Maxie's gallade in the 2017 standard format- help?

nash52

This is my first time actually posting on any forum ever so hopefully I don't break all the rules. Anyway, I've been testing a zoroark deck with maxie's gallade. Not because it's the most effective deck, but I started playing when breakthrough was the most current set and I like zoroark, so that's how I ended up with this deck. I have most of the cards in real life and would be able to play it for a reasonable cost unlike most other competitive decks. I'd like to be able to go to the closest league and play occasionally and meet other players. I would post the deck list but servers for tcgo are down right now. From memory though I'll get you the idea. Any help is appreciated since I can't seem to pull off a maxie's without battle compressor, or just help in general because I am by no means incredible at pokemon.  Thanks!

3 Zorua- bkt

3 Zoroark- bkt

3 Zoroark BREAK- bkt

2 Gallade- bkt

2 Remoraid- bkt

2 Octillery- bkt

2 Lugia EX- aor

Pokemon- 17

3 Sycamore

2 N

2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick

2 Skyla

2 Brigette

1 Lysandre

4 Ultra Ball

4 VS Seeker

3 Trainer's Mail

3 Acro Bike

2 Super Rod

2 Sky Field

2 Evosoda

Trainer- 32

4 Dark Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy

3 Dangerous Energy

Nothing is set in stone besides zoroark, octilery (because shaymin is too expensive), and gallade unless he's actually crippling the deck and I don't know it. 

This is my first time actually posting on any forum ever so hopefully I don't break all the rules. Anyway, I've been testing a zoroark deck with maxie's gallade. Not because it's the most effective deck, but I started playing when breakthrough was the most current set and I like zoroark, so that's how I ended up with this deck. I have most of the cards in real life and would be able to play it for a reasonable cost unlike most other competitive decks. I'd like to be able to go to the closest league and play occasionally and meet other players. I would post the deck list but servers for tcgo are down right now. From memory though I'll get you the idea. Any help is appreciated since I can't seem to pull off a maxie's without battle compressor, or just help in general because I am by no means incredible at pokemon.  Thanks!

3 Zorua- bkt

3 Zoroark- bkt

3 Zoroark BREAK- bkt

2 Gallade- bkt

2 Remoraid- bkt

2 Octillery- bkt

2 Lugia EX- aor

Pokemon- 17

3 Sycamore

2 N

2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick

2 Skyla

2 Brigette

1 Lysandre

4 Ultra Ball

4 VS Seeker

3 Trainer's Mail

3 Acro Bike

2 Super Rod

2 Sky Field

2 Evosoda

Trainer- 22

4 Dark Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy

3 Dangerous Energy

Nothing is set in stone besides zoroark, octilery (because shaymin is too expensive), and gallade unless he's actually crippling the deck and I don't know it. 

What is sky field doing for you? I don't really see the necessity of that stadium since as soon as you play a Zorua, any decent player is going to immediately limit their bench. 2 super rod is also 1 too many i think unless you have continuously been running out of dark energy/pokemon (which i dont see being the case, but you never know)

I would probably run an extra trainers mail for consistency, and probably 1-2 special charge so that you can recycle the  double colourless as well as the danger energy. My opinion is to run 2 and drop super rod, but i think you would have to play test it (im just going through what would happen if i was playing your deck).

I would also suggest pushing sycamore for 4 and dropping a supporter so that you can maybe ultra ball for the gallade and then sycamore it more efficiently. 

This one is more of a test one to try but there is also a support seeker item (not sure what its called) that basically searches your deck for your first supporter card, and I could see this being useful to find your maxies hidden ball, but it would only work if you limit your supports to maybe 3-4 different types of supporters (probably, N, sycamore, and maxie (and run 3-4 of this)). Just a few suggestions to think about, you can also add a different two stadiums that help dark pokemon (cant check with the servers down, but there definitely are). Good luck with your deck :)

What is sky field doing for you? I don't really see the necessity of that stadium since as soon as you play a Zorua, any decent player is going to immediately limit their bench.

Good Point. I may try faded town (if it's still in standard) since a lot of people are trying megas in the new format. Really anything to keep me from getting stuck with parallel city limiting my bench to 3.

2 super rod is also 1 too many i think unless you have continuously been running out of dark energy/pokemon (which i dont see being the case, but you never know)

I've just been running 2 so I don't end up with it discarded by Sycamore or Ultra Ball in the early game to get set up. I'll try it with one and probably drop in the fourth trainer's mail.

I would also suggest pushing sycamore for 4 and dropping a supporter so that you can maybe ultra ball for the gallade and then sycamore it more efficiently.

I could drop Skyla to 1 I think and push this up to 4. 

Thanks for the help!

Faded town is still standard.  In fact, it's my favorite standard stadium.  It's the strongest counter we have for megas , and I run one in every deck that would have trouble otherwise.  Which is most of them.

Archived