I'm surprised at how strategic this game is

BurningSun7

You really have to think about which cards you play and which you don't. I guess a large part has to deal with your opening hand. In my opinion PTCGO is even more strategic than some of the big time strategy games out there.

I agree. So many people complain that everyone just plays copy/paste decks. But making a good deck and knowing how to play it to it's fullest potential is not nearly as easy as taking someone's decklist. I love this game for that reason. it can be oh so simple to play and have fun with, but if you choose, it can be extraordinarily complex and strategic. 

When I first started, I had something of an ignorant attitude toward card games as a whole, thinking they would be predominantly luck-based with very little room, if any at all, for skill and strategy.

But man, oh, man, was I surprised with the amount of strategic depth I could explore with this game. The fact that I could keep exploring said strategic depth to this day is prehaps one of the big reasons why I've been enthralled with the game for over three years now.

I agree. So many people complain that everyone just plays copy/paste decks. But making a good deck and knowing how to play it to it's fullest potential is not nearly as easy as taking someone's decklist. I love this game for that reason. it can be oh so simple to play and have fun with, but if you choose, it can be extraordinarily complex and strategic.

Like night March...

Like night March...

Well NM is dead and burried 16 feet under now xd There will always be meta decks, but more often than not they are not invincible. If they somehow do become invincible, they receive the nerfbat sooner or later.

currently one of the deadliest and relatively cheap decks is the typhlosion deck, which just like NM needs 0 braincells and 0 experience or strategy to work xD

But yeah, this is a strategic game, more so if you opt to create your own unique decks. No matter what you do, winning with a unique deck, knowing you actually made a pretty decent deck and know how to work it is extremely satisfying compared to those C/P'd metadecks :P

When I first started, I had something of an ignorant attitude toward card games as a whole, thinking they would be predominantly luck-based with very little room, if any at all, for skill and strategy.

But man, oh, man, was I surprised with the amount of strategic depth I could explore with this game. The fact that I could keep exploring said strategic depth to this day is prehaps one of the big reasons why I've been enthralled with the game for over three years now.

This game is based on luck tho, if you can't get the right cards you can't use your strategy properly, resulting in a loss.

I didn't say it isn't luck based at all; I've been burned by bad hands and bad Prizes many, many times, so I know luck is still involved. I was saying it isn't entirely luck-based like I'd originally thought before playing the game.

In my opinion PTCGO is even more strategic than some of the big time strategy games out there.

I believe that to be the case. Not only is this one of the most strategic card games out there, it may even be one of the most strategic games altogether.

The amount of possibilities in this game is actually overwhelming sometimes.

I haven't played in a few months, and the main reason for that is because the game keeps expanding, new cards being released and new strategies always being formed, it's hard to keep up. Especially since I'm the type of player that refuses to copy deck lists, I stubbornly have to be original and create my own unique decks. That means sifting through thousands upon thousands of cards to find just what you need for that deck. The process can take many hours for me. But at least it's easier to sort through them all online then it is in real life. :P

So as much as I love seeing new cards and deck ideas coming out, it would be nice if it could all just slow down for a bit. Like releasing new sets every 6 or 9 months instead of just 3. But why would the people at Pokemon listen to me? :lol:

Archived