Reporting People

dolezalk

Just had a game with someone literally called me a b**** among other things, being unsportsmanlike.  They even said to report them because it does nothing, stating they had been reported many times with no reprocussions.  I took screenshots of everything he said, and it's quite foul even though I'm an adult myself.

There needs to actually be something that happens to people like this, because I enjoy chatting with others (don't want to disable chat).  Children and other users can face this, and really, for playing Pokemon since it came out, it's people like this that will greatly ruin the image of Pokémon.

-edit- and yes, I did report them using the in-game option, but I felt it is still an issue overall.

My bad, didn't know names shouldn't be given (and the ticket option is always having issues, so I can never contact support).

A few things- reporting does work.   Occasionally.  It's always worth a try.

- In about a week, the update is canning chat. :( It will solve harassment issues, but hurt the community...

-It's against the rules here to give names.  You can file a support ticket with the player name, but it's not supposed to be public.

Problem fix in next update... They remove the chat from Tournament and VS ladder...

No more talking in game ;)

Honestly, while banning chat in most areas "works", I still feel that something is "lost" with that as well.  I know I've had a majority of great chats with people, but the blanket decision makes it seem "lazy"?  "Lazy" isn't the word I want, but I can't think of the word that fits better.

Honestly, while banning chat in most areas "works", I still feel that something is "lost" with that as well.  I know I've had a majority of great chats with people, but the blanket decision makes it seem "lazy"?  "Lazy" isn't the word I want, but I can't think of the word that fits better.

I hate people like that, I take initiative to have integrity because I care about the game. Making sure I post glhf everytime I can.

I run into someone like that from time to time as well about every so often i ran into one like you mentioned  but as people have mentioned as well chat is going away which kinda sucks i ran into cool chill people more often then really bad ones

There needs to actually be something that happens to people like this

Rest assured knowing that the chat is very much moderated, and what you described is a clear violation of the PTCGO rules.

And talking about rules,...

Discipline Is Private: A community member who ******** the code of conduct may be subject to disciplinary action. This is considered a private matter between that community member and the moderators. The forums are not an appropriate place to contest, refute, or discuss disciplinary actions.

Because the forums is not an appropriate place to discuss disciplinary actions, this thread is now closed. I welcome you to submit a support ticket if you wish to make a suggestion on this subject, by clicking on the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

This thread is now closed.

Archived