Open packs: one by one or more packs together?

MaxyCaruso

I heard on a ******* video that when you unlock or buy a single pack you have to wait to open it because it's better to open more packs together..

Is this true? and why? (maybe best cards?)

Well, actually it's not.

Every single pack you open has its own randomly by computer-algorithm selected cards in that exact moment with the 100% chance to get every possible card, every time.

So what are the odds? There are the lowest SR in a set, the lower FAs and a low number of Rare holo, then the plane rares. So actually "the luck" it's a proportion. Theoretically you could get a SR in every pack but would be so strange because there are 1 to 3 SRs out of more than 20 Rare choices usually so it could be lets say 1 out of every 25 opened packs, but it's not a law, just maths (or a destiny whim).

So at the end, what you feel it's that you open one pack and you get a standard rare. And another day you open one pack and you get a holo rare. And another day you open a pack and you get an EX. So you feel opening packs one by one doesn't worth and the EX was just luck because most of the times you don't get it.

On the other side if you open 3 packs in a row and you get 1st a rare, 2nd a holo and 3rd the EX your brain feels that opening packs together it's better because you got a goo cards (but it's exactly the same).

I opened just one single (locked from daily log in) Ancient Origins pack yesterday and I got the Gold Primal Kyogre. One single pack, 1st pack.

At the end it's a bit of everyone's superstition. What I use to do it's open up to 3 packs. If something good in any of them, I stop, no matter if 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I know the odds to get another good thing in the next pack are "low" (based on maths) so I feel better keeping my EX pulled sensation than getting a non-worth card as last.

If I don't get nothing good on that 3 I do one of two. Or I stop, or I open another 3 packs from a different set. A lot of times I get something good from the 4th (and then I would stop). If I don't get nothing good in the second 3 packs I feel it's not the time to pull something good so just stop and go playing, trading or whatever.

So I think everyone can tell how they do it and what they feel it's better but there isn't actually a way to pull guaranteed good cards as the algorithm chooses randomly.

Well, actually it's not.

Every single pack you open has its own randomly by computer-algorithm selected cards in that exact moment with the 100% chance to get every possible card, every time.

So what are the odds? There are the lowest SR in a set, the lower FAs and a low number of Rare holo, then the plane rares. So actually "the luck" it's a proportion. Theoretically you could get a SR in every pack but would be so strange because there are 1 to 3 SRs out of more than 20 Rare choices usually so it could be lets say 1 out of every 25 opened packs, but it's not a law, just maths (or a destiny whim).

So at the end, what you feel it's that you open one pack and you get a standard rare. And another day you open one pack and you get a holo rare. And another day you open a pack and you get an EX. So you feel opening packs one by one doesn't worth and the EX was just luck because most of the times you don't get it.

On the other side if you open 3 packs in a row and you get 1st a rare, 2nd a holo and 3rd the EX your brain feels that opening packs together it's better because you got a goo cards (but it's exactly the same).

I opened just one single (locked from daily log in) Ancient Origins pack yesterday and I got the Gold Primal Kyogre. One single pack, 1st pack.

At the end it's a bit of everyone's superstition. What I use to do it's open up to 3 packs. If something good in any of them, I stop, no matter if 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I know the odds to get another good thing in the next pack are "low" (based on maths) so I feel better keeping my EX pulled sensation than getting a non-worth card as last.

If I don't get nothing good on that 3 I do one of two. Or I stop, or I open another 3 packs from a different set. A lot of times I get something good from the 4th (and then I would stop). If I don't get nothing good in the second 3 packs I feel it's not the time to pull something good so just stop and go playing, trading or whatever.

So I think everyone can tell how they do it and what they feel it's better but there isn't actually a way to pull guaranteed good cards as the algorithm chooses randomly.

Thanks! more comprehensive  :D  ;)

Bought a single pack of Roaring Skies with Tokens and opened it immediately. Got a RA Shaymin EX. Just to add some perspective.

...of how lucky you are?? :P

Pack contents are randomly generated through the RNG algorithm and added to your collection as soon as you click "Open Pack" or "Open Another" - the factors that affect the RNG are currently unknown and could be literally almost anything (moon cycle, game time, # of packs opened by all players that day, etc..).

• 2 weeks later...

If there's not an EX in there wait 17 seconds and open another one. When you do have an EX it's either 8.5 second or 21.5 seconds for another EX. You have to guess here though! 

It's all about infuencing the RNG you know! 

Good luck!

if the pack is tradable trade it don't open it.

if you want to buy something with tokens, buy special edition (with multiple pack) or a new standard deck (and grind it to 12 to get the pack)... you get more cards that way.

don't buy 200 tokens packs.

Bought a single pack of Roaring Skies with Tokens and opened it immediately. Got a RA Shaymin EX. Just to add some perspective.

I god a FA Shaymin from a tradelock chest shurt time after the released of the RS set. Back then the value of Shaymin EX was 7-10 packs :D

...of how lucky you are??  :P

Not lucky enough because it hasn't happened again... Yet!  :lol:

I god a FA Shaymin from a tradelock chest shurt time after the released of the RS set. Back then the value of Shaymin EX was 7-10 packs :D

Wow that's crazy for me to think about Shay being so cheap.  :o

Archived