My thoughts on canned chat

PitBull

******** n0ughty is a banned word

I do not know about anyone else.

I object to being treated like ********* 9 year old, not allowed to communicate with anyone, even the 9 year olds!!

I have my own mind and it is certainly bigger than the mind of the person who came up with the pre-canned messages we can send each other,

I also have more manners and would have though "Thank You" would have be of the first canned messages I would add. What is even more infuriating is that time was wasted on this huge step backwards whilst still delivering a buggy release.

Buggy in that the problem with having to completely close the game after it drops a network connection rather than just re-login et your non theme decks.

Buggy in that the upgrade process is susceptible to failure and needs to follow the same known steps to uninstall and re-install from scratch.

Then to top it all we bring in bugs

If I was a shareholder in the companies that own the rights to the Pokemon Genre I would be very worried about the damage these sort of mishaps could have on the share price.

1. Who else feels that they are actually responsible enough to be allowed to chat to each other whilst playing games?

2. Who feels that the games have lost something when you cannot converse with your opponent?

So TCGO Ops - no one has explained why this was done?

What was wrong with the old chat? If a minority were abusing it take their privileges away.

DON'T put the Whole CLASS in DETENTION

PitBull

PS I love some of the other changes!

The majority of players did not use the chat feature in matches.

Of those who did engage in chat had a high % of incidence of reported interactions (harassment, insults, rude behavior, etc.).  While your experience may have not involved such behavior, it was going on.  

There is a reason other similar games have removed chat experiences in what is inherently an adversarial relationship (you competing against your opponent).  

We encourage you to chat with your fellow players in the open lobbies, send freind requests and chat via messages after a mach and to chat here on the forums.

We also have an existing thread on the subject, found here http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/46559-please-dont-can-the-chat/

The majority of players did not use the chat feature in matches.

Of those who did engage in chat had a high % of incidence of reported interactions (harassment, insults, rude behavior, etc.).  While your experience may have not involved such behavior, it was going on.  

There is a reason other similar games have removed chat experiences in what is inherently an adversarial relationship (you competing against your opponent).  

We encourage you to chat with your fellow players in the open lobbies, send freind requests and chat via messages after a mach and to chat here on the forums.

I can respect what you said Sam, but it would be really appreciated if you made our friends lists unlimited again so we can chat to said many people after a game 

Archived