opinions/suggestions on my deck

Naeros

Hello im a Newbie so i wanted to ask some experts if they could rate my two decks and give me some opinions/suggestions what i can change on this deck to be more successfull. Here are the Decks.

PS: Both Decks are pretty much the same. Only difference are the amount of cards and the types. But nevermind i will start now

Water/Heart/Normal Deck :

Pokemon :

- 1 Druddigon

- 1 Lugia (normal)

- 1 Lugia ( ex )

- 1 Rayquaza ( ex )

- 1 Regigigas ( ex )

- 1 Gardevoir ( ex ) [Heart]

- 1 Gardevoir (M) [Heart]

- 1 Articuno (normal) [Freezing Wind]

- 1 Articuno (normal) [Tri Edge]

- 1 Glaceon ( ex )

- 1 Gyarados ( ex )

- 1 Gyarados (m)

- 1 Lapras ( Water Splash)

- 1 Regice

Also i received today an Manaphy ex card. But i dont integrated yet in my deck.

Trainer :

- 1 Energy Retrieval

- 1 Evosoda

- 3 Professors Letter

- 1 Switch

- 1 Ultra Ball

- 1 VS Seeker

- 2 Cilan

- 1 Fisherman

- 2 Lysandre

- 1 Mistys Determination

- 4 Pokemon Center Lady

- 2 Pokemon Fan Club

- 1 Skyla

- 1 Team Flare Grunt

- 1 Tierno

- 1 Rough Seas

- 1 Bursting Balloons

- 2 Fighting Fury Belt

- 1 Muscle Band

- 1 Rocky Helmet

Energy :

- 4 Special Energy

- 1 Splash Energy

- 3 Heart Energy

-9 Water Energy

Conclusion : I wouldnt say that this deck is weak. Because i can win several times with this Deck and even finish the Versus Ladder. But i lose many times with this in the Tournaments. Mostly because i have the feeling this deck depends mostly on luck. I had several battles that i lacked on pokemon or energy and my enemy defeated me then easily. therefore i put trainer cards like cilan in this deck or many energy/pokemon cards and still im losing many times and mostly as i said in the tournaments. i hope you can give me some tips to win with this deck more in tournaments. Also im thinking to get octillery to reduce my depends on luck what do you say??

Water/Psycho/Normal Deck

Pokemon :

- 1 Druddigon

- 1 Lugia (normal)

- 1 Lugia ( ex )

- 1 Rayquaza ( ex )

- 1 Regigigas ( ex )

- 1 Absol (normal)

- 1 Alakazam ( ex )

- 1 Alakazam (m)

- 1 Articuno (normal) [Freezing Wind]

- 1 Articuno (normal) [Tri Edge]

- 1 Glaceon ( ex )

- 1 Gyarados ( ex )

- 1 Gyarados (m)

- 1 Lapras ( Water Splash)

- 1 Regice

- 1 Keldeon ( ex )

Trainer :

- 1 Energy Retrieval

- 1 Evosoda

- 2 Professors Letter

- 1 Switch

- 1 Ultra Ball

- 1 VS Seeker

- 2 Cilan

- 1 Fisherman

- 2 Lysandre

- 1 Mistys Determination

- 4 Pokemon Center Lady

- 1 Pokemon Fan Club

- 1 Skyla

- 1 Team Flare Grunt

- 1 Tierno

- 1 Bursting Balloons

- 1 Fighting Fury Belt

- 1 Muscle Band

- 2 Rocky Helmet

Energy :

- 4 Special Energy

- 1 Mystery Energy

- 1 Dark Energy

- 3 Psycho Energy

- 9 Water Energy

Conclusion : This Deck is in Construction since i dont have many Psycho Pokemon now. Also im thinking to integrate the Trainer Card Shrine of Memories in this Deck. Also which Psycho Pokemon you would suggest?? And which types are also really good??

Thanks for your advices and have a nice day :)

Welcome!

There's a bit of mess and I guess the editor add a lot of extra space in between each line what makes harder to see all together. FYI, there's a button in the deck manager if you are editing one of your deck, to copy the list to the clipboard so you can come to forums and paste it,  and also says the set and number of the cards. Easier and faster for next time :)

Anyway, going to the theme, you feel your deck it's mainly based in luck... and it seems so.

Every deck needs a strategy. You want to follow a plan to turn 2 or 3 hit for 90 at least to 2HKO the EX. Anyway new format relies a lot on Mega pokémon and FFbelts make it harder so still is needed more hit power. At least 110 damage per turn would be quite ideal.

And I say the luck thing because you have 1 of every pokémon. That's bad because you play different ways every game. One time will be Lugia, the next Gyarados and the next Gardevoir... and there's not a lot of common things in them. That will make you also have a lot of different energies that you cannot use in others. Also, what happens if Gardevoir EX it's prized? How will you use the Mega that's in your hand?

To get the needed card in every needed moment you have to include some copies of the same card. That will make you consistency and if one is prized, you still will be able to play another copy.

Those decks are for Expanded and it's a format with more than 20 sets to choose cards from. That's a lot so possibilities are thousands but for sure, you need a more staple line of trainers. Trainers are the core of any deck and make it run and move. If you have the right ones, even a deck with 1 of each pokémon could work.

Staple trainers for Expanded are something close to:

1 ACE SPEC

4 Sycamore OR Juniper

2-3 N

2 Lysandre

4 Vs seeker

4 Ultraball (4 Dive ball for water decks, or a mix of both if more types)

Cards like AZ, Xerosic, Startling megaphone... become important in the format. The new trainer Karen could be a must now that Night March it's in expanded. also the Item lock Trevenant decks are there so cards like Hoopa EX, Shaymin EX and Octillery would help you to speed up the deck and draw without relying only on items.

About that Manaphy EX it's a nice idea. I would cut the Lapras (even if you were not going to add the Manaphy). Safeguard Suicune would fit the deck very good. With some Float stone in there it's a great EX blocker while you set up the benched pokes.

If you are going to play Megas you need Spirit links. Loosing a turn just evolving it's like shooting yourself in the foot.

Tier 1 decks use to have around 9-16 pokémon, 28-36 trainers, 7-14 energies. Being close to this would be interesting.

Take a look to other people threads asking for help. Sure you'll find many information in them to compare, see what people think in general and talk about strategies.

First off, your decks look somewhat inconsistent. The main thing that you should do is focus on a main idea. One good example is Night March. A skeleton of it utilizes 4 Joltik, 4 Lampent, and 4 Pumpkaboo for their strategy. The deck focuses on throwing some Night Marchers in the discard pile so the attack Night March gets stronger. In your decks I do not see a consistent strategy so the first thing you might want to think about in revising these decks is coming up with a strategy. Also its Fairy not Heart :P 

Good Luck!

WWhsdjhudj

Archived