Magearna-EX bug

spacyjaguar4114

I was playing a game today with mega scizor deck with a Magearna-EX in it. I was up against a Steelix deck. The steelix had a DCE and a few metal energy on it. after I used Iron Crusher, I selected to discard the DCE, however, it didn't discard. Magearna ability says that all your opponents effects of attacks are negated, not all effects of all pokemon. Unless I am reading the card very wrong, this is a bug that kinda needs to be fixed as it can potentially lose people games. 

I was playing a game today with mega scizor deck with a Magearna-EX in it. I was up against a Steelix deck. The steelix had a DCE and a few metal energy on it. after I used Iron Crusher, I selected to discard the DCE, however, it didn't discard. Magearna ability says that all your opponents effects of attacks are negated, not all effects of all pokemon. Unless I am reading the card very wrong, this is a bug that kinda needs to be fixed as it can potentially lose people games. 

This is a known bug.  There is a fix coming in the next update.

it also prevent pokemon to take damage from the ballon explosion (item)

yeah for some reason even lucky helmet draws cards from rocky helmet (i think all counterattack effects are wrongly programmed in as attacks right now)

This is a known bug.  There is a fix coming in the next update.

I hope it's fixed next update...

...because if it's not fixed at that point, then since members say that the ability was:

1. applied to all pokemon in play(or all pokemon on the player and opposing sides of the aisle), rather than just those on the side of the Magearna-EX card owner(s),

2. blocking self-inflicted effects, meaning effects applied to pokemon that have metal/rainbow energies attached to them will not go through,

3. treating attacks that involve both active pokemon, such as damage change, as separate attacks(meaning initiator attacks with an effect applied to the defender, and vice versa)when it shouldn't be treated that way. Imagine a Jirachi promo vs. a Mewtwo-EX using Damage change. According to the official rulings, if Stardust is in effect against a Mewtwo-EX w/ Damage Change, the process of Mewtwo-EX's Damage Change should have:

followed this: Mewtwo-EX damage counters before effect application -> Jirachi(moving to Jirachi: due to stardust, damage falls through jirachi, not on jirachi, and goes away) and Jirachi damage counters before effect application -> Mewtwo-EX(moving from jirachi, damage on jirachi should stay on jirachi), and...

...not this: Mewtwo-EX damage counters before effect application and attack-> Jirachi(blocked by stardust) and Jirachi damage counters before effect application and attack -> Mewtwo-EX(blocked by mystic heart by means of Mewtwo-EX's metal/rainbow/blendWLFM energy),

4. It also means opponents could attach Metal/Rainbow energies upon sight of Magearna-EX on the opposing side and use its ability as if it was a stadium card(when its not) to make the game a damage-only game...

^ ...and if you are wrong on your claim that it will be fixed next update, then I expect Magearna-EX to be given the "temporarily banned from online" stamp for its aforementioned reasons(meaning it's out of the online game, but not real life, until the bug is fixed)...

^ Now I'm waiting for client v. 2.39 to be complete, which I now expect to happen either on thursday, or, worst-case scenario, next Monday(September 26th), so I can see what bugs it fixed. If I get the "temporary ban issued"(?) popup on login, then I will know that magearna-ex's bug is not fixed on that release, and I might have to change my online deck due to that possible occurrence... :(

Archived