Allow us to test decks with unowned cards perhaps?

MyNameIsMike37

I just saw an interesting deck build on the Reddit and I'm curious about playing it. While I can make the deck IRL, that's not the case in the online game and I would have to go through trading to fill out the missing cards.

But what if I don't enjoy playing the deck? What if I think the deck it ****? What if I just find that I like other decks better and that one just collects virtual dust until the next rotation where it probably has to be dropped due to vital cards being removed? Then I've wasted time, effort and packs/good cards trading just to build a bust deck.

I suggest allowing players to test a deck with unowned cards against other players in a special mode. You can use the Quick Match option for this since it's a pretty useless function to open a match with a random theme deck against the AI.

Normally I go to TCGOne for this but it becomes tedious to build the deck in 2 different platforms and honestly, their UI is kind of jankey.

That is why I do my research before I build any deck. I watch upwards of 10 videos on YT of different decklists. I see how well that archtype has performed in recent weeks and if it matches my play style. The only problem with this is that people will be able to build any deck they want and play matches for free. It will be turned into Yu-Gi-Oh online. 

That is why I do my research before I build any deck. I watch upwards of 10 videos on YT of different decklists. I see how well that archtype has performed in recent weeks and if it matches my play style. The only problem with this is that people will be able to build any deck they want and play matches for free. It will be turned into Yu-Gi-Oh online. 

Only with the Test Deck function VS the AI. That kind of makes it not so special.

But what about decks that I make up myself or that others make up and I like?

Personally, I like making my own builds or find interesting/new builds before I begin to run the standards (Sceptile, Greninja BREAK, etc.) so there often isn't any information on these decks meaning I have to test them myself. In this specific case, it's a Scizor EX build that utilizes Mew for constant switching to grind down the opposing Pokemon at 110 per hit. It sounds interesting and kind of fun but while I can build it IRL, I don't always have someone to play against. In comes the TCGO but I don't have enough of the cards to make it. There isn't anything tested about this online (the poster says it worked well against them) since this seems to have been a personal build by that player.

Like I said, I could use TCGOne but in the event that I'm building my own personal deck I like to go through my options and will often have upwards of 90-100 cards before I begin to whittle them down but I can't save unless I have exactly 60 cards in the deck, The UI also isn't spectacular and it becomes tedious to build a deck at least 2 times just to play it and find that I don't like it or it doesn't work.

• 4 months later...

I completely agree with this idea! It's much needed...and to make it fair, you would only battle other players who are also in this "test mode". They could call it PokeLab or something. Anyhow, to make it fair, you of course don't gain any Poke tokens/coins or win any packs at all. You don't get anything whatsoever. However perhaps you could make the A.I's deck to see how certain scenarios would play out? Or rather you can just challenge your friends in this mode and have them use a deck of your choosing. Just ideas! But yes the main reason I play the ptcgo is to test out deck ideas online Before I go out to make a deck in real life. So it would be quite excellent if we had free access to all cards, just for test purposes?! 

I completely agree with this idea! It's much needed...and to make it fair, you would only battle other players who are also in this "test mode". They could call it PokeLab or something. Anyhow, to make it fair, you of course don't gain any Poke tokens/coins or win any packs at all. You don't get anything whatsoever. However perhaps you could make the A.I's deck to see how certain scenarios would play out? Or rather you can just challenge your friends in this mode and have them use a deck of your choosing. Just ideas! But yes the main reason I play the ptcgo is to test out deck ideas online Before I go out to make a deck in real life. So it would be quite excellent if we had free access to all cards, just for test purposes?!

Necrozma would be proud of you...

If a thread is over 2-3 weeks old, start a new thread.

It's da rulez.

Archived