Store: Special Buy

Iskoot

So I've been wondering if buying the special that they currently have is worth the 700 tokens? I'm specifically talking about the legacy Latios/Latias 3 Pack Set. Are the cards able to be used in any other type of deck, or only in unlimited decks? (Which I've come to assume can only be played between friends; no events or versus mode at all?)

Is this true? What are your thoughts?

They can be used to play in the Legacy tournaments. If you are like me and didn't come along until the XY series, you probably will not have a lot or any of these cards initially (although I have now traded for and won quite a few legacy packs now), so I think it has been worth it especially since I didn't have any from this series. However, your opinion may differ from mine.

I suggest buying it only once unless you feel extremely lucky cuz those two cards are absolutely horrible competitively. But you can get it for collection's sake and the CoL packs, if you're lucky, may contain those cool, expensive energy cards.

So yeah, if you want to buy it, buy only one.

I suggest buying it only once unless you feel extremely lucky cuz those two cards are absolutely horrible competitively. But you can get it for collection's sake and the CoL packs, if you're lucky, may contain those cool, expensive energy cards.

So yeah, if you want to buy it, buy only one.

Or smeargle ;)

So then these cards are able to be used in the Legacy format?

When you look at them in the shop, the image on the right side includes an icon that identifies the format they are valid for.

All three of the "featured" bundles have the red 3-ring icon, which means they should be usable in Expanded (and Legacy).

That doesn't mean they're going to be good there.

Thanks, I think it was more the wording on this one that confused me. Maybe the wording is the same for all the others, but this one said that it was used for Unlimited, which I thought could only be played with friends not via VS Ladder.

Archived