Mewtwo-EX damage swap with Magearna-EX effect

swillyum

This is working as it should.  There are numerous posts on the forums asking about Damage Change that will tell you the same thing.

Also, the patch for Magearna is being applied today.

Indeed. Moving or placing damage counters is always considered an "effect" of an attack rather than regular damage. Doing so doesn't trigger things like Lucky Helmet for the same reason.

By why was the Mewtwo-EX left with 0 counters? He should have kept his 14 counters, or at least swapped to my 4 counters. How zero counters?

The logic behind this is that Damage Change is an effect that affects both pokemon. Since effects are only blocked on one side, only one of the two effects takes place while the other pokemo is simply unaffected.

So, nothing stops mewtwo from throwing over all of his damage counters but he's unable to put them on the opposing pokemon nor take its damage counters and place them on itself.

The logic behind this is that Damage Change is an effect that affects both pokemon. Since effects are only blocked on one side, only one of the two effects takes place while the other pokemo is simply unaffected.

So, nothing stops mewtwo from throwing over all of his damage counters but he's unable to put them on the opposing pokemon nor take its damage counters and place them on itself.

good explanation, thank you

This is working as it should.  There are numerous posts on the forums asking about Damage Change that will tell you the same thing.

Also, the patch for Magearna is being applied today.

Agreed

Many players never encounter this. That why they think is bug.

As stated, It is working as intended.

There is no bug at anyway.

No Further explanation is needed as it is stated on the card.

The Damage Swap is working as intended ...Swaps the damage counter a pokemon that is immune to attack effects.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let you guys know, you all are very wrong.  It really upsets me that I try to report a bug to the developers and get people online pretending they know what they're talking about, meanwhile I have to wait for the developers to find the bug as well.  

From the developers:  

"Magearna-EX (STS #75, #110): While the protection effect of the Mystic Heart Ability is present on Mewtwo-EX (BKT #62, #158) the Damage Change attack will fizzle for no effect."

Especially someone who claims to have been playing since the beta, what a joke, these card interactions are basic for a  card game.  It really seems nobody on TCGO actually understands the card rules in pokemon TCG.   Whatever, good luck with that.  

Especially someone who claims to have been playing since the beta, what a joke, these card interactions are basic for a  card game.  It really seems nobody on TCGO actually understands the card rules in pokemon TCG.   Whatever, good luck with that.  

I was going to post a lengthy retort...  But I can't do it.  It's too easy; you've taken the fun out of direct counter.  I hope somebody will straighten you out, but it's not going to be me.  Your post was just too painful.

Just to let you guys know, you all are very wrong. It really upsets me that I try to report a bug to the developers and get people online pretending they know what they're talking about, meanwhile I have to wait for the developers to find the bug as well.

From the developers:

"Magearna-EX (STS #75, #110): While the protection effect of the Mystic Heart Ability is present on Mewtwo-EX (BKT #62, #158) the Damage Change attack will fizzle for no effect."

Your original post was about being attacked by Damage Change while protected by Mystic Heart. There's is an official ruling on this interaction in the official compendium (pokegym dot net) that I can't link to b/c of forum rules.

That excerpt from the known bugs list is referring to the case where the attacking pokemon is protected by Mystic Heart and has no relevance to your original post.

Archived