The influence of Pokemon GO! on this precious little card game..

chocopocoloc

Hi guys,

After one month of walking through Amsterdam looking for Pokemon in GO!, I got a little tired of it. I wanted to play the game from my couch and not stumble into tourists all day long, with my eyes locked on my screen. In retrospect; pretty ***** dangerous!
So then I started looking into alternatives and after gps-spoofers and N64-simulators I came across this hidden jewel.

From the get-go I was addicted and have been grinding the versus-ladders and an occassional tournament now and then. Got myself a pretty nice set of volcanions early on, and I have been expanding that deck ever since.

As I'm new I also realize this community is much older then pokemon GO! and I wonder how some of you older players notice differences in the game since GO! got so popular.
Did the player pool get much bigger?
Did the overall level decrease?
Are people much slower?
Do you find a lot of wonderful trades? ( like myself on day two selling a FA sycamore in exchange for a charizard(gotta have charizard right?))
Etc.. etc...
I just realized that maybe the die-hards here are ranked so high they never get in touch with the newbies..

Well, discuss!

Oh no, no such thing. The veterans here love helping new people, with advice and some even give cards and packs just to help you get started. Sadly some of our guys have left along the years for one reason or another, but the vets who are sticking around definetly try to help as much as possible.

While I'm at it, welcome to the PTCGO xd

This is a good game, glad you are here! GO! has actually adversely affected this game, since it directly gets money from paying customers, that is what gets the attention. As such, features of this game have since been eliminated for one reason or another, but they are related also to the craze of GO!.

Personally, I wish I could play go, but I use a prepaid service because I can't afford/don't want to be bound to a contract, and don't use my phone enough to warrant splurging on a pricey contract. But that is life, and I do enjoy my PTCGO binges, until the RNG bug starts to ****.

You will find a very friendly community here, and we are all very willing to help out new players. Welcome aboard, and hope to see you stick around for a while!

As I'm new I also realize this community is much older then pokemon GO! and I wonder how some of you older players notice differences in the game since GO! got so popular.

Did the player pool get much bigger?

Did the overall level decrease?

Are people much slower?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Yes.

The game got unneccesary attention and it greatly afflicted the game.

Before the pokemon-go hype noone would have thought about threatening the ptcgo-developers with lawyers.

Irrational individuals lured in by pokemon-go have already caused damage to this game. (canning of the chat, etc.)

But the thing about ptcgo is that it always recovers.

Even before pokemon-go there were cheaters who almost destroyed the integrity of the game, but the devs got their stuff back on the track and now it's merely a story of the past.

And new players are usually supported by lots of helpful players around here.

Archived