Looking for advise for my M-Gardevoir deck!

HighNoonJhin

Hey there fellow trainers!

I've recently finished my M-Gardevoir deck; sadly I haven't been able to play it due to the server downtime, so I wanna spend my time trying to improve it as much as I can!

Here is my decklist;

****** Pokémon Decklist ******

Pokémon - 12

• 2 M Gardevoir-EX PRC (Brilliant Arrow)
  • 1 M-Gardevoir-EX STS (Despair Ray)
  • 3 Gardevoir-EX (both STS and GEN)
  • 4 Xerneas STS (Geomancy)
  • 2 Hoopa-EX

Trainers - 34

• 2 Sycamore
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Gardevoirs Spiritlink
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 N
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Pokémon Ranger
  • 2 Prof. Birch Observations
  • 2 Fairy Drop
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Max-Elixier

Energy - 12

• 12 Fairy-Energy

Total Cards: 57

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to improve the deck? (except for Shaymins, which I can't afford right now. I'll try to get some if I win enough packs with this deck)

Main concept is basically using Xerneas with Geomancy to power up the two mega-gardevoirs with brilliant arrow, while keeping the despair-ray one for mewtwo-matchups. I'm keeping the Skylas to draw Hex and Ranger if needed.

Thanks for your suggestions and help! I really appreciate it!

I'll start off by saying that your thread gave me ideas of my own. I loved using my Garde deck until they rotated out Aromatisse. There was something fun about imagining my opponents face when they would hit me for 180 dmg just to have me transfer the energy off her and heal her with 2 super potions and a Pokemon Center Lady.

Anyways, as for changes I've thought of a few but keep in mind I'm fairly new myself.

- Take away one of the Hoopas. Running 4 Ultra Balls, if Hoopa is prized you can always go get who you need with those. Also, a 2nd one just cloggs your deck with something you don't need.

- Take away the Despair Ray M Garde and add another M Gadre with Brilliant Arrow. Even with a full bench, you'd only be doing 160 dmg and leaving nothing on your bench to do that dmg next turn. If you were using sky field where you can load your bench it might be an option but unless your running a Rainbow Force deck I don't know why you would.

- Personally, I prefer Sycamore to Birch. So get rid of both Birch. If you don't like the idea of discarding pokemon from your hand you can always throw in a super rod. The nergy in your discard pile is good for Maga Turbo and running 4 VS Seekers, if you have to discard a supporter with Sycamore, you could always get them back.

- I might get rid of one of the Skylas. Again with the VS Seeker, you could always get her back if you need her down the line.

- If you're worried about Mewtwo, maybe add 2 Enhanced Hammers?

- Maybe lose 1 energy and add a fighting fury belt. You won't need 12 if Xerneas can last long enough to load up your Gardes.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Let me know if it helped.

I'll start off by saying that your thread gave me ideas of my own. I loved using my Garde deck until they rotated out Aromatisse. There was something fun about imagining my opponents face when they would hit me for 180 dmg just to have me transfer the energy off her and heal her with 2 super potions and a Pokemon Center Lady.

Anyways, as for changes I've thought of a few but keep in mind I'm fairly new myself.

- Take away one of the Hoopas. Running 4 Ultra Balls, if Hoopa is prized you can always go get who you need with those. Also, a 2nd one just cloggs your deck with something you don't need.

- Take away the Despair Ray M Garde and add another M Gadre with Brilliant Arrow. Even with a full bench, you'd only be doing 160 dmg and leaving nothing on your bench to do that dmg next turn. If you were using sky field where you can load your bench it might be an option but unless your running a Rainbow Force deck I don't know why you would.

- Personally, I prefer Sycamore to Birch. So get rid of both Birch. If you don't like the idea of discarding pokemon from your hand you can always throw in a super rod. The nergy in your discard pile is good for Maga Turbo and running 4 VS Seekers, if you have to discard a supporter with Sycamore, you could always get them back.

- I might get rid of one of the Skylas. Again with the VS Seeker, you could always get her back if you need her down the line.

- If you're worried about Mewtwo, maybe add 2 Enhanced Hammers?

- Maybe lose 1 energy and add a fighting fury belt. You won't need 12 if Xerneas can last long enough to load up your Gardes.

Anyway, those are my suggestions. Let me know if it helped.

First off, thanks for the very detailed and long suggestion! Hard to find so many helpful and positive responses in other game-communities!

- Taking away one of the Hoopas would be quite nice actually, since I'd have to get the second one through trades anyways, haha. I'll try to go with 1 Hoopa and 4 Ultras then!

- Hrmmm, I just kept it as a counter to both fighting and psychic decks, due to its dual-type, except for Hoopa or 1-2 Xerneas I wouldn't discard anything anyways, but in case I run into a Mewtwo deck or something, those 220 hits will easily outclass the dmg I could output with Brilliant arrow. However, I might end up doing what you wrote, I think I'd have to give this some testing, maybe the enhanced hammers are the better choice here!

-Hm, I thought about Superrods aswell, but I'd need to get those first. Might swap the 2 Birch for 2 Rods or 1 Rod one Mega Turbo, that sounds like a much better idea.

- True, one Skyla might be enough, I'll consider this!

- That's funny, since I initially had a couple FFB in there. I guess I'll keep the energy count (to maximize the efficiency of elixier aswell) and remove something else. Maybe change one Skyla to a FFB, or the Hoopa!

This definitely helped, I won't "waste" another 3-4 packs on a second Hoopa and I think I'll remove 2 Birch for 2 Superrods or 2 Mega Turbos. I'll also consider changing that Skyla to a Furybelt!

Thanks a lot for your time and efforts, I really appreciate it!

Hey there fellow trainers!

I've recently finished my M-Gardevoir deck; sadly I haven't been able to play it due to the server downtime, so I wanna spend my time trying to improve it as much as I can!

Here is my decklist;

****** Pokémon Decklist ******

Pokémon - 12

• 2 M Gardevoir-EX PRC (Brilliant Arrow)
  • 1 M-Gardevoir-EX STS (Despair Ray)
  • 3 Gardevoir-EX (both STS and GEN)
  • 4 Xerneas STS (Geomancy)
  • 2 Hoopa-EX

Trainers - 34

• 2 Sycamore
  • 4 Trainers Mail
  • 3 Gardevoirs Spiritlink
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 N
  • 3 Fairy Garden
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Skyla
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 1 Pokémon Ranger
  • 2 Prof. Birch Observations
  • 2 Fairy Drop
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Max-Elixier

Energy - 12

• 12 Fairy-Energy

Total Cards: 57

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to improve the deck? (except for Shaymins, which I can't afford right now. I'll try to get some if I win enough packs with this deck)

Main concept is basically using Xerneas with Geomancy to power up the two mega-gardevoirs with brilliant arrow, while keeping the despair-ray one for mewtwo-matchups. I'm keeping the Skylas to draw Hex and Ranger if needed.

Thanks for your suggestions and help! I really appreciate it!

This is a very interesting deck, I play one like it myself so here are some suggestions :)

-1 Xerneas

-1 Lysandre

-1 Skyla

-2 Fairy Drop

-2 Professor Birch

---------------------------

So here's my reasoning, You don't need a full playset of Xerneas, they just clog up your hand and field, 2-3 usually work fine. Lysandre is something else you don't need a lot of, it is great but you have VS seeker that you can just keep grabbing it with, the same thing for Skyla, it's a waste to use your supporter to grab another one sometimes because by then its too late to use it, also can be grabbed by VS seeker. In my opinion, what you want most of are consistent cards such as N and Sycamore to shuffle through your cards but also disrupt your opponents. Birch is way to much of a gamble for that. Fairy drop is decent but only healing 50 won't help much, its better to use the SS M Gardevoir to take it out of play so the damaged pokemon is not Lysandred.

Additions:

+1 Sycamore/Mega Gardevoir EX, SS

+1 N

+1 Xerneas Break

+2 Super Rod

+4 Mega Turbo

+1 Gardevoir-ex

--------------------------------

+10

Sycamore and N are there for the Draw power. Xerneas break can ***** all the energy on your pokemon for the cost of only 2 Fairy energy, it also provides a buff for your basic Xerneas if you are using it to bring energy out. Super rod is seriously important in this. My strategy is when my Pokemon get low on HP. switch to the Mega Gardevoir-EX SS and take it out of play and do more damage with Despair Ray, for that purpose, it is necessary for Super Rod to be used to bring them back into play, and that second Hoopa to bring them back. Mega Turbo does not seem helpful, but it really is, so once a Gardevoir of Xerneas gets knocked out, you can get that energy back onto your mega evolution pokemon right away for an easy set up. The extra gardevoirs are just there for consistency, I would have suggested Shaymins, but I understand that they are expensive.

Good Luck!

WWhsdjhudj

Archived