I recently started playing. Could youguys tell me if this is a good deck pls? (Card names are in spanish)

Hogoishi

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75

* 1 Gardevoir AOR 54

* 1 Cresselia BKT 70

* 1 Elgyem BKT 73

* 1 Beheeyem BKT 74

* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52

* 2 Golett PLB 45

* 1 Golurk AOR 35

* 2 Ralts PLS 59

* 2 Ralts BKT 68

* 3 Kirlia LTR 124

* 2 Gallade PLS 61

* 1 Unown AOR 30

##Cartas de Entrenador - 22

* 2 Correo de Entrenadores ROS 92

* 2 Carta del Profesor XY 123

* 2 Ultraball DEX 102

* 1 Lysson ****** ***** DEX 96

* 1 Casco Suerte AOR 77

* 2 Evolrefresco XY 116

* 2 Chica del Centro Pokémon ******

* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

* 2 Beni ********* 2 Cinta Fuerte XY 121

* 2 Profesor Ciprés PHF 101

* 1 Buscapelea PHF 109

##Energía - 19

* 15 Energía Psíquica Energy 5

* 4 Doble Energía Incolora NXD 92

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Rayquaza-EX ROS 75

* 1 Gardevoir AOR 54

* 1 Cresselia BKT 70

* 1 Elgyem BKT 73

* 1 Beheeyem BKT 74

* 1 Espeon-EX BKP 52

* 2 Golett PLB 45

* 1 Golurk AOR 35

* 2 Ralts PLS 59

* 2 Ralts BKT 68

* 3 Kirlia LTR 124

* 2 Gallade PLS 61

* 1 Unown AOR 30

##Cartas de Entrenador - 22

* 2 Correo de Entrenadores ROS 92 (T mail)

* 2 Carta del Profesor XY 123 (P letter)

* 2 Ultraball DEX 102

* 1 Lysson (Lysandre)

* 2 eN DEX 96

* 1 Casco Suerte AOR 77

* 2 Evolrefresco XY 116

* 2 Chica del Centro Pokémon (Miss Joy :***

* 1 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

* 2 Beni PHF 107 (Tierno)

* 2 Cinta Fuerte XY 121

* 2 Profesor Ciprés PHF 101 (Sycamore)

* 1 Buscapelea PHF 109 (Vs seeker)

##Energía - 19

* 15 Energía Psíquica Energy 5

* 4 Doble Energía Incolora NXD 92

Hi and welcome. To start you should try to edit the list to make it easier to see (just some Intro and done like I quoted).

In general terms, it's not a good deck. Starting the game, the problem it's always to have in collection the cards to make a deck so we try to add copies of our strong EX all together without a main strategy. And you need a strategy.

Next problem use to be to know what works and what not to make a deck moving. the need of some staple trainers to make it faster and reliable:

3-4 Sycamore (Ciprés) > Nothing is more powerful than a 7 cards new hand. If budget, play Birch or Shauna.

2-4 N > 6 cards at the beginning, disrupting if you loosing or you know what your opponent will play because he/she have it in hand from the previous turn. Save you from decking out in late game.

4 Ultra Ball > Look for any pokémon

Level ball > Direct look for any up to 90HP pokémon, sometimes 1 or 2 for support pokémon

4 Vs Seeker (Buscapelea) > Choose a Supporter from your discard and put it in your hand. An absolute MUST in any deck.

1- 2 Lysandre (Lysson) > Aim to any benched pokémon to make it active.

On the other side, it's not the worst deck ever. Try to get 2 more Ciprés and get rid of Beni (it's a bad supporter). Get 3 more Buscapelea and make some space to add it.

You should focus on one main attacker and add 3 or 4 copies of it. Use to be an EX/Mega/Turbo or Stage 2 as they hit hard. The rest of pokémon should be there to set up the main attacker (add energies with abilities, heal, protect from damage or effects...). If you add 3 or 4 copies of a card will be easier to get it in the moment you need it. If you have a lot of single copies, you'll be in faith hands. What if your only Elgyem is prized? How will you use the Beheeyem? If you need something, add 2 or more.

I would try to complete the Gallade line in a 4-1-4 or 4-2-4 line with 2 or 3 Rare candies to make it consistent and faster (actually your goal it's Gallade so jump over the middle stage should be an advantage). If you like the Golurk or find it useful, go for 2-2, not 2-1.

The deck should work the same with as much 11 Psy basic energies and the 4 DCE (doble incolora) to win some spots for that Buscapeleas and other cards. 20/20/20 it's a bad proportion. The best decks of the world use to work with 8-14 pokémon, 28-36 trainers, 7-14 energies (and sometimes only 4!  )

Is there anything you miss when playing?

For your information there's also a Spanish forum (which it's almost dead unfortunately) here >> http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-espa%C3%B1ol

Hi and welcome. To start you should try to edit the list to make it easier to see (just some Intro and done like I quoted).

In general terms, it's not a good deck. Starting the game, the problem it's always to have in collection the cards to make a deck so we try to add copies of our strong EX all together without a main strategy. And you need a strategy.

Next problem use to be to know what works and what not to make a deck moving. the need of some staple trainers to make it faster and reliable:

3-4 Sycamore (Ciprés) > Nothing is more powerful than a 7 cards new hand. If budget, play Birch or Shauna.

2-4 N > 6 cards at the beginning, disrupting if you loosing or you know what your opponent will play because he/she have it in hand from the previous turn. Save you from decking out in late game.

4 Ultra Ball > Look for any pokémon

Level ball > Direct look for any up to 90HP pokémon, sometimes 1 or 2 for support pokémon (mainly pikachu in your case so having Kangaskhan and Fan club no need of balls)

4 Vs Seeker (Buscapelea) > Choose a Supporter from your discard and put it in your hand. An absolute MUST in any deck.

1- 2 Lysandre (Lysson) > Aim to any benched pokémon to make it active.

On the other side, it's not the worst deck ever. Try to get 2 more Ciprés and get rid of Beni (it's a bad supporter). Get 3 more Buscapelea and make some space to add it.

You should focus on one main attacker and add 3 or 4 copies of it. Use to be an EX/Mega/Turbo or Stage 2 as they hit hard. The rest of pokémon should be there to set up the main attacker (add energies with abilities, heal, protect from damage or effects...). If you add 3 or 4 copies of a card will be easier to get it in the moment you need it. If you have a lot of single copies, you'll be in faith hands. What if your only Elgyem is prized? How will you use the Beheeyem? If you need something, add 2 or more.

I would try to complete the Gallade line in a 4-1-4 or 4-2-4 line with 2 or 3 Rare candies to make it consistent and faster (actually your goal it's Gallade so jump over the middle stage should be an advantage). If you like the Golurk or find it useful, go for 2-2, not 2-1.

The deck should work the same with as much 11 Psy basic energies and the 4 DCE (doble incolora) to win some spots for that Buscapeleas and other cards. 20/20/20 it's a bad proportion. The best decks of the world use to work with 8-14 pokémon, 28-36 trainers, 7-14 energies (and sometimes only 4!  )

Is there anything you miss when playing?

For your information there's also a Spanish forum (which it's almost dead unfortunately) here >> http://forums.pokemontcg.com/forum/2-espa%C3%B1ol

Thank you so much for the advise!

I would like to improve my deck with the cards that you've said, but i don't have them. Any advise on how could I get them easily?

Public trades.

Packs are the easiest way  to get some stuff but for trainers, I use to trade one for another one. Uncommon for uncommon card sometimes works. Lets say one P. Ciprés for one Caramelo raro. But you'll never get one Ciprés if you giving a Beni. They are not at the same level of importance inside the decks. So in this case you can probably offer one Beni+stadium for example. I don't care to offer 2 or 3 trainers to get one most of the times.

Most trainer cards can be gotten 3 or 4 of them for one pack. 3 or 4 Ciprés or Lysson or N or Ultraball are easy to get. The harder will be the Buscapeleas as some people asks for a pack for each one. Maybe offering 3 rare pokémon, holo ones, something like that.

Also worked for me sometimes to offer 6-9 common pokémon for one trainer (and if 15 needed why not, at the end you'll finish with a lot of more than 4 copies of unplayable common cards in your collection for sure).  It's a matter of just be patient and have a bit of luck sometimes. Start offering a pair of cards for one trainer you want and if not accepted, go for 3, then 4... I prefer to do this than to waste the packs freely for so cheap cards.

Archived