Deck Help

KovuBrute1

Hey yall, dont know if this was allowed but im trying anyways, but i was wondering if i could get tips to build a good solid/strong deck, im new to this so i dont know a whole lot of what im doing. I will say i do buy backs/kits for my own physical personal collection so i've gotten most of these through the codes.

Heres are my strongest pokemon

Aggron Ex 180-Raging Hammer 60+
Archanine 110- Flamethrower 90 (Do have growlithe)
Arceus 180-Power Blast 120
Articuno 120-Freezing Wind 100 (2x)
Articuno 120-Tri Edge 20
Bibarel ************ 80+ (Do have bidoof)
Blazikan 140-Flamethrower (Have both pre-forms)
Bouffalant 100-Gold Breaker 60+
Camerupt 130-Eruption (Do not have Numel)
Charizard Ex 180-Combustion Burst 150 (have 2x)
Chesnaut 160-Touchdown 90 (Have both pre-forms)
Conkledurr 140-80 Topdown (Have both pre-forms)
Delphox 140-50 Blazeball (have both pre-forms)
Dewgong 120-100 Aurabeam (Have Seal)
Druddigon 100-60 Clutch
Emboar 150-120 Fire blast (Have both forms)
Entei 120-20 combat blast
Excadrill 120-70 Match Claw (Have Drillbur)
Flareon Ex 120-50+ Blazeblast (2x)
Froslass 90 (Its ability to KO the other pokemon makes it a strong one in my book)
Gigalitch 140-40+ Rock Bullet (Have both pre-forms)
Glalie EX 170-50+ Instant Freeze
Gogoat 120-90 Horn Leach (Do not have Skiddo)
Graveler 100-80 Rollout (Do not have Geodude)
Greninja 130-50 (Have both forms)
Gyrados 130-100+ Thrash (Have Magicarp)
Gyrados 130-90+ Aqua Tail ("")
Hoopa Ex 130-Hyperspace Furry
Kangaskhan 120-100 Mega Punch
Lapras 120-80 Watersplash
Lapras 110-10+ Hydropump
Macargo 110-80 Heatblast
Moltres 120-80+ Flying Flare
Noivern 100-120 Airslash
Raichu 130-170 Grandbolt (Break)
Registeel 120-70 Forbidden iron hammer
Salamence 160-170 Steamblast (Dont have any pre-forms)
Samurott 140-80 Destructive Whirlpool (Have pre-forms)
Seismitoad 140-80 Drain Punch (Have pre-forms)
Serperior 140-70 Megadrain (Have pre-forms)
Shiftry 140-20+ Deranged Dance (Have pre-forms)
Snorlax 120-50+ Knockaway
Slyveon EX-170-100 Precious Ribbon (2x)
Tauros 110-30+ Seething Anger
Through 100-80 Storm Throw
Torkoal 100-80 Flamethrower
Tropius 110-80 Solarbeam
Unfezant 140-120 Sky Attack
Walrein 150-70+ Frozensplash
Zapdos 120-120 Raging Thunder

Edit: 

a FWIW, i just bought 2 new boxes, got 

Charizard 160-130 Combustion Blast

Darkrai 110-80 Abyssal Sleep

Gengar 130 (dont have Gastly)

got a Geodude for my Graveler

Golurk 130-80+ superpower

another Gyrados with Aquatail

Mantine 100 Dwindling Wave

Mewtwo 120 Zenblade 100

Mewtwo Ex 170 Psyburn 120

Another Raichbu blast and Registeel

Tangrowth 130 Flog 110+

Yveltal 130 Darkness Blade 100

I left a few off because they were probably ones i wont use, i feel like my strength is in normal and water types, though i've always been a bigger fan of fire types. Again im sorry if this isn't allowed, but i do need help building a deck or 2 or 3.

if anyone wants to look through my binder its the same on here, Kovubrute1. 

Of course it's allowed!  That's why we're here. :) 

The biggest possibility I see is with the Greninja.  Try to get four of the BREAKpoint version and an octillery or two, and I'm sure some people here have good decklists for that.

a FWIW, i just bought 2 new boxes, got 

Charizard 160-130 Combustion Blast

Darkrai 110-80 Abyssal Sleep

Gengar 130 (dont have Gastly)

got a Geodude for my Graveler

Golurk 130-80+ superpower

another Gyrados with Aquatail

Mantine 100 Dwindling Wave

Mewtwo 120 Zenblade 100

Mewtwo Ex 170 Psyburn 120

Another Raichbu blast and Registeel

Tangrowth 130 Flog 110+

Yveltal 130 Darkness Blade 100

(blows Chasista whistle)

Me?

LOL

Not as good. Just can give some general tips about how to be a bit nearer to meta. Anyone with a 6 months playing (and probably less) can do it.

And as I see it's the theme of the initial post, here it goes some general advice:

Pokémon TCG(O) it's not an easy game for kids actually. There's a lot to know. First of all... some decks work, others don't. It's just that way. Not all the pokémon for being strong are good. And even 90hp little pokémon with 40 points attack can be powerful for an ability or an effect of the attack.

You should choose a deck and build it. Throwing together a bunch of nice/strong pokémon or making a list with what you already own and going play don't use to work. You need to get the right chosen pokémon and some copies of everyone.

If you need anything to make your deck works, add enough. If you need a Max Elixir, a Spirit link, a Stadium or a pokémon, don't add just one, if prized you're lost.

Any tier 1 deck use to have 8-16 pokémon, 28-36 trainers, 7-14 energies (and sometimes only 4!). Trainers are the core of a deck, what makes it work fast and strong. The 20-20-20 ratio that comes with the Theme decks are just bad for competitive decks.

Only 2 types (3 if you have colourless attacks/pokémon added) use to be used. It's hard to manage more than that and also would require more space for energies, loosing space for another important things.

Your main attacker quantity/line must be consistent. Add 3 or 4 of them or a powerful line 3-3, 4-4, 4-3 sometimes... if Stage 2 /Break would be 3-3-3, 4-4-4, 4-4-3, but always consider the Rare candies, your goal is the higher stage so jumping over the middle ones use to be good and you can go for 3-1-3, 4-2-4 with one or two rare candies. Pyramid lines (3-2-1, 4-2-1, 4-3-2...) are bad because lack of consistency.

Use the right amount of "Support pokémon", the ones that makes your attacker better for the deck to run. That means not 1-1 lines (if prized...) but neither 3-3-3 (too much space) The 2-2 or 2-1-2 use to be enough. Also, when you have more than one evolution line it's difficult to set up everything and also do it fast. Use to be hard and slow to play so maybe you may choose which line of supporting pokémon is better.

Remember the stadiums.They help yourself while counter the opponent's. Having 4 stadiums use to make you win the territory battle but, what if not space enough? I would recommend at least 3 but if no space or more important things are needed, try to play 2. Also the Spirit links are compulsory if you if you run Megas. You can't afford loosing a turn just evolving in the competitive fast game.

Pokémon drawing engines (those are support pokémon) are perfect if item locked (that awesome rotated Trevenant or now Vileplume) and gives you a lot of speed and consistency if not. There are two big choices, first, the expensive Shaymin EX (when you play it you can draw up to having 6 cards in hand). The second one is Remoraid-Octillery (draws up to having 5 cards in your hand). Octillery it's perfect for non EX decks and don't need to be water decks and in addition can be searched win Dive balls directly. It's just used as drawing support, not for attacking (Caution, Float stone/Switch is recommended for if Lysandred).

The Theme decks help you! Theme decks are good to make grow your collection and also to get some important cards for building custom decks. Some of them are great to to focus on building certain decks (like Greninja BREAK deck from Wave Slasher for example) because you can get a lot of trainers and support pokémon from there. Also stadiums and some interesting pokémon as Lugia, Xerneas, Froakie-Frogadier... 500 coins in the shop it's a good business. Take a look at what they contain before to obtain it to go for what you need. For other cards like powerful EX and BREAK you will need to go to Trades in game and change for the exactly cards you look for, with other cards or what it's easier, for packs.

The trainers are the engine of the deck. What make it move. That's why it's the high number of cards.

Basically, the staple trainers for any deck are:

3-4 Sycamore > Nothing is more powerful than a 7 cards new hand. If budget, play Birch or Shauna.

3-4 N > 6 cards at the beginning, disrupting if you loosing or you know what your opponent will play because he/she have it in hand from the previous turn. Save you from decking out in late game.

4 Ultra Ball > Look for any pokémon

Level ball > Direct look for any up to 90HP pokémon, sometimes 1 or 2 for support pokémon

4 Vs Seeker > Choose a Supporter from your discard and put it in your hand. If you have Battle Compressor they are a great combo.

2 Lysandre > Aim to any benched pokémon and put in as active

There are a lot more like Skyla which is quite useful (sometimes one is played to look for items/stadiums), Dive balls for Water decks (look for any water pokémon), Trainers' mail (look at the 1st four card of your pile and choose a Trainer card)... and others like Max potion, Bursting balloon, Fighting Fury Belt, Float stone, Max elixir, that will depend on the deck. Pokémon Ranger had become quite useful with the last rotation and one use to be added to any deck. Don't forget Hex Maniac, with the supremacy of Garbodor, use to be also a must.

Energies are the least. 8-14 as much in general. If all the previous staple supporters are there, you should be able to get one energy per turn and also, to get almost any needed card (pokémon, stadium, item...) in the desired moment.

Hope anything from this brainstorm it's useful a bit. Don't hesitate to ask whatever.

Archived