Black & White Noble Victories - Tournament Round 1

settlers25

Hey

I love the Legacy format and missing the Unlimited format. But i still missing the format there was under the Beta test of Pokemon Online. Back then this was a browser game, build on Adobe Flash player.

There was only the HGSS cards and a few Black & White set released, this is what i call "Beta formate" or Noble Victories Battle?

I am looking for players for a "Beta Battle" tournament.

- If there are 6 players each player will have 5 different opponents.

- A battle with a player is best of 3. You will have 3 battles, for each win you will get 1 point.

- Each battle will be best of 3. A player get 1 point for each win.

- Each player have up to 1 week to get the battle played. If all players get to finish of there battle in 1 day, we move on to the next round. :)

Why?
-  Best of 3?
We all know how irritating it can be to get a bad draw. This way each player get a fair chance of getting a good start...

- Why not using single elimination? Because you maybe having the best deck over all. But you starting facing the 1 deck you have trouble to beat. This way you get to play against all the players.(We want to find the best deck)

- Why so much time to get there battle played? There are people that can only play a few days a week. We play over multi time zones. There will be some players that need time.

Right now i am looking for players that want to battle with the cards only from this set:
- HeartGold & SoulSilver
- HS - Unleashed
- HS - Undaunted
- HS - Triumphant
- Call of Legends
- Black & White base set
- Dragon Vault

- Excadrill and Zoroark trainer's kits
- BW - Emerging Powers
- BW - Noble Victories

- HGSS Promo cards

- Black & White Promo cards 1-34

Use of reprint is allowed :)

It will be interesting to see what player can come up with the strongest deck. (I still have my old low cost beta deck)

With luck we can find some players that want to battle with the "Noble Victories Battle".
Player list:
- Settlers25 - OK - Time Zone Europa 
- SharKing319
- Adhir1995 - OK
- Amansepat
- jcgss77 - OK
- SuperStone - OK - Time Zone U.S. central.
- TreTorMud
- -------------

Round 1:

TreTorMud VS --------  (Player 1 vs Player 8)

Jcgss77 VS Settlers25 (Player 2 vs Player 7)

SuperStone VS Amansepat (Player 3 vs Player 6)

Adhir1995 VS SharKing319 (Player 5 vs Player 4)

Remember you have to play 3 battles, you get 1 point for each win.

Tournament schedule can be found in my signature  :)

That sounds great! Try build the best deck you can, then we battle.

It is ok to use a new edition of the same card example:
If you have a SR switch you can use that instead of the old edition.
(I think that the switch from HGSS is more beautiful the the new SR edition, but that is just me)

Tip:
Back in the "Beta formate", there was 3 basic pokemon with high HP of 130.
It was difficult to battle Reshiram/Zekrom vs  Reshiram/Zekrom because each have outrage as an attack.   

​There is only 3 basic pokemon in this formate that have 130 HP (witch is the max HP back then for a basic):
- Terrakion
- Zekrom
- Reshiram

What time will this be running?  I would love to join in, but it might not fit my schedule.  Outrage is my favorite attack, and I know it's strategy cold.  Ov.O matchups are among my best, really, and there will probably be a lot of them. :) 

I would like to join in this, I think I can put something together.  When is this starting, and how long is there to complete each round?  Is it single elimination, or double?

Sorry for the long response time i have been busy with other things...

If we are 6 players i was thinking about a 5 round tournament, where we all get to battle each one. Where we will find out what deck is the best in general. (See top post)

I was thinking about, that each player play best of 3, and for each win a player get 1 point. We all know how irritating it is to get a bad start/hand in first round in a tournament...

What do you guys say? Do you like the idear? 

How many days each player have to get settled each match? I was thinking 3-7 days? There are people that work each day and don't have time for playing everyday. 
When each round are finish we move on to the next round? Do you like that plan? 

I wish I had more HGSS and Early BLW cards in my collection, would of loved to play in the tournament with a Magmortar TM / Emboar BLW / Victini NVI deck. Not competing in this tournament. 

Good luck on running the tournament!

Sorry for the long response time i have been busy with other things...

If we are 6 players i was thinking about a 5 round tournament, where we all get to battle each one. Where we will find out what deck is the best in general. (See top post)

I was thinking about, that each player play best of 3, and for each win a player get 1 point. We all know how irritating it is to get a bad start/hand in first round in a tournament...

What do you guys say? Do you like the idear? 

How many days each player have to get settled each match? I was thinking 3-7 days? There are people that work each day and don't have time for playing everyday. 

When each round are finish we move on to the next round? Do you like that plan? 

Sounds great. :) Do you have a start date, or will we go whence we have enough people?

I wish I had more HGSS and Early BLW cards in my collection, would of loved to play in the tournament with a Magmortar TM / Emboar BLW / Victini NVI deck. Not competing in this tournament.

Good luck on running the tournament!

That sound like an interesting deck! How many Magmortar do you need for the deck? I can maybe help you with that.

You can use Emboar and Victini from Legondary Treasures they are reprint from the old set.

More players will better, and i do need a way to show tournament schedule on forum. That will make things much easyer.

That sound like an interesting deck! How many Magmortar do you need for the deck? I can maybe help you with that.

You can use Emboar and Victini from Legondary Treasures they are reprint from the old set.

Thanks for asking! I don't have all the cards for the deck currently, nor do I have the resources to trade for it.

Here's the deck list I use. (FYI I built this deck list for the HeartGold and SoulSilver through Black and White format a while ago, so currently it doesn't contain any Victini NVI, going to edit that in later)

Mostly likely Durant is a better mill deck for this format but I'll take the chance to use any Emboar deck in format.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 ********* 24 (Ugh, it censored it. The card is Clefairy's pre-evolution from Call of Legends.)

* 2 Shuckle PR-HS HGSS15

* 3 Magmar TM 42

* 3 Magmortar TM 27

* 2 Tepig PR-BLW BW7

* 1 Pignite BLW 18

* 2 Emboar BLW 20

* 2 Unown HS 54

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

* 4 Junk Arm TM 87

* 4 Pokémon Communication BLW 99

* 2 Rare Candy UL 82

* 2 Fisherman HS 92

* 1 Flower Shop Lady UD 74

* 4 Pokémon Collector HS 97

* 4 Professor Oak's New Theory CL 83

* 2 Twins TM 89

* 2 Burned Tower UD 71

##Energy - 16

* 16 Fire Energy CL 89

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If I remember correctly, space was really tight in this deck list when I built it.

Update i have found a way to show the turnament schedule. I will use my signatur text :)

Interesting deck, hope you get time to create it. :)

Why dit you deck list have so much space between the lins? Make it diffecult to get a good overview :(

That sounds great! Try build the best deck you can, then we battle.

It is ok to use a new edition of the same card example:

If you have a SR switch you can use that instead of the old edition.

(I think that the switch from HGSS is more beautiful the the new SR edition, but that is just me)

Tip:

Back in the "Beta formate", there was 3 basic pokemon with high HP of 130.

It was difficult to battle Reshiram/Zekrom vs  Reshiram/Zekrom because each have outrage as an attack.   

​There is only 3 basic pokemon in this formate that have 130 HP (witch is the max HP back then for a basic):

- Terrakion

- Zekrom

- Reshiram

Are you also allowing the Excadrill and Zoroark trainer's kits, and the BW black star promos?

Are you also allowing the Excadrill and Zoroark trainer's kits, and the BW black star promos?

Yes of course you can use Excadrill and Zoroark trainer's kits. (All the cards from that set is reprints)

Thanks for pointing that out!

The following promo cards is allowed:

- HGSS Promo  Cards

- BW Black Star Promo cards 1-34 ONLY

The BW Black star Promo cards 35+ was released after BW - Noble Victories. That why only 1-34 is allowed.

Yes of course you can use Excadrill and Zoroark trainer's kits. (All the cards from that set is reprints)

Thanks for pointing that out!

The following promo cards is allowed:

- HGSS Promo  Cards

- BW Black Star Promo cards 1-34 ONLY

The BW Black star Promo cards 35+ was released after BW - Noble Victories. That why only 1-34 is allowed.

Cool, thank you!  That helps me with what I have with my collection, as I have both of those trainer kits.  I am unsure of my BW promos though, I just built a nice deck without them that might compete.

Cool, thank you!  That helps me with what I have with my collection, as I have both of those trainer kits.  I am unsure of my BW promos though, I just built a nice deck without them that might compete.

I have update the first post about set that is allowed. Remember many cards was re-printet in LT!

-

Working on a way to show tournament schedule on forum. 

The other player hosted tournaments usually reserve the 2nd and 3rd posts for scheduling and announcements.

Yes, let get the party startet :)

I will contacteach player to confirmation they are still frish on batteling :)

And then i will add the turnement schedule to my signatur :)

* I have just startet in a New job this week that why i have been busy.

TO: Sharking, Amansepat, and TreTorMud- Please leave a post on this thread to indicate if you are or are not still planning to participate in the tournament.  Whence we have confirmation from everyone, we should be able to get going.

First of all sorry if i caused any delay to this tournament , i've been busy lately but i am ready for it and i already contacted settlers25 and told him i will participate.

Archived