Shaymin ex needs to be on the ladder

ahoodedman

-looks in public trade "lets see shaymin ex for 40+ packs, shaymin ex for a magikarp [best deal ever!] more shaymin deal for 40+ packs, ya this needs to stop".

This is a rant about the overly pricey shaymin ex and why it needs to be on the ladder aka vs rewards.

I would say [at least for standard] that about 85-93% of all [good and competitive] decks need shaymin ex, its fast easy setups and is a game changer. The other decks play octillery, tallone flame or wobbuffet.

Lets face it Shaymin ex is a stable it is a must have at least 2 for almost every deck.

But as a budget player I find the worst part it's the average price of 40+ packs! 

outrageous I made over 4 budget decks for the price of one Shaymin ex

right now it is the most wanted card and the most pricey in real life and the tcgo.

But [at least for the tcgo] I found a way to stop it if we made shaymin ex one of the ladder rewards.

they would be in the same spot as the ex cards before them, think about it, not only could budget/new players get them, and 2 is even the right number of shaymins for most decks 

I feel this would show that they care about us a little more buy letting us get shaymin ex cards easyer.

Sorry about any grammar/spelling mistakes have a nice day [and take that shaymin ex for magikarp deal]

If your concern with Shaymin-EX is its ability, then there is always Octillery (from BREAKThrough?) which does near enough the exact thing.

If your concern with Shaymin-EX is its ability, then there is always Octillery (from BREAKThrough?) which does near enough the exact thing.

I said that budget decks use octillery, but I find that most of the time its too slow, and only good in a few decks

I hate to say this, but if shaymin ex as versus ladder reward, all **** will break lose.

Shaymin ex is probably the only card that can store value and acts like a saving account. You see packs like fates collide and steam siege, their value dropped drastically (info from card trading company) in just a month or two after release.

When i dont know what to trade, i rather save it to trade for future expansion cards. But it breaks my heart to see my hard earned packs value halved when the next expansion is out. Therefore, i trade packs for shaymin ex or roaring sky to safeguard the value of my hard earned packs.

In other words, It will make lots of people that are holding shaymin ex or roaring sky very unhappy if shaymin ex is out as versus reward

Lately I've found that with the right cards in the deck you don't even need sushi master, but almost all of my decks do run him. I don't have any shaymin-ex's & I don't plan on getting any unless one decides to be a booster I open.

I hate to say this, but if shaymin ex as versus ladder reward, all **** will break lose.

Shaymin ex is probably the only card that can store value and acts like a saving account. You see packs like fates collide and steam siege, their value dropped drastically (info from card trading company) in just a month or two after release.

When i dont know what to trade, i rather save it to trade for future expansion cards. But it breaks my heart to see my hard earned packs value halved when the next expansion is out. Therefore, i trade packs for shaymin ex or roaring sky to safeguard the value of my hard earned packs.

In other words, It will make lots of people that are holding shaymin ex or roaring sky very unhappy if shaymin ex is out as versus reward

So you say the other side of the coin and that you want only the richer players to play most decks I am getting bored of playing the same decks over and over again, it would make players with shaymin unhappy but would make players with out shaymin happy, and how is it fair those who can afford cards like shaymin to be happy while they leave all of the "poor" players to sit there mad that while they have to pay over 80 packs for 2 stables

I am sorry but I cant disagree more.

Lately I've found that with the right cards in the deck you don't even need sushi master, but almost all of my decks do run him. I don't have any shaymin-ex's & I don't plan on getting any unless one decides to be a booster I open.

I have found the same with garchomp and greninja break and I am happy with that 

but I cant help but be upset that I need to pay over 80 packs to play most other decks.

-looks in public trade "lets see shaymin ex for 40+ packs, shaymin ex for a magikarp [best deal ever!] more shaymin deal for 40+ packs, ya this needs to stop".

This is a rant about the overly pricey shaymin ex and why it needs to be on the ladder aka vs rewards.

I would say [at least for standard] that about 85-93% of all [good and competitive] decks need shaymin ex, its fast easy setups and is a game changer. The other decks play octillery, tallone flame or wobbuffet.

Lets face it Shaymin ex is a stable it is a must have at least 2 for almost every deck.

But as a budget player I find the worst part it's the average price of 40+ packs! 

right now it is the most wanted card and the most pricey in real life and the tcgo.

But [at least for the tcgo] I found a way to stop it if we made shaymin ex one of the ladder rewards.

they would be in the same spot as the ex cards before them, think about it, not only could budget/new players get them, and 2 is even the right number of shaymins for most decks 

I feel this would show that they care about us a little more buy letting us get shaymin ex cards easyer.

Sorry about any grammar/spelling mistakes have a nice day [and take that shaymin ex for magikarp deal]

Basically you're asking for the most competitive decks to be available without putting too much effort into it. As you mentioned, there are a lot of decks out there which can stand their ground without Shaymin quite well, they just miss that little bit extra to make them really good. This means you can compete quite well without Shaymin, just not at the very top (arguiably). 

I understand your frustration in not being able to play these decks that seem so amazing to play, if only you had the Shaymin... I'm a low budget player myself and only got my Shaymins last week. I was doing rather well with a budget version of Rainbow Road (and some other budget decks for when I got bored) before that.

It took a long and hard grind to get the Shaymin upgrade, but to me that's part of the competitive aspect of the game. Having every top deck easily available takes out the joiy in building up a collection for competitive play. Getting the cards for these decks is part of the game experience. In every game there's a top tier which is much harder to achieve than all the lower tiers. I don't think having a top tier like that is bad all, the contrary actually. It gives something to strive for; an achievement worthy of pursuing. That adds a lot more than just being able to play the top tier decks instantly.

Just gonna point this out now so the conversation doesn't derail. The staff has said multiple times already that they don't care about the secondary market. People have cited the whole business with Jirachi XY67 as an example of them caring, but while I do think it was nice of them, it was more of a whim than anything. The fact that they even put FA N in the ladder, twice no less and within less than a year, goes to show that they really don't care about the secondary market at all. Don't get me wrong, we are most greatful for the ladder N, but it really does show that they weren't bluffing when they said the secondary market was none of their business. There was no gameplay reason because you can use regular art N and the game even gives you a full set of Ns for free. You could also say that many FA N holders would be unhappy about this given that N was worth thrice as much as Shaymin EX, and yet they did it anyways (and while I'm it, I've yet to see a single person complain about N in the ladder).

Now, do note that this goes both ways. They won't hesitate to put expensive cards in the ladder, but they won't go out of their way to do so either. So, if they do put it in the ladder some day, awesome. If they don't, welp, time to use alternatives. Sushi master is a good replacement, and you don't even need him either really. You can get away with filling your deck with draw/discard supporters like N and Sycamore and deck thinners like Acro Bikes.

So, should Shaymin EX be in the ladder? It could, it'd be nice, but it won't necessarily happen or not happen.

price of 40+ packs! 

40 packs? Maybe for a FA Shaymin-EX (even then the trading Co's sell it for 35± packs)

The Regular Art Shaymin-EX can be traded for around 20 packs - which although expensive - is obtainable.

40 packs? Maybe for a FA Shaymin-EX (even then the trading Co's sell it for 35± packs)

The Regular Art Shaymin-EX can be traded for around 20 packs - which although expensive - is obtainable.

He meant sts, which is correct, the FA is 60 sts approximately 

They will have NO interest in putting Shaymin ex on ladder... They selling so many Ros packs because of that card...

Why ruin a good business? 

Just gonna point this out now so the conversation doesn't derail. The staff has said multiple times already that they don't care about the secondary market. People have cited the whole business with Jirachi XY67 as an example of them caring, but while I do think it was nice of them, it was more of a whim than anything. The fact that they even put FA N in the ladder, twice no less and within less than a year, goes to show that they really don't care about the secondary market at all. Don't get me wrong, we are most greatful for the ladder N, but it really does show that they weren't bluffing when they said the secondary market was none of their business. 

Yes, N Full Art have been on a rollercoster this year... In January/Febuary the price jump to 90-100 packs. Then back down to 50-60 packs. And it have been as low as 35 packs... I think it will hide 15-20 packs in the future like the other Fa trainers.

Legacy turnement do have an impact on the old cards price...

Secret Rare Ultra Ball on ladder that is a bomb shell... :D :D :D

When i came back 2 years ago the price was 60 packs... Now it is 160...

I understand you saying the price of the shaymin is not 40 packs

I said 40 packs as in general packs not SS or RS packs also I most commonly find them for 40+ packs and thats why I put it there

-update

the day after I made this post I got 1 shaymin ex, BUT I am still standing with my post, because I know that many other players wish they could get there own shaymin ex

Just gonna point this out now so the conversation doesn't derail. The staff has said multiple times already that they don't care about the secondary market. People have cited the whole business with Jirachi XY67 as an example of them caring, but while I do think it was nice of them, it was more of a whim than anything. The fact that they even put FA N in the ladder, twice no less and within less than a year, goes to show that they really don't care about the secondary market at all. Don't get me wrong, we are most greatful for the ladder N, but it really does show that they weren't bluffing when they said the secondary market was none of their business. There was no gameplay reason because you can use regular art N and the game even gives you a full set of Ns for free. You could also say that many FA N holders would be unhappy about this given that N was worth thrice as much as Shaymin EX, and yet they did it anyways (and while I'm it, I've yet to see a single person complain about N in the ladder).

Now, do note that this goes both ways. They won't hesitate to put expensive cards in the ladder, but they won't go out of their way to do so either. So, if they do put it in the ladder some day, awesome. If they don't, welp, time to use alternatives. Sushi master is a good replacement, and you don't even need him either really. You can get away with filling your deck with draw/discard supporters like N and Sycamore and deck thinners like Acro Bikes.

So, should Shaymin EX be in the ladder? It could, it'd be nice, but it won't necessarily happen or not happen.

I like how you compare shaymin with the full art N, and a agree with your points of putting on the ladder. how ever I do argue that you cant make a [competitive] deck on acro bikes, etc it just cant be done

all for those saying its bad business to put it on the ladder its not, putting on the ladder will get lots of players playing for those 20 days. And not to be rude bu,t not just one person said this 'effort to get decks" I say its not effort its cash. If you cant buy the cards then you cant get the deck. [unless you get lucky pulls, but that is not reliable]

all for those saying its bad business to put it on the ladder its not, putting on the ladder will get lots of players playing for those 20 days. And not to be rude bu,t not just one person said this 'effort to get decks" I say its not effort its cash. If you cant buy the cards then you cant get the deck. [unless you get lucky pulls, but that is not reliable]

It's definitely possible to get it without cash. That's what to many players the game is about. Sure, you can get it with cash too. That's games anno 2016 for ya. Problematic? Maybe so, but that still wouldn't be a reason to make every top card just readily available.

I like how you compare shaymin with the full art N, and a agree with your points of putting on the ladder. how ever I do argue that you cant make a [competitive] deck on acro bikes, etc it just cant be done

I a bit dont disagree with you.

Full art n is for collectors rather than its functionality. If you dont have fullart n, just use the regular n.

Shaymin ex itself generally expensive due to its functionality rather than its collector's value.

I can live without full art n, i currently dont have full art n, and i don't intend to get full art in this versus ladder season. I have so much regular n. And i dont even use n in my decks, i prefer sycamore.

But i myself felt that i cant survive without shaymin ex.

They will have NO interest in putting Shaymin ex on ladder... They selling so many Ros packs because of that card...

Why ruin a good business? 

I would agree with you if TPCi was still PRINTING the set, now Roaring Skies packs are only available in older 3-pack blisters that are either hard to find or include a pin that puts the price above the $12 someone is willing to spend on a blister pack. And that's not including booster boxes, which are as rare as hen's teeth and have a price to match.

TPCi has also reprinted cards like Shaymin-EX in the past, Legends Awakened's Uxie and Great Encounters' Claydol were both reprinted as League promos. They should just stick Shaymin-EX's ROS' Regular Art print in a tin and reap the rewards.

To the OP:

staple - a main or important element of something, especially of a diet.

stable - a building set apart and adapted for keeping horses.

The Shaymins would be trade locked so that argument would not be valid. There is no external value for a card that only you can use.

I think this is a brilliant idea! I am not sure which part of the ladder would be replaced though. I think the Full Art Supporter should be replaced with a Full Art Shaymin. Just 1 in the ladder and it would take 2000 bolts (I have only ever achieved this once)

To the OP:

staple - a main or important element of something, especially of a diet.

stable - a building set apart and adapted for keeping horses.

blame auto correct.

The Shaymins would be trade locked so that argument would not be valid. There is no external value for a card that only you can use.

Actually the arguement is very valid. So many tradelocked Shaymins coming into the game also means people will sell off their tradable Shaymins that they don't need anymore when they have two tradelocked versions. This brings a whole lot more supply for Shaymin on the market (and  new players not needing to trade them anymore for their decks also severely decreases the demand). 

That being said, as pointed out before, the trade market is no point of interest for TPCi whatsoever. Therefore not invalid, but rather irrelevant.

Archived