Darkrai/Giratina/X?

DarkShaderz

Hello everyone.

​I am currently building a Darkrai/Giratina deck but Idk what else should I include?
Right now I am running something like

​2x Darkrai

​1x Giratina(need 1)

2x Hydreigon
​1-1 Garbodor line

Of course I'd like to get my hand on 1 more giratina and a Hoopa-ex, maybe cutting 1 Hydreigon. Should I add more pokemon? Then which one? I'd like to make it Standard Legal, eventually though I am still missing some key card.

​I am also currently running a Dodrio 1-1 line for the ''Reduce by 2 retreat cost'' abillity Dodrio provides (I do not own Float Stone yet this is why) I know this is not ideal but its a filler that helps in some cases.

Darkrai/Giratina is going down a bit in between the top tier decks. I still love it but mine was not Garbodor's version. Now it's compulsory to add it but then Hydreigon EX loses its reason to be there so the Garbo versions doesn't run it or go for just 1.

Of course you need a 2-2 line of Garbodor for consistency and get some Float stones as it's what you're going to use to attach to it and you can use it for Hoopa EX and the others too.

The deck use to be played with 2 Shaymin EX. Other staple cards for the deck are the Max elixir and FFBelts. Add a staple line of trainers (4 Sycamore, 2-4 N, 4 Vs Seeker, 4 UB, 1-2 Lysandre 3-4 stadiums) with 8-10 dark energies+4 DDEs and you have almost the full deck done.

The stadium use to be Parallel city now that with Reverse Valley you do "nothing" with Scizor EX in the Meta. Anyway it's a choice. Trainers' mail it's useful to the deck and Super rod comes handy now that without Marchers, the versions with Yveltal are not played anymore.

Talking about Yveltal, another version of the deck can be DarkraiEX/Garbodor/Yveltal EX (missing Giratina). Not hitting as hard, running DCEs (not DDEs) but Giratina EX was perfect to destroy N. March decks and now Pokémon Ranger it's out there so the Giratina lost a bit of its incredible contribution to the deck. Sadly, the fact that Mega Scizor EX it's out there made the deck lost some power.

It's nice you're running another cards to replace what you miss The Dodrio it's not ideal at the end of course but for now it's a smart move.

Along with my missing x3 Float stone im pretty much only missing 1 VS seeker, 1 Garbodor, 1 Hoopa-EX, 1 Giratina-EX and 2x FFB.

​Also why wouldn't you run DCE in Giratina/Garbodor version?

Along with my missing x3 Float stone im pretty much only missing 1 VS seeker, 1 Garbodor, 1 Hoopa-EX, 1 Giratina-EX and 2x FFB.

​Also why wouldn't you run DCE in Giratina/Garbodor version?

Dce doesn't count for extra damage for darkrai

Dce doesn't count for extra damage for darkrai

​Yeah but it let you ready Darkrai in 1 turn to attack in the case you have DDE on other Giratina/Hydreigon

Archived