DarkShaderz

PTCGO is a scam?

DarkShaderz

Hello, I recently tried to buy booster codes through PTCGO website that let you buy codes. Afer creating a paypall account as its the only way to buy those codes there, It ask me to connect and add either a Credit Card or Visa Debit Card, which I did even before it ask me, to the paypall account. When I was trying to buy it just told me the cards number are invalid. I tried to ask my bank but they told me everything should work just fine

​While trying again, I get to see that the ''Paypall'' they send us to, does not seem to be the actual PayPall. Paypall always have the option to pay your items through the money Depoisted onto your account from your bank account, This option is not there while trying to buy from PTCGO......

​Anyone can help me? They trying to scam? What is going on with their ''2nd'' Paypall website?

Rainbow-XN

I haven't heard that you can buy Booster codes through an official website. Are you sure it's the official one?

DarkShaderz

Well I asked around and everyone told me PTCGO is the website to buy codes from, Some people also said it was official. I just don't want to buy my packs at a higher price than those IRL (cause right now buying gems for a canadian and buying packs with those gems is worth about 5$ a pack while I can buy them 4$ each around here, or even less if im lucky)

This is also weird that they send us to a PayPall that does not allow us to pay with the Paypall option...

KarpGrinder

There is no official PTCGO website such as you describe.

The actual Paypal only has one "L" at the end of its name, contact your credit card company immediately and notify them of the fraud - hopefully you did not share your bank account number - if you did you should also contact your bank ASAP.

The best places to buy codes are through that "bay" auction site (starts with an "e" and chat filters edit it out) or other reputable sites that also sell physical cards and have a distribution center like Troll and Toad.

Edited by KarpGrinder

KarpGrinder

Follow up:

I just looked up that site and it seems legit - but I'd still be wary of giving them sensitive financial information.

Also; their prices are ridiculous, code cards should be much cheaper.

(I typically only buy at around $.20~$.35 USD)

Edited by KarpGrinder

DarkShaderz

Thanks alot for the imformation. Also please take note I use CA money which should differ the price (about $,40 to $,55 CA I believe)

​I will go check on that website.

shinygeodude

If you're Canadian, you also have the option of buying gems, which there is a link for right in the game. Then you can use the gems in the in-game shop to buy promo bundles and/or packs.

TheGuruCaveTC

If you're Canadian, you also have the option of buying gems, which there is a link for right in the game. Then you can use the gems in the in-game shop to buy promo bundles and/or packs.

I just don't want to buy my packs at a higher price than those IRL (cause right now buying gems for a canadian and buying packs with those gems is worth about 5$ a pack while I can buy them 4$ each around here, or even less if im lucky)

shinygeodude

Right, sorry, didn't see that. Should've read the whole thing. But if you want to you can still use gems for the promo bundles they offer each week in the shop. Sometimes some of their contents are hard or impossible to get otherwise. And sometimes people who don't live in Canada will give you a good trade for those promo-exclusive items.

Edited by shinygeodude

DarkShaderz

Well I have checked Amazon and ****, the lowest prize per codes I could get are Ancient Origins at .80$ CA each which is about the same price as on PTCGO but they requires a 15$ CA for the shipping.... The RS codes are about 4$ CA each on those website, which is pretty crazy, also requires shipping fee.... I havn't found any code at a lower price than PTCGO on both **** and amazon (check the first 5 page on both website). Seems PTCGO is really cheap, but you just can't pay... Its really sad that the games price (via gems) is so high, its just not worth putting money into the game (A shayim FA online is worth about 2,000$ CA via packs/gem....) If a mods see this, I'd suggest reducing the price as its not worth a single dime right now.

Edited by DarkShaderz

shinygeodude

I think the deal with those listings for codes that require a shipping charge (sometimes even if it says "messaged to you") is that the seller didn't bother clicking the "free shipping" check box when composing the listing, possibly doing so in bulk along with a bunch of others that actually do require shipping. If you live in the US, those listings probably do actually have free shipping. As long as the listing doesn't require immediate payment, you should be able to contact the seller and ask if they'd do an adjusted invoice before you pay, since you're only getting it by a message anyway.

Edited by shinygeodude

KarpGrinder

Well I have checked Amazon and ****, the lowest prize per codes I could get are Ancient Origins at .80$ CA each which is about the same price as on PTCGO but they requires a 15$ CA for the shipping.... The RS codes are about 4$ CA each on those website, which is pretty crazy, also requires shipping fee.... I havn't found any code at a lower price than PTCGO on both **** and amazon (check the first 5 page on both website). Seems PTCGO is really cheap, but you just can't pay... Its really sad that the games price (via gems) is so high, its just not worth putting money into the game (A shayim FA online is worth about 2,000$ CA via packs/gem....) If a mods see this, I'd suggest reducing the price as its not worth a single dime right now.

Prices are much lower if you buy in bulk - look for bundles of 50-100 codes, and check the description for delivery via email to save on shipping.

jcgss77

The site PTCGO and add the com to that, is legit, I have bought from them many times, some of the cards are reasonable, but most of their stuff is a complete ripoff.  The codes come instantly in the browser, and I have never had a problem with them.

There are other places, but they only mail cards to you.  They tend to be cheaper, if you don't mind waiting.

Edited by jcgss77

DarkShaderz

I don't mind waiting as it seems I will wait more than 24 hours for Paypal support to awnser me anyway... PTCGO support is actually worst I tried to contact them 12 hours before Paypal and yet no awnser at all...