Any Booster expert can help me here?

infinity_master

Hi!

From the booster I still haven't opened, I currently have: Call of Legends x6, HS Undaunted x7, HS Truimphant x3.

So what should I do? Should I open them or should I put them for trade? If I open them, would I get good cards or these packs normally don't give you good cards and it is better to trade with them??! I'm still new to Pokemon TCG and I would be really grateful if someone could help me here. Thanks!

You should trade them for Cards you need. Or you know you're superlucky and put out some cool stuff.

But before you trade you should know a deck you want to make ...

Here are some avg.prices for wellused cards :

Magnezone/Yanmega/Donphan -> 8 Booster

Catcher -> 4 Booster

RareCandy,Pachirisu,Shaymin -> 3 Booster

Zekrom,Reshiram,Tornadus,DCE,Collector -> 2 Booster

Have a nice day :)

I think you should just open them. I got four primes the other day, 3 Typholsions and an Ampharous prime, all out of fewer boosters than you have now. If you really, really, and I mean really want or need something in particular, than trade some packs. It's all about what you want, but even if you don't get want you want or need, you'll still get a wealth of trade bait for that. Also it is more than possible to open a prime and a holo rare in the same pack. Perhaps I'm just insanely lucky, but I'm consistently pulling valuable cards.

Here's how I handle packs after two days on the boards.

Opening and trading packs all comes down to what packs you have. Probably the best set to open for good cards is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, as that set almost always gets you a good card ranging from primes (Donphan, Typholsion, Feraligtr) to good rares (Cleffa, Tyrogue, Jumpluff, Double Colorless Energy) and supporters (Prof. Oak's New Theory, Pokemon Communication, Pokemon Collector). That way, your pack isn't a complete waste (better odds of getting good rares in HGSS). From there, you can either trade those cards for more packs/cards or keep them.

If a set has a less then spectacular list, you might be better off trading the packs for single cards. The major set that's guilty of this is Call Of Legends, which only has a few select good cards (Pachirisu, Cleffa, Lost World). If you're worried about pulling junk from packs, then trading those unopened packs might be the better choice (unless you have massive luck).

The main thing to look at is what cards you want for your collection and what packs they come in. From there, it's a judgement call on whether you want to take the risk of opening packs for a card or playing extra to ensure that you get what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

Here's how I handle packs after two days on the boards.

Opening and trading packs all comes down to what packs you have. Probably the best set to open for good cards is Heart Gold/Soul Silver, as that set almost always gets you a good card ranging from primes (Donphan, Typholsion, Feraligtr) to good rares (Cleffa, Tyrogue, Jumpluff, Double Colorless Energy) and supporters (Prof. Oak's New Theory, Pokemon Communication, Pokemon Collector). That way, your pack isn't a complete waste (better odds of getting good rares in HGSS). From there, you can either trade those cards for more packs/cards or keep them.

If a set has a less then spectacular list, you might be better off trading the packs for single cards. The major set that's guilty of this is Call Of Legends, which only has a few select good cards (Pachirisu, Cleffa, Lost World). If you're worried about pulling junk from packs, then trading those unopened packs might be the better choice (unless you have massive luck).

The main thing to look at is what cards you want for your collection and what packs they come in. From there, it's a judgement call on whether you want to take the risk of opening packs for a card or playing extra to ensure that you get what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

I have to agree with the COL comments. I think it's a crap set. Most usefull cards can be either found in other packs, or easily traded for publicly. It's a collectors set more than anything. HGSS are definitely the best for playable cards, I also favor Triumphants.

As HGSS is a 'safe' pack

Triumpahnt is a 'gamble' pack ^_^ Because you could win big in it by pulling yanmega/magnzone it also has good primes like mew, machamp, gengar.

Hi all !!!

I really really appreciate your tips and advices!!! Thank you so much!!! :D

By the way (da ice ninja), thanks for the offer. However, I'm not really in a rush here, I'll take my time deciding weather to open those packs (or at least some of them) or to trade them. I let you know if I get interested in your tornadus one day. :D :P

Hi all !!!

I really really appreciate your tips and advices!!! Thank you so much!!! :D

By the way (da ice ninja), thanks for the offer. However, I'm not really in a rush here, I'll take my time deciding weather to open those packs (or at least some of them) or to trade them. I let you know if I get interested in your tornadus one day. :D :P

Hey man try this out if your curious what comes in which packs look up the booster on bulbapedia they will give you a list of all the cards in it then you can decide if it hads cards you want or not

Hi Weezing26!

Thanks for the tip, I already use (Serebii website) to know what each booster pack might contain, still I really wanted to know what cards are mostly wanted and/or what booster packs are popular to have good odds when you open them.

Archived