Since yesterday evening, game will not load

PokemonGoTrust

I get to login screen then try and log on and I get to about 98% then the program shuts off and I have to try and load it again...I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled...anyone have any feedback, what I can do to fix it or when the issue will be resolved? I love this game just wish i could play it!

Got the same problem here... Sometimes it stops at searching for refresher update. Sometimes it stops at search for client update, Most of the time it stops at 0% loading game assets. Sometimes i even get to the Login Screen. Hallelujah!!! But when i try to log in it says the servers are offline. Even though friends of mine are playing at the same time.

I get messages saying i should check my Internet connection. but its stable. Its the same way it was, when the game still worked...i have already tried everything you can find on the internet to resolve this.

It's been a few days now. And you cant find any hint that they are working on it here at the Forums.... and this whole writing to support via ticket doesnt work as well.

Hello Gents,

The Pokémon TCG Online is up and available with thousands of players connected and playing.

For issues leading to making it to 98% but then crashing, those are typically corrupted files on your local install.  More on that in this support article: http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=2241 Make sure you go through all the steps to remove the additional files that un-installing won't get.

Also, make sure you have available space.  The game can take up to ~7GB of space for all card images cache for 1 language (multiples of that if you have multiple language installs).  If you are low or out of space, things get really weird.

Seeing an error where the game is down for maintenance (when it isn't, you can check uptime on our website at http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/) would mean that the game can't talk to the game server and/or one of the necessary network ports on your internet connection are not open for communication.  You can read more about the needed ports at http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=1306 

Are you playing on a managed network like a University, Hotel or the like?  Sometimes such connections have all ports shut out of a desire to limit such activity (like gaming) over them.

Oftentimes your best troubleshooting is to play on a different connection.  For example, when I have trouble connecting to a game at home, I'll fire up my phone's internet hotspot and connect to the internet through that.  If that works, then my next step is to call my ISP and see what's up.  

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the answer.

I re-installed the game a few times this way.

I am at home and using the same network as my family members. I tried downloading the game on my brothers PC.

Its working just fine.

I didnt install anything new on my PC, so i dont know why it suddenly stopped working.

Now it worked for about 2 or 3 days. For whatever reason. Guess they fixed it?

And boom, today its not working again. Support doesnt seem to even notice the ticket i wrote :)

Archived