this update has RUINED a fun game

ahoodedman

My 3d post ever, how wonderful that I have to make it about this update

READ BEFORE YOU HATE

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

But really this update is 99% awful starting with the basics

The ONLY good things are the new decks and ninja boy but everything else is trash and 

here is why

To start off with the chat you can post 4 messages and a few of these :)  :angry:  :huh:

So far everyone I asked says the same thing that this is bad

these messages are hello, whew that was close, you have a good deck and well played

these are not bad but far from good they are missing things,

like good game, do you want to be my friend? Sure I would love to be your friend. Thank you for saying my deck is good and so much more,

they never had a need to go into this chat and why have a mute button if they cant even say anything bad to you pointless.

But what is the WORST thing of all from at least my knowledge you cant report in game this mistake is the worstest that has happened all year

this is why

for many games in a row I have faced this kind of player, they use moves to move energy cards so there turn will never end and wait all 20min SUPER bad that you can't report these players for exploit anymore and with these players every game there is no way I can get those last few points for my full art trainer any day soon

They add so many better options they could of done to make this game "more kid friendly"

One is to make a setting that would allow the player and there opment to only use this new chat, so perfect, it does what it is meant more to make this game kid friendly but doing this to the whole online is just terrible.

So far if I rated updates I would give this a 0/10 ninja boy or not cant change how bad this is,

A side note is when I used battle compressor I could not use showplaymat to see my discard pile this needs a fix too

So I am done with my rant tell me what you think and if you think my changes would fit this update better. Also sorry for the grammar mistakes.

The canned chat is what ruins the whole point of PTCGO.

It's a fun game for people to interact during battles. This element has been removed.

We want it back.

Is it just me or have they removed the ability to click on a card and see it enlarged when making or editing a deck?

I can only enlarge a card once added to my deck, not whilst in the selection pane below. This means if I cant look at the evolution chain cards associated with a Pokemon until after I add it to my deck, then I have to click on the one in my deck.

Why make what was a perfectly good facility more difficult? I can't see the benefit.

Also, on an iPad the normal size cards have very small writing. So I often viewed cards in the 'full screen' view before selecting them.

Absolutely agree with your points too. Especially the chat.

Is it just me or have they removed the ability to click on a card and see it enlarged when making or editing a deck?

I can only enlarge a card once added to my deck, not whilst in the selection pane below. This means if I cant look at the evolution chain cards associated with a Pokemon until after I add it to my deck, then I have to click on the one in my deck.

Try two finger tap to zoom.  

I'll follow up with the team why this was changed from double tap to zoom.

I wanted to say "thanks for the game" this morning when someone actually played instead of conceding, since it let me finish my challenge. That was before I could tell if I'd won or lost (it turned out they had nothing big waiting to be sprung on me, but it took time). There was no place for a "whew," and I can't honestly complement a choice of theme deck when I have the same one available to me.

Saying "well played" to someone who turns out to have never had a good play opportunity seems like an insult.

As an aside, I'm glad I didn't take the darkness damage challenge, because I don't see much in my collection that can help there.

My 3d post ever, how wonderful that I have to make it about this update

READ BEFORE YOU HATE

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.

But really this update is 99% awful starting with the basics

The ONLY good things are the new decks and ninja boy but everything else is trash and 

here is why

To start off with the chat you can post 4 messages and a few of these :)  :angry:  :huh:

So far everyone I asked says the same thing that this is bad

these messages are hello, whew that was close, you have a good deck and well played

these are not bad but far from good they are missing things,

like good game, do you want to be my friend? Sure I would love to be your friend. Thank you for saying my deck is good and so much more,

they never had a need to go into this chat and why have a mute button if they cant even say anything bad to you pointless.

But what is the WORST thing of all from at least my knowledge you cant report in game this mistake is the worstest that has happened all year

this is why

for many games in a row I have faced this kind of player, they use moves to move energy cards so there turn will never end and wait all 20min SUPER bad that you can't report these players for exploit anymore and with these players every game there is no way I can get those last few points for my full art trainer any day soon

They add so many better options they could of done to make this game "more kid friendly"

One is to make a setting that would allow the player and there opment to only use this new chat, so perfect, it does what it is meant more to make this game kid friendly but doing this to the whole online is just terrible.

So far if I rated updates I would give this a 0/10 ninja boy or not cant change how bad this is,

A side note is when I used battle compressor I could not use showpla mat to see my discard pile this needs a fix too

So I am done with my rant tell me what you think and if you think my changes would fit this update better. Also sorry for the grammar mistakes.

You will have these kind of players still, even with "troll chat" gone, trolls are still gonna troll.  What you need to do then is at the end game window, click on "export" and the gamelog will now be saved in your clipboard.

Come here and click on the link in any mod's signature, and click on ask a question.

There you will explain the issue, then in attachments, you will paste the gamelog, then submit.

Even though they got rid of the chat, we still have the responsibility of reporting troll behavior.

You will have these kind of players still, even with "troll chat" gone, trolls are still gonna troll.  What you need to do then is at the end game window, click on "export" and the gamelog will now be saved in your clipboard.

Come here and click on the link in any mod's signature, and click on ask a question.

There you will explain the issue, then in attachments, you will paste the gamelog, then submit.

Even though they got rid of the chat, we still have the responsibility of reporting troll behavior.

thanks for the help but before it is so much easier to just report in game and still was a good feature removed for no reason.

In-game reporting has not changed with the update. As this thread has shifted to discussing the canned chat, I'm going to go ahead and close it up, as we already have a large thread devoted to the topic. Thanks!

Archived