Need some MAJOR help with Fire decks!

LordCharizardX

Ok, a friend is coming into the TCG, and her favorite type is Fire, and so I want to build her a deck to play right off the bat, what's the best Fire build for Standard format? Just need a list I can get any cards needed, my specialty is Fighting and Locks, not so good with Fire.

Anyone help me out?

One of the better Fire builds is Volcanion. It focuses on using Volcanion EX's Steam Up to power up Basic Fire Pokemon's attacks by 30 for one turn (by discarding a Fire energy); multiple copies can stack with one another. It combos well with regular Volcanion's Power Heater to get the discarded energy on to benched Fire Pokemon. The most common secondary attacker to run alongside this engine is Flareon EX. 

A sample deck list can be found here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/bring-the-heat-with-volcanion-ex/

im using volcanion atm. 4x basic 3x ex and 2x shaymin (only have 2) did find it ran well with octillery for the extra draw each turn. fighting fury belts on the basics coupled with 3 steam ups can hit 200 damage with steam up. found i struggle against the mega mewtwo ex decks and anything with garbador shutting down the abilites. downside of the ex is it cant use the attack on next go so you want float stones/switch to bring it back or a pokemon ranger to lose effects of attacks. 

i have played against a volcanion deck, if you can attack the bench, and disrupt, you can take them out very quickly with the right deck.

I run a fire deck with two of them in it but with char as my basic and some other fire basic ex's that help me along, rarely lose with it in my deck, even facing water because i use blacksmith like 3 times in my deck

I don't have many EX pokemon, so, I run a Delphox/Blaziken deck and it works pretty well. The idea is to get one of those early in the game (using Wally or Evosoda), usually Delphox, because its Psystorm or Blaze Ball atacks can deal a ton of damage if there are enough energies in play.  

i have played against a volcanion deck, if you can attack the bench, and disrupt, you can take them out very quickly with the right deck.

I run a fire deck with two of them in it but with char as my basic and some other fire basic ex's that help me along, rarely lose with it in my deck, even facing water because i use blacksmith like 3 times in my deck

I'm making her a deck for standsrd so Blacksmith is out.

Archived