Proper coins/tokens compensation

117Random117

Having to suffer an unexpected downtime twice in less than 48 hours is a bit ridiculous I must say...

Shall I put trades on the market when it will finally goes live again ?
Or shall I wait to be sure that my trades remaining time (and therefore tokens) do not get eaten by another downtime ?

And no I don't want a crappy (trade-locked on top of that) chest...

---

Trainer tickets lost in the process gets refunded and even if it's worse for most players to be refunded instead of playing the tournament they entered in... It's still rather fair.

On the other hand every trade on the market get affected.
- Basics maths : 50 trades X 5 hours of downtime = 250 tokens
- More accurate maths should include the fact that it's not actually 1 token per hour per trade, but 1 token per hour per trade IF the trade expire... Which means that the amount of tokens lost is way more than 1 per hour per trade.

For exemple if you ***** FA Darkrai-EX for trade, there are rather few buyers, so you usually put for trade for 48 hours... But if the few buyers happen to login (or trying to) during downtime... Well that's the whole trade whose lost, not only the 10h of downtime.
On the other side of the spectrum, if you are selling a Lysandre or a Professor Sycamore, plenty of people have it, so few people are buying it as well... Which gives the same result : if the few buyers should be online when the game is down, the whole trade (8/24/48) is lost, not only the X hours of downtime.

Same issue for all the "not so liquid cards".

So at the end of the day even if you refund an amount of token equal to the number of trade every player has on the market multiplied by the number of hours of downtime... It's still bad for the players.

What would probably be the fairest way to refund the token then ?

==> All trades that expired during downtime are entirely refunded.
==> And an amount of tokens equal to the number of trades on the market times the number of hours of downtime should be awarded as well (to compensate the trades that did not expired by the end of the downtime, but who basically lost hours of publication)

The first one is slightly positive for the players and the second one slightly negative so it's rather honest all in all.

I'm with you on this, thats actually the third downtime this week, not only i won like 500-600 tokens that were never added to my account within the bugged timeframe, but i had like 30+ trades running on each maintenance, i don't even have tokens to post them again

Totally agree. I just played an hour of random standard games to put in my public trades. And now it was for nothing when i lose all my token without even having the chance to complete any trades.

This really hurts.

The best I can suggest is to complain to Support.  They take these on a case by case basis, and they should know about their downtime.  If they refuse to assist you, and try to close the case, reopen it or post a new case and indicate you are escalating the prior case to a higher level of Support.

CycloneGU, on 09 Sept 2016 - 6:27 PM, said:

The best I can suggest is to complain to Support. They take these on a case by case basis, and they should know about their downtime. If they refuse to assist you, and try to close the case, reopen it or post a new case and indicate you are escalating the prior case to a higher level of Support.

Where would i seek that support? I sent a ticket when the bug started happening, like 3 days ago (it was like prior to first downtime) about lost tokens, i haven't gotten an answer yet.

I mean, those wasn't a big deal, **** happens, but after the third time it starts to get frustrating

Where would i seek that support? I sent a ticket when the bug started happening, like 3 days ago (it was like prior to first downtime) about lost tokens, i haven't gotten an answer yet. I mean, those wasn't a big deal, **** happens, but after the third time it starts to get frustrating

I sent a ticket to support a month ago about my daily rewards not being redeemed, 1 month later, its still not remdeemed D:

I am sad

I sent a ticket to support a month ago about my daily rewards not being redeemed, 1 month later, its still not remdeemed D:

I am sad

hahaha I feel bad for you bro 

The tokens used to trade are like a deposit. If your trade is accepted you get your money back, if not you lose the token. It's like an apartment, you didn't cause any damage you get your money back when your lease is up, if you destroyed the place, you lose that money in order to pay for the damage. This unscheduled maintenance is like someone throwing a party at your apartment without you knowing. It's tearing the place up and you end up paying for it by losing your deposit

Its like pulling teeth trying to get help from support, to even find out how to try and contact them is a google worthy situation and im not sure google could find out the answer. I had a few trades posted and im almost 100% sure im going to lose my coins as we are coming up on the 24 hour mark since i posted trades, furthermore 24 hours since ive played pokemon tcg, i havent been able to log in all day....whats the phouqing problem guys, it was working last night when i went to sleep, this is some b, ess!

I agree with this. I just started out and I fear that I will lose all 500 coins in my trades. PTCGO, I know I may not be spending much real money on the game, but this is certainly disheartening

the one thing i feel mildly happy about is that those guys spending several thousands of coins on terrible 48 hour trades and then accepting it later to bypass the system are slightly inconvenienced at the moment. Please take a look at that devs and mods :/

the one thing i feel mildly happy about is that those guys spending several thousands of coins and then accepting it later are slightly inconvenienced at the moment. Please take a look at that devs and mods :/

Gee... Talk about honor killing...

Gee... Talk about honor killing...

oh actually i meant to say those people who spam terrible 48 hour trades and accept it themselves (with a bot ofc) are slightly inconvenienced. I'll edit my post up there as well

oh actually i meant to say those people who spam terrible 48 hour trades and accept it themselves (with a bot ofc) are slightly inconvenienced. I'll edit my post up there as well

I heard you the first time lol

"Sir! We got numerous reports regarding players who post 100+ scam trades and then aceepting them with dummy accounts to save tokens! OHMIGOSH OUR SALES WILL DROP WHAT SHOULD WE DO?????"

"No worries! Just perform a server maintenance for 48 hours! That'll show them! Sorry about legit players but.....please understand that this is all for the good of PTCGO!"

"Uh..what maintenance?"

"That's not important"

Inb4 I get muted

I heard you the first time lol

"Sir! We got numerous reports regarding players who post 100+ scam trades and then aceepting them with dummy accounts to save tokens! OHMIGOSH OUR SALES WILL DROP WHAT SHOULD WE DO?????"

"No worries! Just perform a server maintenance for 48 hours! That'll show them! Sorry about legit players but.....please understand that this is all for the good of PTCGO!"

"Uh..what maintenance?"

"That's not important"

Inb4 I get muted

lol i didn't mean it that way xD obviously i'm frustrated that the maintenance is taking so long. Just that at the moment i felt kinda happy that at least some of those people would get thrown off track for a bit allowing for a bit of a cleaner public trades when we get on.

I'm sorry if you didn't share my view on this but then again, you don't have to. The only thing you have to share my view on is that shaymin-ex is the best draw support the game has had in a long time..

lol i didn't mean it that way xD obviously i'm frustrated that the maintenance is taking so long. Just that at the moment i felt kinda happy that at least some of those people would get thrown off track for a bit allowing for a bit of a cleaner public trades when we get on.I'm sorry if you didn't share my view on this but then again, you don't have to. The only thing you have to share my view on is that shaymin-ex is the best draw support the game has had in a long time..

Uxie is still better :P

The tokens used to trade are like a deposit. If your trade is accepted you get your money back, if not you lose the token. It's like an apartment, you didn't cause any damage you get your money back when your lease is up, if you destroyed the place, you lose that money in order to pay for the damage. This unscheduled maintenance is like someone throwing a party at your apartment without you knowing. It's tearing the place up and you end up paying for it by losing your deposit

You don't follow the problem here, man.  The problem is that you can post a trade, and two minutes later, servers go offline.  Then they are offline, in this case, for the entire day.  Literally the entire day.  24 hours have gone by.  So the player who posted 10 trades for 24 hours each is now out 240 tokens, just like that, because of it.  The 48 hour trades might still survive, provided the trades board isn't cleared when servers go offline, but if purged, that's 480 tokens lost.  That's a couple of packs and almost enough for a tournament.  For players who spend time earning these tokens, especially newer players without a lot of cards, this is a huge deal.

The entire way trades is done needs to be reconsidered.  I think trades should be free.  Yes, free.  Support is clearly not doing a bloody thing to help people impacted by these things, so change it to a 2 trades at a time system.  If a player has two up, they can't post another until they cancel a trade or one is accepted.  If any bugs do come up stopping the two trades from working, they can be addressed by devs while knowing the bug will probably clear in 24 hours, anyway.  Nothing lost in the account, just time trading.  That's not a big deal for two trades.

You don't follow the problem here, man.  The problem is that you can post a trade, and two minutes later, servers go offline.  Then they are offline, in this case, for the entire day.  Literally the entire day.  24 hours have gone by.  So the player who posted 10 trades for 24 hours each is now out 240 tokens, just like that, because of it.  The 48 hour trades might still survive, provided the trades board isn't cleared when servers go offline, but if purged, that's 480 tokens lost.  That's a couple of packs and almost enough for a tournament.  For players who spend time earning these tokens, especially newer players without a lot of cards, this is a huge deal.

The entire way trades is done needs to be reconsidered.  I think trades should be free.  Yes, free.  Support is clearly not doing a bloody thing to help people impacted by these things, so change it to a 2 trades at a time system.  If a player has two up, they can't post another until they cancel a trade or one is accepted.  If any bugs do come up stopping the two trades from working, they can be addressed by devs while knowing the bug will probably clear in 24 hours, anyway.  Nothing lost in the account, just time trading.  That's not a big deal for two trades.

To be fair if a trade is not accepted within 8 hours chances are it will not be accepted in 24 hours either. Which is why I only use the 8 hour option.

the one thing i feel mildly happy about is that those guys spending several thousands of coins on terrible 48 hour trades and then accepting it later to bypass the system are slightly inconvenienced at the moment. Please take a look at that devs and mods :/

I agree...There is a player that put op trade Rip OFF for about 9.500 token. A another player for 7.500 token. That will be a big hide on the token supplay....

Archived