Unlimited Decks

Bahncriaao

I have a few decks that are "unlimited" but there is no way to PvP with them anymore. They do not convert (or is no way to) over to "legacy" so I'm guessing that's a different game format? No - I haven't played in a while... so this legacy thing is a new one to me.

Legacy is a different format from Unlimited, and was created in direct response to the cancerous presence of Next Destinies Shiftry in that format. The Legacy format consists of the HGSS Series, Call of Legends, and the entire Black & White series - the only cards not in the format are from the XY Series (save for reprints of older cards).

Unlimited is now restricted to Friend Battles, which involve directly contacting another person's account and don't offer any kind of rewards at all.

Essentially, Shiftry killed the Unlimited format.

Essentially, Shiftry killed the Unlimited format.

Actually, Forest of Giant plants killed unlimited. Shiftry was simply an unplayable rare before Ancient origins. Really it was a combination of Shiftry, Forest and poor thinking from the development team. 

Thanks to the both of you for the quick response! I guess I'll have to convert all my "unlimited" decks over, even if the don't actually use the banned cards.

Archived