What to do with my booster packs?

BurningSun7

So, I've heard that you should save up booster packs from the tournaments and use them to get better cards through trading. Is this even a good idea? The problem is I don't know which cards I should be looking for. I now I should be looking for EX cards, but I have no idea which ones would be useful in a deck.

Anyway, should I be opening my booster packs? Or, as I pointed out, be looking for cards?

I agree. You should keep some packs for trades. What cards... that's up to you of course. Whatever you need to build a deck or whatever you like to have in collection.

So at the end the question should be: What deck you want to play? When you know, go for the cards to build it. Trading it's the faster way.

Also, don't use the public trade for price references. If you ever want to get a card that costs more than 1 pack, first check here in the in-game trade section for the price. Some people will make riddiculous offers in the public trade. Some of them are scammers, others simply have no idea how much the cards are worth, but either way be careful not to overpay.

Also, don't use the public trade for price references. If you ever want to get a card that costs more than 1 pack, first check here in the in-game trade section for the price. Some people will make riddiculous offers in the public trade. Some of them are scammers, others simply have no idea how much the cards are worth, but either way be careful not to overpay.

But then again, do at least check the public trades. People who "have no idea" might go either way.

But then again, do at least check the public trades. People who "have no idea" might go either way.

100% agree. I've snipped some 4-pack pokemon for 2 packs, and I knew someone who got a FA Yevaltal-EX for like 3 packs. It takes a lot of digging to find those deals, but they're out there :D

100% agree. I've snipped some 4-pack pokemon for 2 packs, and I knew someone who got a FA Yevaltal-EX for like 3 packs. It takes a lot of digging to find those deals, but they're out there :D

:D I got a FA Yevtal-EX + baby Yevtal for 3 packs, Rare but it happens :D

My problem is I don't have a very big collection right now. I've got something like 10 packs waiting for me to open. Should I start opening packs until I have a fair selection?

I say yes, but many disagree with me.  Opening packs will get you a better variety of cards and more trading material, but directly trading them for the cards you want is cheaper.  It's really personal preference.

I say yes, but many disagree with me.  Opening packs will get you a better variety of cards and more trading material, but directly trading them for the cards you want is cheaper.  It's really personal preference.

​Like he said, If you are not extremly lucky everytime you open a booster, you should consider trading the non-tradelock booster you have, open every trade-locked booster of course.

Save them to get the cards you want, I mean who even opens packs anymore ???  I don't even remember the last tradebale pack i opened tbh, its fun yes but usually you'll regret opening packs especially the hard to get ones, If you enjoy opening them just open the locked ones, Save them for trades or good public offers (yes those do exist)

Save them to get the cards you want, I mean who even opens packs anymore ???  I don't even remember the last tradebale pack i opened tbh, its fun yes but usually you'll regret opening packs especially the hard to get ones, If you enjoy opening them just open the locked ones, Save them for trades or good public offers (yes those do exist)

I have to disagree.  I only regret opening about every tenth pack, and the really good stuff from the others cancels that out.   Honestly, opening locked packs is only half as fun anyway.  After all, those aren't even "real" cards; they only exist in your computer's imagination, as opposed to in an in-game economy.

I have to disagree.  I only regret opening about every tenth pack, and the really good stuff from the others cancels that out.   Honestly, opening locked packs is only half as fun anyway.  After all, those aren't even "real" cards; they only exist in your computer's imagination, as opposed to in an in-game economy.

Tradable cards also exist only in the computer's imagination :P the only difference is that the computers allows you to trade one set of imagined cards.

It really depends on your aim. If you're hunting rare cards don't bother opening them. Sure, someone has to take the gamble, but it's better if it's not you. If it's just because and you don't really plan on obtaining one specific card, then I guess opening them isn't too bad.

However, what I would recomend to 99.9% of the new players is to NOT open them after all. I've seen plenty of people struggling to get started because they have to face competitive decks while they themselves only have the theme deck cards and a random assortment of cards pulled from packs. You should really, at the very least, buy 4 copies of all the staple or otherwise commonly used cards and enough good cards to build a decent deck (for any format but I find standard to be an easier starting point). After thar you can start opening packs if you want, but before that point you need to guarantee you have enough cards to build decks.

Archived