Downtime after patch, usual?

DarkShaderz

Hi im pretty new here and like the title says, I was wondering if those unscheduled maintenance after any kind of patch we're usual on this game?

​Don't get me wrong, I'm not whinning or anything. I just want to know so I don't waste time home when I know the server won't be on for 24-48hours after a patch. Thanks for the answer.

No this is not usual.  Also, the issue necessitating today's unscheduled downtime is unrelated to the new version.  It's server stuff, unfortunately.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Short answer, yes. To their credit, they did try to get everything done and ready within the scheduled time, and the game was available inmediatly after that (which is unusual; typically unscheduled downtime is inmediatly after the scheduled one, and toghether they can take up to a full day).

However, it's clear that it didn't work. They were left with some really glaring bugs and in the end they had to go into unscheduled downtime anyways. I guess you realy can't rush the post-patch maintenece after all.

EDIT: Not saying that Samhayne is lying, but there usually is an extended downtime after the normal one. How much longer it is varies from patch to patch, but there have been some pretty long ones before. The longest one I remember was for the release of BP, where the entire forum was going nuts at the seemingly endless downtime.

EDIT 2: Apparently the downtime has nothing to do with the plethora of bugs that popped up in the last day. Pitty. That means we'll be having those bugs around still.

I recall a message about 30 minutes before this maintenance saying that there were a few bugs with certain cards. Maybe that could be why there is this unscheduled downtime?

No, as I mentioned previously this unscheduled downtime is due to a server issue (think hardware and configurations and stuff) and is not related to version 2.39.

We should be back live shortly.

Well thanks for all those answer. I don't care if it takes a bit longer to make a patch or to get the server back and stable. I just don't want to lose my day thinking it'll be up when it is not.

​Keep the good work guys, I know server's are often a pain in the ''censured''.

Archived