The great Shaymin Ex RNG Debacle

aikira21

So I have something to say in the entire RNG of Shaymin EX in Roaring Skies, VS. Seeker and even Wally. I bought and have opened over 200 packs of Roaring Skies and have yet to pull a single Shaymin Ex or any of the above. This has made me start looking at how toxic the market inline is for this card and I want us as players to make an action call. Because if we don't this toxic market will continue. Which is not fair to the players both online and offline.

What are the developers supposed to do about this? They won't rig the RNG to make Shaymin-EX easier to pull than it is already. 

Remember, in any pack that contains an EX, it could just as well be Shaymin-EX as Thundurus-EX or another low-value EX. Such is the nature of the rarity scheme in Pokemon TCG.

So I have officially opened 213 packs of Roaring Skies 160 in real life I pulled 4 Shaymin 2 vs Seeker and 2 Wally's in real life. While in game I got zero of said cards in the virtual game. This made me start looking into how Shaymin is literally like diamonds or platinum in game. Where it's boxes for trade and that envirment is not healthy for the players. So it's why I am calling this out. Because after opening up this many virtually I am seriously over it.

So I have officially opened 213 packs of Roaring Skies 160 in real life I pulled 4 Shaymin 2 vs Seeker and 2 Wally's in real life. While in game I got zero of said cards in the virtual game. This made me start looking into how Shaymin is literally like diamonds or platinum in game. Where it's boxes for trade and that envirment is not healthy for the players. So it's why I am calling this out. Because after opening up this many virtually I am seriously over it.

I don't get why you opened the packs to try to get Shaymin-EX (unless they were locked). 213 ROS packs would buy around 10 RA Shaymin-EX if I calculated correctly

I don't get why you opened the packs to try to get Shaymin-EX (unless they were locked). 213 ROS packs would buy around 10 RA Shaymin-EX if I calculated correctly

^ Pretty much this.

Yeah, pulling different cards in real packs compared to game ones is pretty big difference as well. But there's different criteria for what's going to be defined as desirable in real cards due to them having much more collectible based value. Game cards follow a more meta-game based value. Pack pulls gotta reflect that.

Also, think about it if you pulled much higher value cards in the real packs where there's much more real money involved how could they be ripping you off? I bet they just tweak pack pulls to maintain a more gameplay based experience on the TCGO. And it's not about being toxic, they wanna balance the game economy out as well.

And, yeah next time just hit up one the TCs they're helpful with this stuff and you can avoid things like this again.  ;)

This made me start looking into how Shaymin is literally like diamonds or platinum in game. Where it's boxes for trade and that envirment is not healthy for the players. So it's why I am calling this out. Because after opening up this many virtually I am seriously over it.

That I didn't even know sadly that's the sorry fact. That I had to trade them and it's what's wrong with the system.

Im putting the pieces together now...

So what you're saying is that having the market based on the currency of unopened packs is unhealthy for the game? So far it's worked fine and been widely accepted for the past 3-4 years, so I don't know what is unhealthy about it. Could you enlighten me?

Yeah, Roaring Skies, mostly widely traded.. Willing to bet is also the most widely opened, lol. I mean they gotta monitor the data and make tweaks to the system to balance things out. But is their motivation really to spread toxic? I don't think they don't have to resort to such tactics to sell their products.

The players are what makes it toxic asking for 36 packs or more for on card done more folks let's get serious.

Would you mind telling me how much real money you would have to spend on a real Shaymin EX, and then tell me it is only the online players that make this card toxic? :)

When RS was released, Full Art Shaymin EX was in my 7th pack i was opening and it took me 50 packs to get SR VS Seeker, twice in a row!

So i can't really follow your opinion especially because Shaymin EX is not really rare. It's just that everyone needs it x4! The high demand makes the value here, not the rarity. If this card would be as rare as you are trying to suggest, it would probably be far more worth than 100 packs.

Actually, the Shay here in game is more cheap than on real life. I'm seeing it above 50$. And seriously? You are ranting on 30+ packs? 

30 packs that you can technically get for free if you know how to trade lol

What no one is getting is RNG should have given me at least two based in real world statisics on amount of packs opened and one vs seeker and Wally. No one is getting that. That's frustrating.

That is the problem. These are not real world statistics. In real life, if you buy a sealed booster box, you are guaranteed a certain number of Ultra Rares, Full Arts, etc. In this game, it is 100% percentages. You want a secret rare? Every single pack has a 1/72 chance of that. Statistically, you should be getting a Shaymin EX (reg) one in every 50 or so packs (don't feel like mathing right now, so I won't give an exact number). But so long as you get the normal number of Ultra Rares, the RNG is working just fine. In fact, it actually is an RNG, while real life is just not. The only way I could see of the game remedying this (because I do fully understand that it should be more like real life) would be to offer in game booster boxes, probably just for a large number of coins, that guarantees a more perfect distribution of cards like real life boxes do. 

That's the thing I didn't. I pulled less than half of what I normally pull. It was eye opening to say the least.

There is this little thing called bad luck, and it happens to people.

Hahaha it's funny how true this acually is. If you were smart you would have realised this yourself and wouldn't have opened the packs for no reason.

Here's a friendly tip: The only time you should actually open packs is when a new set comes out. Opening packs then is the only time it acutally makes sense, because its the best way to get all the commons and uncommons you need. So, opening packs any other time is an absoulte brainfade especially if you have most cards from that set and are searching for a specific ultra rare. So yeah the smart and sensible thing to do would be to trade those packs to get the card you specifically need.

Hahaha it's funny how true this acually is. If you were smart you would have realised this yourself and wouldn't have opened the packs for no reason.

Here's a friendly tip: The only time you should actually open packs is when a new set comes out. Opening packs then is the only time it acutally makes sense, because its the best way to get all the commons and uncommons you need. So, opening packs any other time is an absoulte brainfade especially if you have most cards from that set and are searching for a specific ultra rare. So yeah the smart and sensible thing to do would be to trade those packs to get the card you specifically need.

Opening Packs is always fun though :D

Opening Packs is always fun though :D

Sure it is...if you're completetly ok with the cards the packs give you and if you don't have a problem with bad pulls...but apparently that's not the case with the dude that created this post. :)

Archived