retreat for everyone. Also, even for a deluge deck I think there are still too many energy. 14 or 15 water energy would be enough. If you have an extra Keldeo-Ex, you can scrap Lugia and get rid of the DCEs. Also get rid of the psychic energy. You really should NOT spend a turn to use replace. You want to keep attacking.

Some other suggestions:

2-2 Remoraid-Octillery for draw support

1 Delta Plus Articuno for extra prizes

1 Glaceon-EX for protection against evos

Super rod to bring back lost pokemon and energies

Rare candies to get out Blastoise earlier

Skyla can help you draw out any trainer. You only need one cuz vs seeker exists

I would also recommend fan club instead of bridgette for this deck especially if you really wanna include lugia and mew.

Master Ball is one of the worst ace specs but if you got nothing else to use then feel free to include it (computer search is pricey).

Pokemon

3 Squirtle

3 Wartortle [run 1, make room for Rare Candies]

2 Blastoise [1 more]

1 Articuno

2 Keldo EX

1 Lugia EX

1 Mew EX [is it worth it? Reconsider]

2 Regice

Trainer

2 Evosoda [Nope. Candies for all!!]

2 Switch

4 Dive Ball

2 Professor's Letter

1 Master Ball [The worst Ace Spec of all. If you have another Ace Spec, use it over this.]

1 Cheron [Just bad]

1 Cilan [Nothing next to Professor's Letter]

1 Lysandre

1 Shauna [Nope.]

1 Brigette [Questionable in an EX deck]

1 Colress [Questionable, but OK sometimes]

2 Rough Seas

Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy [Cut to 2 at most, if not drop.]

1 Psychic Energy Card (For Mew EX) [Not needed, if you are using Replace, something has gone wrong!]

2 Splash Energy

19 Water Energy [Cut about 7 or 8]

My suggestions:

+ 4 Professor Sycamore

+ 4 VS Seeker

+ 2 N

+ 2 Ultra ****

** Rare Candies

Or consider Archie's Blastoise. This is a modern variant of this deck (you are using a 2013/14 iteration with modern cards) that gets Blastoise out T1 for OPness. Just look up the 2015 World Champ's deck here:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2015/decks/masters/

Have fun!

Edit: Just saw BowserLuigi's post, I agree with him. Float Stone for Switch.

No. Put 3-4 Rough Seas. 4 PCL is seriously a bad idea. Also, instead of using cheren/tierno, include 3-4 Sycamore, 3-4 VS Seeker, 2-4 Ns and 2 float stones. Get rid of the switches cuz float stone+keldeo is infinite retreat for everyone. Also, even for a deluge deck I think there are still too many energy. 14 or 15 water energy would be enough. If you have an extra Keldeo-Ex, you can scrap Lugia and get rid of the DCEs. Also get rid of the psychic energy. You really should NOT spend a turn to use replace. You want to keep attacking.

Some other suggestions:

2-2 Remoraid-Octillery for draw support

1 Delta Plus Articuno for extra prizes

1 Glaceon-EX for protection against evos

Super rod to bring back lost pokemon and energies

Rare candies to get out Blastoise earlier

Skyla can help you draw out any trainer. You only need one cuz vs seeker exists

I would also recommend fan club instead of bridgette for this deck especially if you really wanna include lugia and mew.

Master Ball is one of the worst ace specs but if you got nothing else to use then feel free to include it (computer search is pricey).

I like this combination... but understand im only with limited cards I dont have any VS Seeker..  id like octillery. I am without a super rod , Rare Candies..... I am without a 3rd Keldo, I am lucky enough to gain a second blastoise though..

I doubt I'll ever get computer search, as much as I want it.... if you have duplicates of the listed cards that I mentioned, please feel free to help a fellow trainer out... if not. I thank you for your input..

Pokeball2DaFace.

Pokemon

3 Squirtle

2 Blastoise [1 more]

1 Articuno

2 Keldo EX

1 Lugia EX

2 Regice

Trainer

2 Switch

4 Dive Ball

2 Professor's Letter

1 Master Ball [The worst Ace Spec of all. If you have another Ace Spec, use it over this.]

1 Cheron [Just bad]

1 Lysandre

1 Shauna [Nope.]

2 Rough Seas

Energy

1 Psychic Energy Card (For Mew EX) [Not needed, if you are using Replace, something has gone wrong!]

2 Splash Energy

My suggestions:

+ 4 Professor Sycamore

+ 4 VS Seeker

+ 2 N

+ 2 Ultra ****

** Rare Candies

Or consider Archie's Blastoise. This is a modern variant of this deck (you are using a 2013/14 iteration with modern cards) that gets Blastoise out T1 for OPness. Just look up the 2015 World Champ's deck here:

Have fun!

Pokemon

3 Squirtle

2 Blastoise [1 more]

1 Articuno

2 Keldo EX

1 Lugia EX

2 Regice

Trainer

2 Switch

4 Dive Ball

2 Professor's Letter

1 Cheron [Just bad]

1 Lysandre

1 Shauna [Nope.]

2 Rough Seas

Energy

2 Splash Energy

My suggestions:

+ 4 Professor Sycamore

+ 4 VS Seeker

+ 2 N

+ 2 Ultra ****

** Rare Candies

Have fun!

you act like I would have all these cards you listed I am without Rare Candies I have no Vs Seekers... I was given with limited options with what cards I have in my collection... if you want to donate to make my deck better. feel free.... thank you for your input.. will consider it... 

Pokeball2DaFace

Well, there's the Keldeo VS Rayquaza decks you can buy IRL, but if you have no interest in the RL cards and don't want to spend money, your best option is to trade. VS Seekers should be top of your wish-list. I just assumed, based on your impressive BW-era EX collection, that you might have these cards. Ah well. Best of luck!

Archived