I'm a newbie and this is my first deck. What do I need the most?

chocopocoloc

Hi everyone! Only recently I found out about this great game and I really love it! I have been playing around making all sorts of cheap decks with the cards you start with. Now I've acquired some volcanions and other EXs and I'm sort of going for my first, somewhat competitive deck. Shaymin is not really an option yet. I'm looking for trainers that let me dig in my discard pile because I tend too run out of cards quite quickly; ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ****** ##Pokémon - 12 * 1 Fennekin *** 10 * 1 Braixen XY 25 * 1 Delphox XY 26 * 2 Victini-EX PLS 18 * 3 Volcanion STS 25 * 4 Volcanion-EX STS 26 ##Trainerkaarten - 36 * 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 * 2 Rough Seas PRC 137 * 2 Level Ball NXD 89 * 3 Professor's Letter XY 123 * 1 Wally ROS 94 * 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102 * 1 Acro Bike PRC 122 * 2 Lysandre AOR 78 * 2 Pokémon Fan Club ****** * 2 Blacksmith ****** * 2 Evosoda XY 116 * 2 Escape Rope PRC 127 * 2 Pokémon Center Lady ******** 1 Professor Juniper DEX 98 * 1 Colress PLS 118 * 1 Shauna *** 111 * 1 Misty's Determination BKP 104 * 3 Cheren DEX 91 * 1 VS Seeker ******* * 3 Energy Retrieval BLW 92 * 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129 ##Energie - 12 * 2 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92 * 10 Fire Energy Energy 2 Totaal aantal kaarten - 60 Where do I go from here? Thanks for your help in advance!

Its all really jumbled up, but ideally you probably want some better attackers, probably some ex cards like Charizard and combine it with pokemon ranger to use combustion and volcanions attack turn after turn. You could also go for an entei that hit for the number of bench. This addition will make your deck more consistent that your current delphox line and hopefully allow you to drop some cards to be able to make a standard deck for the future as well. 

As for supporters you probably want to go with 4 sycamore/juniper and drop and have 4 vs seekers (and then drop some supporters). Probably want to drop two professor letters, if your going to run acro bikes try running 3 or 4. I would suggest dropping the acros and going with 4 trainers mails. Drop misty and cheren (this is up to you, just my opinion) and go with 2 more shauna, or perferably 2-3 N. 

It seems like your deck is very expanded heavy so making this additions will make your deck slightly more standard, and more consistent in the process. There are many more change but this is a good start. 

EDIT: and if double colourless is essential to your deck, always run 4

Thanks for the feedback, pokemon ranger works great!

Now it looks somethong like this:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck-overzicht ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Charizard-EX PR-XY XY121

* 1 Fennekin *** 10

* 1 Braixen XY 25

* 1 Delphox XY 26

* 2 Victini-EX PLS 18

* 3 Volcanion STS 25

* 4 Volcanion-EX STS 26

##Trainerkaarten - 34

* 1 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137

* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123

* 1 Wally ROS 94

* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club ******

* 2 Blacksmith ******

********** Rope PRC 127

* 2 Pokémon Center Lady ******

* 2 Professor Juniper DEX 98

* 2 Colress PLS 118

* 3 Pokémon Ranger STS 104

* 3 Cheren DEX 91

* 1 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 2 Level Ball NXD 89

* 2 Energy Retrieval BLW 92

##Energie - 13

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

* 9 Fire Energy Energy 2

Totaal aantal kaarten - 60

****** Deckoverzicht gegenereerd door Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The Delphox line seems too thin. 2-1-2 with one rare candy would give you more consistency. Probably with 3 Volcanion EX (or even 2) it's enough to start making some space.

I think would work better and faster with 4 Juniper, 4 Ultra ball and 3 Scorched Earth stadium instead of Rough seas. You also need 2 or 3 N and why not 4 Blacksmith as it's the best supporter for fire. Being Expanded you could add 3 Battle compressor to discard the energies and use the Blacksmith. Could be 3 Blacksmith,3 Juniper, 2 Ranger and just one Colress but for sure you need 4 Vs Seeker that makes a great combo with the Compressor too.

Where's the space? No Cheren. Then one or zero Fan Club (you have the UBs and more Juniper for big draw hands), as much one Center lady. No Prof letter and Energy retrieval (but switch one for a Super rod if you desire) as your new strategy would be to discard the energies with Compressor, Volcanion EX and Scorched earth to add it back with Volcanion and Blacksmith. No need for extra searching or retrievals.

Just, duplicate your deck to make modifications and try if you find the key to make it work, because they are a lot of changes and strategy it's different so in case you don't like you'll always have the previous deck to start making changes again from zero or just to play with it if you liked more :)

Archived