Sign in to follow this  
MillerAlert

POkemon TCG on PC (Win 10) won't let me login

MillerAlert

Hey guys, 

Trying to login on my PC to redeem my codes, but whenever I try the game says the servers are closed for maintenance, but I can login on my iPad. And I cant find any details of scheduled maintenance. 

TPCi_Samhayne
Hi MillerAlert:

The Pokémon TCG Online is up and available with thousands of players connected and playing.

Typically, seeing an error "Unable to connect" would mean that the game can't talk to the game server and/or one of the necessary network ports on your internet connection are not open for communication.  You can read more about the needed ports at http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1306 

Are you playing on a managed network like a University, Hotel or the like?  Sometimes such connections have all ports shut out of a desire to limit such activity (like gaming) over them.  Or, a firewall might be blocking traffic?

Oftentimes your best troubleshooting is to play on a different connection.  For example, when I have trouble connecting to a game at home, I'll fire up my phone's internet hotspot and connect to the internet through that.  If that works, then my next step is to call my ISP and see what's up.  

I hope that helps.

Sign in to follow this