Super old school cards! First sets ever made!

DoubleJR012

Did you know? When the card game first came out there were no Breaks/EX/Megas? I too do long for a format before even Legacy! Of course some changes would have to be made because there were over-powered cards like energy removal and super-energy removal. Super-Energy Removal being the worse of the two but maybe the format could survive with the mini-energy removal. It's basically like Crushing Hammer but you just remove an opponent's energy without flipping.

For nostalgia's sake it would be nice to see a format come out of the first sets every made. Of course Himonchan/Electabuzz Haymakers would be the benchmark but some variety may happen. Sometimes people played Mewtwo + Hitmonchan or Magmar + Hitmanchan but it would be really fun! We may even see soime good old Rain-Dance Blastoise decks too! Also, If they include Jungle set we'd see Wigglytuff Do the Wave decks!

Miss Pokemon when those first old sets came out and everything had lower Hitpoints except for things like Chancey, lol! 

I think they are missing out on major bank by not bringing them back actually and making a new gametype to play them.

I used to play it long ago too and I only started playing a couple months back and was surprised with how powerful all these Breaks and EXs pokemons were. That will be nice if they do that, I'm really not fond of the EX pokemons.

This had been requested many times in the past by many players. As far as I know, the dev-team have no plans to bring in any sets older than HG/SS.

This had been requested many times in the past by many players. As far as I know, the dev-team have no plans to bring in any sets older than HG/SS.

Basically  all pre-PTCGO set are not likely to get in PTCGO

I must confess also I'm mostly only familiar with Jungle and the base set. Would be nice to see those two mostly for me. I do remember the Fossil set slightly and Team Rocket set a bit and slightly the Gym ones then it's a blank for me.

Archived