Anyone else not like the new KO animation and miss the old deck boxes?

Countdown379

The new KO animation since the update is driving me crazy. The delay before it tilts sideways always has me thinking at first I did the math wrong and didn't knock it out. Also it just looks less cool in some way. The old animation with the instant tilt was preferable in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

Also, the new deck boxes look great, but I miss having the freedom to choose like I had before. I used the colors to sort boxes and now I'm stuck just going with the energy color. Also, sometimes I just liked to do red and white because it looked like a pokeball. My recommendation is to still have the option of the old ones ... the trainers in the trainer challenge still do!

And what is with the reverse of yes/no on the coin flip? I've accidentally chosen to go second so many times now haha.

I totally agree on this one.

The previous bump animation was clearly showing when something was knocked out.

This new one always gets me doing the math twice before attacking.

Like, seriously, changing that animation was so not neccessary.

Why do you keep downgrading the game? It makes no sense.

And the switched buttons are confusing.

I hit the wrong button the first 5 games out of reflex, ending up not begining.

Grrrr.

The new KO animation since the update is driving me crazy. The delay before it tilts sideways always has me thinking at first I did the math wrong and didn't knock it out. Also it just looks less cool in some way. The old animation with the instant tilt was preferable in my opinion. Anyone else agree?

Yes, but the change was due to fixing errors.  They hope to get it worked out in the future.

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/46873-janky-knock-out-animation/?do=findComment&comment=517654

Also, the new deck boxes look great, but I miss having the freedom to choose like I had before. I used the colors to sort boxes and now I'm stuck just going with the energy color. Also, sometimes I just liked to do red and white because it looked like a pokeball. My recommendation is to still have the option of the old ones ... the trainers in the trainer challenge still do!

Totally agree.  I'm not a huge fan of the energy symbol boxes.  Or the vertical split for two types.

And what is with the reverse of yes/no on the coin flip? I've accidentally chosen to go second so many times now haha.

Do you mean the correction of the reverse of No/Yes on the coin flip from a year ago?

i agree 1000% with this. The old animation with insta-tilt almost felt like that manectric took the brunt of your landorus's hammerhead. Now, in comparison, it feels as if the pokemon got hit and then decided it needs to go to the bathroom. Such an anticlimax.

Do you mean the correction of the reverse of No/Yes on the coin flip from a year ago?

I remember that :D

It's almost as if devs were like:

Dev 1: Hey man, it's been too long since we've trolled the players. What do you think we should do?

Dev 2: You remember that time we switched the yes and no buttons? it was like an april fools joke.. except better

Dev 1: OMG you're right! Let's do that again! It'll be hilarious!

Dev 2: *grins evilly* Mwahahaha

Dev 1: *grins with him* Mwahahahahaha

Honestly all jokes aside guys, please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.. That yes/no switch is a big turn-off

i agree 1000% with this. The old animation with insta-tilt almost felt like that manectric took the brunt of your landorus's hammerhead. Now, in comparison, it feels as if the pokemon got hit and then decided it needs to go to the bathroom. Such an anticlimax.

I remember that :D

Dev 1: Hey man, it's been too long since we've trolled the players. What do you think we should do?

Dev 2: You remember that time we switched the yes and no buttons? it was like an april fools joke.. except better

Honestly all jokes aside guys, please stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.. That yes/no switch is a big turn-off

EA in a nutshell, oh wait wrong game...

Yeah have to agree on these things. I also thought we were getting these new energy boxes in addition to the old ones... was disappointed to see the old ones get replaced instead... it's hard to say they are better. They are fairly generic feeling already. Why not just keep the old color combos and allow us to put energy decals (or other symbols) on them? That would seem like the most amount of customization there. 

But this though. xD

You know, I'd actually prefer if it went down like this. Succesful prank is succesful, I can appreciate that.

I wasn't playing the game a year ago so didn't know that the yes/no were reversed originally. I'm always a "heads" guy on the flip, so I prefered the pre-update way so if I won I didn't have to move the cursor. Maybe I'll just start choosing tails ... laziness at its finest.

If the tilt thing was to fix some bug, then that is understandable, but I don't know, all these "fixes" to get Ninja Boy into the game seem to be more trouble than it's worth given tons of other bugs have popped up which are much more annoying than not having Ninja Boy (not being able to look at the discard when searching my deck is big and I've had a couple games freeze on me, plus multiple cards reported to not work correctly).

Glad others agree on the deck box issue though. I can't imagine it'd be hard to add back in the original one in addition to the new. When in doubt, more options is always better.

Archived