Helping a returning player

ChawkyV

Ok as someone who has been out of action for months and is just returning to the game, I need some help when it comes to:

- Current Meta decks

- Good cards
- What's good in new sets

- Card prices (I noticed there were some big changes when it comes to those)

- the Rotation: I didn't even think there would be a Rotation during that period, What happened to favourite oldies ? i mean cards from XY to PhF, which ones got reprinted ??

Any help is obviously welcome !!

Hey,

I dont know if you remember me but night march is finally gone :) 

Good decks right now are Mega Ray Colorless, Mega Mewtwo y, Rainbow Road Xerneas, Mega Scizor.

Hey,

I dont know if you remember me but night march is finally gone :)

Good decks right now are Mega Ray Colorless, Mega Mewtwo y, Rainbow Road Xerneas, Mega Scizor.

Yes I do remember you actually, and I see you're part of a Trading Company now, congrats

-Night March is gone ? good news, but it's still playable in other formats so .... not yet :P

-Mega Ray Col: been meta since RS came out and still is... nice

-Mega Mewtwo Y: meh always loved Mega Mewtwo X tbh and never lost to MMY with it !

-Mega Scizor: I'll have to check it out !

Thank you

Yes I do remember you actually, and I see you're part of a Trading Company now, congrats

-Night March is gone ? good news, but it's still playable in other formats so .... not yet :P

-Mega Ray Col: been meta since RS came out and still is... nice

-Mega Mewtwo Y: meh always loved Mega Mewtwo X tbh and never lost to MMY with it !

-Mega Scizor: I'll have to check it out !

Thank you

Well since a new supporter called Karen is out night march wont be that good anymore. She shuffles all pokemons of both players from discard back to the deck. 

To values I have to say rs packs rose to 1.5 and ra shaymins are 22 and fa 26 rs each :P

Well since a new supporter called Karen is out night march wont be that good anymore. She shuffles all pokemons of both players from discard back to the deck. 

To values I have to say rs packs rose to 1.5 and ra shaymins are 22 and fa 26 rs each :P

Karen !!! i love her from Johto !!

So she's a LTC for pokemon ? nice, tell me she got a FA  !

yeah Shaymins will never drop, too bad i didn't stock on them ...

Karen !!! i love her from Johto !!

So she's a LTC for pokemon ? nice, tell me she got a FA  !

yeah Shaymins will never drop, too bad i didn't stock on them ...

No Karen didnt get a fa. You can only get her from the new Rayquaza and Keldeo Battle Deck

I wouldn't forget about Volcanion-Volcanion EX deck. Another strong on the meta.

Some type of Flareon-EX decks are out there too but not as good.

Also Fun it's Serperior (stage 2) deck and some people uses M Sceptile EX decks but it's not at the full top.

Darkrai-EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor, still resist a bit but lost part of its importance too, same as Greninja Break, now paired with Talonflame (colourless).

As seen, Garbodor it's ruling the meta denying abilities. Captivating Pokepuff it's an interesting card too as Shaymin EX and Hoopa EX are in almost every deck, but it's not used a lot.

N is back. Well, that was before rotation but back anyway.

Staple trainers list looks a bit like:

4 Sycamore (now haves a FA print)

2-4 N

1- 2 Lysandre

4 UBs

4 Vs Seeker (SR print from RoS saved it from rotating <3)

Other very common trainers are:

Hex Maniac and Pokémon Ranger, Skyla (just one sometimes). Float Stone, Fighting Fury Belt, Trainers' Mail and Max elixir (with 10+ basic energies decks), ...

I wouldn't forget about Volcanion-Volcanion EX deck. Another strong on the meta.

Some type of Flareon-EX decks are out there too but not as good.

Also Fun it's Serperior (stage 2) deck and some people uses M Sceptile EX decks but it's not at the full top.

Darkrai-EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor, still resist a bit but lost part of its importance too, same as Greninja Break, now paired with Talonflame (colourless).

As seen, Garbodor it's ruling the meta denying abilities. Captivating Pokepuff it's an interesting card too as Shaymin EX and Hoopa EX are in almost every deck, but it's not used a lot.

N is back. Well, that was before rotation but back anyway.

Staple trainers list looks a bit like:

4 Sycamore (now haves a FA print)

2-4 N

1- 2 Lysandre

4 UBs

4 Vs Seeker (SR print from RoS saved it from rotating <3)

Other very common trainers are:

Hex Maniac and Pokémon Ranger, Skyla (just one sometimes). Float Stone, Fighting Fury Belt, Trainers' Mail and Max elixir (with 10+ basic energies decks), ...

Thank you for that, it'll still take me a while to get used again !:

Chawky!! :D The new meta is so cool :o Now everyone is shifting thier complaints from " Duuuhn, nightmarch must be banned cause too noob op Duuhn" to "Duuuhn Exs are so OP, must be banned Duuuhn" I love this game :D

Oh and there is no current way to discard tools in standard cause megaphone and xerosic got rotated out so garb is superior :D

Archived