#Needdecktipsplease

ZorgZeFrenchGuy

I am making a deck with fates collide delphox as a centerpiece, and whereas it's an okay deck, it's not good enough for the world championships, which is what i'm aiming for. I think the problem is with the side cards in the deck. I just can't figure out the best cards to use to assist delphox and make the deck flow like those championship decks do. Could anyone offer some tips as to the right combination of cards? Here are the current cards in the deck:

3x fennekin

3x braxien 

3x delphox

3x delphox break

2x lugia ex

1x venesuar ex

2x professor's letter

2x wally 

3x weakness policy 

1x fighting fury belt 

1x energy switch 

2x pokemon fan club 

2x pokemon center lady 

1x skyla

2x rare candy

1x energy recycler

1x professor birch's observations

1x chaos tower

2x potion

1x pokemon ranger

2x eco arm

2x great ball 

4x double colorless energies

13x fire energies 

5x grass energies

Thanks!

Wow, World Championships.

It's Delphox good enough to battle there? Lets guess it is as it can hit hard :D

How? Having A LOT of energy around, which it's a weak point, 20 per each "only". Also needs 3 energies to attack. With DCE's it's 2 turns just for Delphox and would hit for 60 which it's not a lot. Maybe not fast enough to compete against fast decks as you need 9 energies to 180 which it's EXs 1HKO.

of course you need to use cards and partners to accelerate the process. First of all Venusaur EX doesn't fit the deck and having only one it's not consistent, just having luck to pull it or not. It's an absolute cut (and you win 6 spots without grass energies either).

What will help me to have more energies on the field? Pokémon like Volcanion and Team Magma's Camerupt for example as the Break it's also good but hard to have in play (stage 3, it's a lot). Also trainer cards like Max Elixir (only to basics) or Mega turbo (only to Megas). Not the best for this exact deck but maybe you can use it in future ones. Flareon EX can move energies around and Volcanion EX can help too.

As for being "as good as the W. Ch. decks" you need good trainers. Tier one decks use to run:

4 Sycamore

2-4 N

1-2 Lysandre

4 Vs Seeker

4 Ultraball (and sometimes some Level ball)

Use the trick of gaining space with Rare candies, lowering the number of Stage 1 pokémon. 3-1-3-3 Delphox line, with 2 or 3 Rare candies.

Add 3-4 good stadiums like Scorched earth for fire and cut energies as to 14 or 15 as much (DCE's are in!). You'll need the space

Trainers like Fan Club and Center Lady are hard to see in play and if so, just 1. Others like Potion or Eco arm never were in a tier 1 deck. World Champs decks use to have around 12-16 pokémon, 32-36 trainers and 14 energies, because trainers are what make any deck move and work.

Get some cards, duplicate the deck and make some changes. If good go forward. If bad, you always can go back to the 1st version to start changes again.

Thanks for the tip, Chasista. The reason I had a venesuar-ex in the deck, though, was that i want a plant-type pokemon to combat any water-type decks. Does anyone else have anything to say?

well there is an alternative way to combat water weakness but not in a likely method either use Talonflame (Steam Siege) or Lugia-EX (ancient origins) who would fit the theme of your deck very well because he does more damage based on energy and is also Double Colorless Energy Compliant 

Sample List 

Pokemon - 16 

4-1-3-3 Line of Delphox Break 

3 x Shaymin EX 

2 x Lugia EX 

Trainers - 30

Trainer's Mail x 4 

Rare Candy x 3 

Ultra Ball x 4 

Super Rod x 1 

Special Charge x 1 

Brigette (Break through) x 1 

VS Seeker x 4 

Professor Sycamore x 4 

N x 2 

Scorched Earth x 4 

Delinquent x 1 

Lysandre x 2 

Energy - 14

4 x DCE 

10 X Fire Energy 

This is the most consistent list I can think of 

I included Delinquent for disruption of your opponent's hand. All the other cards are strictly for consistency and can be changed if necessary. Just remember there is no 100% perfect way to play a deck even the best decks in the world can have terrible games. 

This deck may not be the smoothest though because the best decks go for quick setups and in this case you are using a Stage 3 line that is very cumbersome to get into play. Try to focus on mainly getting to Delphox before worrying to much about the Break evolution and remember Super Rod is here to get pieces of your evolution chain back so if you are in a situation where you have to dump a break either with ultra ball or professor sycamore you can rest assured knowing that super rod can get it back. 

EDIT: 

If you don't have Shaymin-EX (I know it's expensive) you can always drop 1 delphox Break and add a 2-2 line of Octillery from breakthrough which would allow you to draw cards as well 

Yeah it's the one with Aero Ball I mean there are so many different ways you can play the deck this was just my suggestion always feel free to make tweaks and changes as you see fit. 

Been running a deck like this since i started my account. And I gotta say, you should really go with HexSlamBashs recommendations. His list is almost identical to mine and yeah forgo grass types and throw in Lugia EX AO. Personally, I have Shaymins so I don't have to go with Octillery. But this deck really doesn't need Shaymins either. So his slow but steady draw power should do just fine.

Also, if you can get your hands on them a 2-2 line of Team Magmas Camerupt - Numel does help a lot with energy acceleration.

maybe add in some more energy you never want to run out because if you do you lose because you cant attack

i personally run AT LEAST 30 in every one of my decks

protip: id recommend looking around for darkintegralgaming on search sites, itll give you a glimpse of how to run decks so you can make your own judgement calls in the future, iirc he did a delphox break deck as well

maybe add in some more energy you never want to run out because if you do you lose because you cant attack

i personally run AT LEAST 30 in every one of my decks

Of course everyone build the decks as want but I have to say that 30 it's way too much.

Most tier 1 decks (World Champs and so) run 8-14 as much, including the special energies that use to be 4 in there. There are decks with 4 energies only. And were in between the 8 better decks of the last Worlds.

The pre-constructed Theme decks run 20 and a lot of times you end with dead hands full of energies. It happens because they have lack of good trainers of course and you only can add one energy per turn. The plan in a deck shouldn't be to add one energy per turn and attack, but add sometimes 2 or more (and other times disrupt the opponent's).

What makes a deck work are the Trainers. Having 8 energies you still can move and search through the deck to get the one you need (and you can use) every turn, and use some other support pokémon or trainer card to add more if possible to use big attacks in the less possible turns.

On the other hand, what should be around 30 for sure (28-34) are the trainer cards. You should make a try :)

Chasista, on 22 Sept 2016 - 11:23 AM, said:

Of course everyone build the decks as want but I have to say that 30 it's way too much.

Most tier 1 decks (World Champs and so) run 8-14 as much, including the special energies that use to be 4 in there. There are decks with 4 energies only. And were in between the 8 better decks of the last Worlds.

The pre-constructed Theme decks run 20 and a lot of times you end with dead hands full of energies. It happens because they have lack of good trainers of course and you only can add one energy per turn. The plan in a deck shouldn't be to add one energy per turn and attack, but add sometimes 2 or more (and other times disrupt the opponent's).

What makes a deck work are the Trainers. Having 8 energies you still can move and search through the deck to get the one you need (and you can use) every turn, and use some other support pokémon or trainer card to add more if possible to use big attacks in the less possible turns.

On the other hand, what should be around 30 for sure (28-34) are the trainer cards. You should make a try :)

what the HAY are you talking about?

if its to much tell me how i won worlds with my great deck that in fact used 36 energies

nice troll tho dude :)

heres my list if you dont believe me

as you can see i use a plant type for the mirror match

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 4 Celebi PR-XY XY93

* 4 Magikarp PR-XY XY143

* 4 Gyarados PR-XY XY109

##Trainer Cards - 12

* 4 Champions Festival RSP 1

* 4 Energy Pouch *** 97

* 4 Energy Retrieval AOR 99

##Energy - 36

* 30 Water Energy HS 117

* 6 Grass Energy HS 115

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Typhlosion deck can be run with 40 energies tho. 

if its to much tell me how i won worlds with my great deck that in fact used 36 energies

so did I, I won worlds with keldeo-ex+ bidoof for swag + 58 energies last year, you should really try it out

well i thought you won worlds with Karp cause it cant be damaged and hits for 30 and its only a basic you should try out Karp then its very OP but the people dont see his power WhyYouLyin

Archived