Question on rule with Regice

Countdown379

So I was watching a video and Regice hit a pokemon EX with its resistance blizzard attack for 70 damage and as part of the attack was immune from any effects or damage from EX pokemon the next turn. Well to get around this, his opponent used an escape rope to force a switch and then used Lysandre to bring it back out and then knocked it out with an EX. Why did bringing it to the bench and back negate the original effect of Regice's attack? Based on the wording it shouldn't matter if it's on the bench or active or goes back and forth.

I could be remembering wrong as this was a while ago, but once I think someone used Serperior's slashing strike attack against me and that reads "this pokemon can't use slashing strike on the next turn". But he got around this by retreating it and then switching it back to active (using a trainer) and then used slashing strike again.

So does bringing a pokemon to the bench negate the effects of the attack or something?

Pretty much every single temporary effect gets removed once the pokemon in question leaves the active position. So, when regi gets sent to the bench, it loses its EX protection.

Thanks for the explanations. I was not thinking of it as the same thing as being confused or poisoned or paralyzed, but it makes sense now. Can't believe I've played this many games without realizing this.

Archived