The nightmare of legacy :(

Adhir1995

Genesect/Virizion... is a good deck

Weavile/Eggs... is a good deck

Lando/Garb... is a good deck

Reshiram/Tyhplosion... is a deck that needs to go die in water

I cannot figure out how to beat this deck, unless I nuke every single turn playing keldeo blastoise or happening to have 5 mons every turn in hand with weavile eggs, reshiram will just get fatter and fatter and you can shut down typlosion unless you kill them, but lysandre doesnt exist (whoopee)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to approach this deck :(

But sometimes it takes some turns to set up 2 Typhlosions on bench and that's enough time to get destroyed by your opponet, and sometimes it has a terrible hand and they just surrender... IMO is fun to play, but it has some struggles as all stage 2 deck has. I don't see Reshiphlosion as a good deck like Virgen, Langarbo, Weavile, etc.

One thing annoying about Reshiphlosion is that there are no EXes except the occasional Jirachi (and no Lysandre). Most decks in legacy run many EXes (except stuff like Weavile eggs) but Reshi is a basic that has EX level damage.

I use Reshiphlosion and it has served me well. Of course, relying on stage 2 as your core is definitely a hinderance.

In fact, legacy is the only tourney I play nowadays and I don't play tourneys often.

Reshiflosion can be defeated easily by taking advantage of it's mental weakness.  You see, the deck builds itself on secrecy and manipulation; on lies.  So it follows that it cannot handle The Truth. :P No, not 'the truth,' 'The Truth.'  As in Ross Cawthon's out-of-nowhere 2011 2nd place deck featuring Donphan Prime, Zekrom, and Runiclus, with tons of other support thrown in.  While it is true that the power creep has continued since then and therefore The Truth has lost much of its original prowess, it still crushes reshiflosion.

I play landogarb for a while and remember some ways to defeat it, it is pretty hard, and mewtwo is the only thing you can rely on. The condition is to have 4 energy on mewtwo and a gun with a bank to KO it, pretty tough. However, that deck mostly makes you dead draw so its lucky that not too many tyram decks can be seen now

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Smeargle UD 8

* 3 Cyndaquil HS 61

* 1 Quilava HS 49

* 3 Typhlosion PR-HS HGSS9

* 4 Reshiram LTR 137

* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 1 Colress PLS 118

* 2 Silver Bangle PLB 88

* 4 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 3 N DEX 96

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 2 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101

* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123

* 2 Pokémon Catcher EPO 95

* 2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126

* 1 Skyla BCR 149

* 4 Professor Juniper DEX 98

* 3 Rare Candy PLB 85

* 1 Float Stone BKT 137

* 1 Pokémon Communication BLW 99

* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116

* 1 Life Dew *******

* 1 Junk Arm TM 87

* 1 Silver Mirror PLB 89

##Energy - 12

* 2 Rescue Energy TM 90

* 10 Fire Energy BLWEnergy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This is my Reshiphlosion decklist. It can hold its own in legacy all right. Laserbank is needed to chip off the last bits of HP from an EX after a Silver Bangle boosted Blue Flare. Too bad I only have 1 Junk Arm :(

And why is everyone in legacy tourneys so darn rich -_- Beaches, FA EXes and SR ultra balls flying everywhere.

And why is everyone in legacy tourneys so darn rich -_- Beaches, FA EXes and SR ultra balls flying everywhere.

Because lagacy requires old cards, and old cards are expensive :))))

Reshiflosion can be defeated easily by taking advantage of it's mental weakness.  You see, the deck builds itself on secrecy and manipulation; on lies.  So it follows that it cannot handle The Truth. :P No, not 'the truth,' 'The Truth.'  As in Ross Cawthon's out-of-nowhere 2011 2nd place deck featuring Donphan Prime, Zekrom, and Runiclus, with tons of other support thrown in.  While it is true that the power creep has continued since then and therefore The Truth has lost much of its original prowess, it still crushes reshiflosion.

But as far as names go, Reshiflosion is like 13x more fun to say.

RayEels does very well against it. The 10 damage that reshiram gets from Typhlosion is pretty much how you win. That 10 damage causes what would be a 3 energy discard from Ray into a 2 energy discard, once you get 2 Eels on the bench along with Keldeo+Float stone you are KOing Reshirams everyturn. Your opponent can't really do anything about this, since the entire deck revolves around getting energy on Rehiram through Typhlosion, if he's not doing that to avoid getting KOed everyturn by Rayquaza. If your opponent is not executing his strategy, you're winning. If your opponent does do this, make sure you don't attack until you have that 3rd energy on Ray, or else you'll be walking right into an Outrage for 170 (if bangle is attached) OHKOing Rayquaza. 

But why dont they use the normal card rather than FA,SR....

Because most players in legacy are rich and they afford them. I play legacy cause I hate Standard and Expanded at the moment. TBH, legacy isn't that expensive, besides Junk arms and Oaks. It's pretty cheap to build a very good deck. You can even gets 2 oaks from the theme deck in the shop right now. Junk arms go for about 6 or 7 packs each. You can actually just sell a Shaymin-EX reg +10 or so extra packs and build an entire Weavile/Eggs deck, including 3 junk arms, 3 oaks, 4 dark patch and all the pokemon. I'm talking like you have none of the cards. Weavile/Eggs is one of the better legacy decks. In looses to Landorus/Garbodor, but almost all other decks struggle to beat it. 

Archived