Thinking of making a Greninja Break deck

Doodleboppers

I've seen the deck in expanded a few times and it looks like a fun deck. Just wanted to know how valid it is for standard atm.

If anyone has some tips for key cards (aside from the obvious Break and typical good trainers) or some play tips for piloting the deck that would be much appreciated.

Will probably post a decklist if/when I build the deck :)

Not as good as before.

Lately for Standard has been paired with StS Talonflame for more "basic" pokémon starters. It's a good card and for one colourless energy hits 40 damage (well done!) plus look for any 2 cards in the deck it's great. Perfect to start setting up.

I'd never recommended to play it with Shaymin EX for obvious reasons (not being an EX deck so giving 2 almost free prizes is bad, and of course the limited bench space as not enough with just 1 Shaymin) but what the deck missed a bit in the new versions it's the 2-2 (or 2-1) Octillery line, probably for the Garbodor ruling the meta. That's also what made the deck to fall down as Shurikens are denied hence loose a lot of power :(

Another piece that seems being cut it's the XY67 Promo Jirachi. I still feel can be a nice tech in there if you can afford to get it but don't know why has been forgotten.

More than that I run a version with Max potions as you won't be loosing so much energies (probably none!) and full heal a 170HP BREAK it's discouraging for the opponent (warning: Damage change MewtwoEX it's a threat here).

Not the best deck lately but still fun if Garbodor it's not in front (or if you can KO it before a tool comes into play).

The rest would be working over a list but feeling is it's no more a tier 1 deck.

Not as good as before.

-snip-

cool, thanks for the advice. Yeah I totally forgot that Garbordor was a thing (especially since I tend to play mostly expanded.)

So what's a good "budget" deck to slap together for standard? I do have one (sadly locked) Shaymin-EX and 1 Hoopa-EX so I have a little wiggle room as far as that goes.

cool, thanks for the advice. Yeah I totally forgot that Garbordor was a thing (especially since I tend to play mostly expanded.)

So what's a good "budget" deck to slap together for standard? I do have one (sadly locked) Shaymin-EX and 1 Hoopa-EX so I have a little wiggle room as far as that goes.

Just finished putting together primal kyogre and it is super powerful and fun!  

It is especially strong in the current meta with so many ex's in play - you can hit every bench pokemon for 30 plus the 150 you do to the active.  Completely destroyed mewtwo, and even got decent use out of octillery before garbodor got set up.  Probably considering taking out octillery, but could still work bc dive balls are very convenient to use in addition to an ultra ball or two in the deck -  you can get your bench set up very quickly.

Also pretty cheap as kyogre seems to be overlooked and isnt expensive at all to acquire a 4-3 line.

Archived