Game ends in a loss and flashes "Thanks for Watching!" across the screen

squirtle151

Earlier today I was playing in a match, and my opponent played Ninja Boy. After my opponent took a minute without doing anything, a message flashed across the screen saying "(insert username here) has won!" and then said "Thanks for Watching!" This has apparently happened to a few other people as well who have posted about it on Reddit.

I was able to take a screenshot of it saying "Thanks for Watching!", but due to community rules and for safety purposes I won't post it on the forums.

We have some work underway to support a Spectator mode and it looks like your game got into a state where it displayed one of those end messages.  The Development Team is looking into the issue.  Thanks for taking hte time to report it.  

As for spectating, just to set expectations, there is no public announced date for such a feature going live. 

Looks a bit like the old inactivity glitch, it was a very common problem in the beta... it might be that the work on this spectatin feature has triggered it again.

• 2 months later...

This just happened to me. I took a screen shot and I was going to post it as a new post, but realize it has happened before, according to the above post. Very strange. Freaked me out.

• 2 weeks later...

It just happened to me against someone named manchiku and it said there name in title so I screenshot it and I wasn't even close to losing the match. But I didn't even get a prize.

Support the spectator mode 100% makes it sooo much easier for stream friendly tournaments, really hope this is coming in the near future. 10/10 yes please

Archived