Looking to build my first standard deck

Ninetale3

So I am looking into making my first standard deck. I normally play expanded cause I like seeing all sorts of decks. However, I feel like it wouldn't hurt to have a standard deck for tournament purposes and/or if I feel like playing standard.

The card I want to use is Ninetales EX as Ninetales is my favorite pokemon. Though I don't know what decks use it. (Almost all my expanded decks are 100% casual and gimmicky with no sense of research.)

So I am pretty much asking. What decks run Ninetales EX in standard. Granted I don't expect any sort of top tier decks. I just want to run my favorite mon. That's all that really matters for me.

Edit: The redundancy dapartment kicked my door and demand me to fix the redundancy. So I did.

Perhaps one copy could work in a Volcanion deck.  It's just not that great of a card; the cost is too high for it to be worth powering up most of the time.

If you want to play with ninetails ex, I would suggest taking a volcanion/flareon ex deck, and drop the flareons, and add ninetails in it's place. That way, you can use it's first attack to draw cards early, or let it sit on the bench and let volcanion accelerate energy to it to finish the game. Steam Up can make the damage better so ninetails can knock out other ex pokemon, and if you have to start with a ninetails, at least it will draw you 3 cards.

That's about the only deck I can think of for it. Max Elixirs to charge faster, volcanion gets energy on even faster, and cards like fisherman, and energy retrieval to keep your hand loaded with energy. I would suggest 13 fire energy, maybe 11 with 2 burning energy to mitigate the downside of ninetails' 130 attack. Definitely run 2 shaymin if you can, and at least 6 draw supporters. Other than that, play with the rest until you like it!

Hope that helps make your deck, and if you need any advice with the deck, let me know!

Alright, the Volcanion deck it is then. Definitely gonna be one of my bigger projects for the fall since I am gonna have to gather the core cards. Missing the majority of them.

Thanks to both of you for the replies.

Archived