Magearna-EX Mystic Heart

Goatmanji

It has only come up once, so I have not yet been able to recreate this bug.

Playing my steel deck, I have Magearna-EX on my bench and Doublade active. Opponent is also playing steel (which is what I haven't been able to recreate), using Aegislash-EX (nothing on bench). There are no stadiums or special energy on the field at all.

I evolve my Doublade into Aegislash (shield version) and attack using my Aegislash's King's Shield. On my opponent's next turn, he swings with Aegislash-EX and kills my Aegislash, winning the game and knocking me out of the tournament. But according to King's Shield, my Aegislash shouldn't have taken any damage. The only thing I found that could have allowed it is my Magearna-EX's Mystic Heart.

MH is supposed to only work on my Pokemon that have steel energy but (i assume) it worked for the opponent's Aegislash-EX. That, according to the text on Magearna-EX, is not working as intended.

I've gotta say, a bug losing me a game like that in a ticket event is kinda depressing. I am not looking for anything to recompensate my loss, there's no guarantee I would have won. But I do want someone to look into it and see if that can be fixed or at minimum noted by devs.

There are known issues with Magearna's ability.  It seems to have blocked the affect of your own attack.

Similar story on my end, only that it involved Damage change Mewtwo-EX rather than Aegislash...

...And they said the bug was fixed:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/45485-2382-server-update-aug-24-2016/?do=findComment&comment=502977

^ Maybe that fix needs to be applied to client side too?

Wait a second...

That would require more downtime for maintenance...

^ In that case, although I already filed my ticket last night to Pokemon Customer Support, I guess september 21st(and Client version 2.39) couldn't come soon enough... :(

Issues regarding magearna:

effects of your own attacks won't work If opponent uses any of these types of energy:  metal energy, rainbow energy, prism energy, shield energy, blend energy (water, fighting, lightning, metal).

effects of these tools do not work when opponent uses any of the aforementioned energies: burst balloon, rocky helmet, rock guard, lucky helmet.

effects of Attacks of pokemon won't work when opponent has of the aforementioned energy attached to their pokémon.

This is a serious issue!!

Archived