Hey Just a girl getting into *******!

EvansHeavens

hello my name is alyssa aka EvansHeavens and i was wondering if people had any spare cards to give out?? im not asking for shaymin exs or anything just some old or spare cards so i can get my start! im 18 years of age and i am also looking for any help when it comes to deckbuilding and any comments would be nice ;)

PTCGO Name: EvansHeavens_

yes with an underscore!! comment or send a trade there and ill give you a shoutout or whatever you want thank you sm! ;)

There's some good videos online that detail how to build a deck. I think it's easiest to start with a theme deck and start swapping some cards out for better ones you have, replacing useless filler Pokemon with energy and trainer cards, etc. Another method is to start with 20 Pokemon, 20 energy cards and 20 trainer cards, then again swap some cards around as you see fit. You can then play test it a few times online, to help you figure out what combinations are good and what ones need more work. It's also advised to focus on just one or two energy types. I hope this helps :)

Also be careful with posting your full name online. You can edit your post and remove that part if you like. I'd advise it

thank you for the kind words and advice, im fairly new to all of this

I will have a look later on to see if I have anything spare you can have! I'm also new to this so helping a fellow newbie is what it's about! If you want to add me drop me a pm for my in game name

I will have a look later on to see if I have anything spare you can have! I'm also new to this so helping a fellow newbie is what it's about! If you want to add me drop me a pm for my in game name

add me!!

18 and female, winky smileys, wants free cards...sounds legit.  Wait, why was it important to tell everyone your gender again?

lol i got the same throught.

18 and female, winky smileys, wants free cards...sounds legit.  Wait, why was it important to tell everyone your gender again?

If people want to give her free cards simply because of her age and/or gender then that's their prerogative. She's new to the site and the TCG so it was probably her way of introducing herself. It's fine if you believe otherwise, but your comment isn't at all constructive.

There's a saying: "Don't ask, don't get". Some people like to chance their arm to see if anyone is willing to give them freebies and that's fine, because people can choose whether they want to or not. No one is being scammed. I understand that it's your opinion, I just think good advice goes a long way, much more than accusations do.

If people want to give her free cards simply because of her age and/or gender then that's their prerogative. She's new to the site and the TCG so it was probably her way of introducing herself. It's fine if you believe otherwise, but your comment isn't at all constructive.

There's a saying: "Don't ask, don't get". Some people like to chance their arm to see if anyone is willing to give them freebies and that's fine, because people can choose whether they want to or not. No one is being scammed. I understand that it's your opinion, I just think good advice goes a long way, much more than accusations do.

Scammed? Lmao. You're quite reactive aren't you? Do we have a feminist in our midst?

tbh, this whole conflict in the comments is useless, I've seen a lot of girls introduce themselves on the internet this way, it's pretty much connected to someone's personality, and as much as one can say it's weird to find a gamer who is a girl writing like this on some online game forums, one can simply say she isn't really a gamer. but simply new to the whole gaming world and that's what looks like from what she stated in her post. so i don't get what's the big deal here, a lot of people asked for help in the last couple of weeks and most of them got help, it's not like she stating her gender made any difference and if it did, it's your problem, and if that somehow annoys you may just leave the post and interact with the other posts on the forums.

tbh, this whole conflict in the comments is useless, I've seen a lot of girls introduce themselves on the internet this way, it's pretty much connected to someone's personality, and as much as one can say it's weird to find a gamer who is a girl writing like this on some online game forums, one can simply say she isn't really a gamer. but simply new to the whole gaming world and that's what looks like from what she stated in her post. so i don't get what's the big deal here, a lot of people asked for help in the last couple of weeks and most of them got help, it's not like she stating her gender made any difference and if it did, it's your problem, and if that somehow annoys you may just leave the post and interact with the other posts on the forums.

couldn't have said it any better

i think some people think that people might pose as different genders for their own personal gain. it wouldnt surprise me if some people did pose as a different gender for their own personal gain.

I wouldn't call it begging or leveraging on gender if I were you Wrth. You don't want the feminist activist to chomp down on you like a mega garchomp do you?

But seriously though, I'm hoping with the new freebies coming in on 21st September, we'll see less of these "I'm a noob, please help me" ********

Scammed? Lmao. You're quite reactive aren't you? Do we have a feminist in our midst?

I think you've missed my point. For all I know, she could very well be a guy, simply saying she's a girl because that might encourage guys to give her freebies. What I'm saying is, if that's the case, it's anyone's choice to donate free cards to anyone, whatever their reasons are. I don't like seeing new players especially being accused when they're just trying to get a good start in the game. It can be really discouraging when their first posts in the forum are criticised like that.

Completely agree with you! If people don't like how she's asking for freebies, they can simply just not give her any.

Completely agree with you! If people don't like how she's asking for freebies, they can simply just not give her any.

Or they can respond.  That's the beauty of the Internet.  Stop trying to silence people.

Add me, i cant help with cards (im not a charity) but  can help with deck building. i can also add u on discord and//or skype if u want.

add me on ptcgo!

sorry to bother you :/

Archived