A question about the game's Free-To-Play Model

Liwy

Hello there, I started playing this game just recently. I used to play different kind of TCG games (MTG, pokemon etc) when I was younger and picked up the game quickly. So far I've unlocked the decks and breezed thro most of the trainer challenges and played a few pvp games.

So my question is, what kind of Free-To-Play Model are you planning on the game? Aka is there or will there be a way to obtain "points" of a sort via ingame means (eg. for winning or playing) to (slowly) unlock different cards to your disposal or will you only be able to obtain new cards by redeeming the codes from irl booster packs?

Not saying I don't enjoy the game as is but I can see it becoming dull over time if you're gonna be stuck using the same decks forever. I for one am rather unlikely to go out and buy the boosters since I ain't got any other cards nor do I know anyone who still plays the game around here.

Couldn't find an answer reading the FAQs or with a quick google search. If this has been explained or discussed somewhere a link would be handy.

Cheers,

Liwy

TL;DR: Is there or will there be a way to unlock more cards via ingame means?

Hi there!

No news on any in-game card unlocking means. Right now we're mainly focused on ironing out kinks in the game here and there. When we receive any such information it'll be in the announcements section though, so stay tuned!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

Need to report a bug or an issue? Submit a ticket to support.pokemon.com!

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

Hi there!

No news on any in-game card unlocking means. Right now we're mainly focused on ironing out kinks in the game here and there. When we receive any such information it'll be in the announcements section though, so stay tuned!

Right, thanks for the confirmation. I'll make sure to check for any new announcements. :)

You can get codes online if you're bored of the same decks.

I suppose this is via unofficial sites? Mmmmhm..

Archived