Is there a way to redeem codes online and not in the game?

MaxyCaruso

on the card codes is written that i can redeem the code on the official pokemon site. 

But in the site I can't find anything and i must insert codes only in the "redeem codes" section of the game. There are no way then?

Nope.  Only through the TCGO itself.  But really, where else would you want to redeem them? I mean, the packs themselves go to the TCGO, so if you don't have access to it at the moment, you won't get the benefit anyway.

When the game started, before the official client (I think still was beta but not sure), the way to redeem codes was through the website.

Then with forward updates they changed all the system of redeeming to the client itself. Probably they didn't even thought about changing the text on the card codes (or they didn't found it necessary)

Because of the handicap with the iPad devices, they are working to restore a based-on-web redeeming place in addition with the in-game place. But there's not exact date for that yet so right now, you can redeem it only in-game.

Nope.  Only through the TCGO itself.  But really, where else would you want to redeem them? I mean, the packs themselves go to the TCGO, so if you don't have access to it at the moment, you won't get the benefit anyway.

I started here with 70 codes, and an android device not capable of running the app, which meant entering them through the Windows version. I don't have a webcam.

I wanted to use the QR codes through my phone on the website to redeem them instead, but of course that can't be done.

Finally I found an app for my phone, with a companion app on the PC, that allows the phone to act as a remote webcam through my home network. I had to use this to get around the lack of website redemption.

I must say though, other than the 10-code limit, the QR reader does work pretty well. Except that it's currently dropping letters just like the "NEW!" icons on cards are. (They register, it just doesn't show them.)

When the game started, before the official client (I think still was beta but not sure), the way to redeem codes was through the website.

Then with forward updates they changed all the system of redeeming to the client itself. Probably they didn't even thought about changing the text on the card codes (or they didn't found it necessary)

Because of the handicap with the iPad devices, they are working to restore a based-on-web redeeming place in addition with the in-game place. But there's not exact date for that yet so right now, you can redeem it only in-game.

Nice to se another beta tester!

Back then this game was an browser game build on Adobe Flash player. I was also Beta tester :)

If you want to play like the old days, joint the Beta Battle turnement where only cards from the Beta is allowed.

They work on a Web solution, but the work on Pokemon Go delay the work on the Web reedem.

Archived